Old 03-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Near flawless ladies who deserve more love than they get:

CORDELIA CHASE/LIFE

JO HARVELLE/LIFE

RACHEL BERRY/LIFE

ROSE TYLER/LIFE

GWEN COOPER/LIFE

(Okay this one I have to explain. I recently did a Torchwood rewatch, and honestly I've grown to appreciate and really love what Gwen stands for. The only reason I dislike her is when she's with Jack. But in season 3 and 4? She's incredibly badass and strong willed and I love that about her. She stands up for what she believes in and she doesnt take no for an answer. I love how much she's matured in season 4. Eve Myles is also stunning so that helps too.)

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaHogan (View Post)
Brooke/Lucas

"Brooke's the one. Now make the shot."

HE MADE THE SHOT.

BRB BAWLING FOR ALL ETERNITY

Aww That episode was one of my faves. Lucas was never more confident in his love for anyone than he was in that episode imo. The rest of S3 is gold for them too... even better than the beginning.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
Aww That episode was one of my faves. Lucas was never more confident in his love for anyone than he was in that episode imo. The rest of S3 is gold for them too... even better than the beginning.
I find that incredibly difficult to believe, because this entire season has been blowing me away with AMAZING Brooke/Lucas. Lucas is SO secure in his love for Brooke. Nothing can deter him, nothing. He knows without a doubt that Brooke is the one.

If Brooke's the one, make the shot.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

You guys are depressing me with all the BL love I will NEVER forgive the writers for what they did. Brooke/Lucas had the best buildup, chemistry, lovestory, everything ...and then nothing.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I find that incredibly difficult to believe, because this entire season has been blowing me away with AMAZING Brooke/Lucas. Lucas is SO secure in his love for Brooke. Nothing can deter him, nothing. He knows without a doubt that Brooke is the one.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo...4ahno1_500.gif

If Brooke's the one, make the shot.

Right? Trust me, there's plenty more of that. There are like 5 of their most popular scenes that happen in the rest of the season and so many other great moments too, you'll love it!

Quote:
You guys are depressing me with all the BL love I will NEVER forgive the writers for what they did. Brooke/Lucas had the best buildup, chemistry, lovestory, everything ...and then nothing.
It kills me. I will never understand how it all came to Lucas loving Peyton the entire time and Brooke being his ~denial. It baffles me.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessblaze (View Post)

CORDELIA CHASE/LIFE
ROSE TYLER/LIFE
ITA with these.

Most flawless female characters ever:

Britta Perry/Life
Faith Lehane/Life
Anya Jenkins/Life
Cordelia Chase/Life
Luna Lovegood/Life
Hermione Granger/Life
Donna Noble/Life
Amy Pond/Life
CJ Cregg/Life
Donna Moss/Life
Leslie Knope/Life
Caroline Forbes/Life
Cassie Ainsworth/Life
Mini McGuinness/Life
River Tam/Life
Faye Chamberlain/Life

^That list ended up longer than I intended it, and I'm pretty sure I forgot some.

Quote:

GWEN COOPER/LIFE

(Okay this one I have to explain. I recently did a Torchwood rewatch, and honestly I've grown to appreciate and really love what Gwen stands for. The only reason I dislike her is when she's with Jack. But in season 3 and 4? She's incredibly badass and strong willed and I love that about her. She stands up for what she believes in and she doesnt take no for an answer. I love how much she's matured in season 4. Eve Myles is also stunning so that helps too.)[/CENTER]
Haha, I never thought I'd see you post this! But I agree. She was a lot better written in the last two seasons. She benefited from the show moving away from Jack/Gwen, became more defined as an individual character, and began to have more moments of actually being kind or badass, rather than us just being told she was. I had other major problems with the last two seasons, but Gwen's characterisation is definitely something that has improved greatly.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Void (View Post)
ITA with these.

Haha, I never thought I'd see you post this! But I agree. She was a lot better written in the last two seasons. She benefited from the show moving away from Jack/Gwen, became more defined as an individual character, and began to have more moments of actually being kind or badass, rather than us just being told she was. I had other major problems with the last two seasons, but Gwen's characterisation is definitely something that has improved greatly.
I never thought I'd post this either! But seasons 3 and 4 have recently changed my opinion on Gwen. I'm glad the show never went the Jack/Gwen route because it allowed Gwen to move on and become a much stronger character within herself and not constantly fawning over Jack all the time. She's much more interesesting that way. And I agree. The last two seasons we actually SAW Gwen being strong and badass instead of being constantly told she was like int he first two. I wish Gwen was written like that in the first two seasons.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
It makes no sense. I am never going to be able to get over BL not being endgame. I mean, why build up a couple so much? Why make it so devastatingly clear to the audience that Brooke and Lucas are completely in love with each other? That they believe they're the one for each other? That nothing anyone says can detract from that? Why make it clear that Brooke is Lucas' destiny, only to pull a retcon of that a season later? It goes against every storytelling bone in my body.

Quote:
Right? Trust me, there's plenty more of that. There are like 5 of their most popular scenes that happen in the rest of the season and so many other great moments too, you'll love it!
I am SO EXCITED.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Harry/Luna
Ron/Hermione
Harry/Ron/Hermione
Harry/Life
Ron/Life
Hermione/Life
Neville/Life
Luna/Life
Ginny/Life
Draco/Life
ITA with all those. I sometimes feel like I'm one of a very few people who likes Draco but I cannot resist him Usually, I don't fall for bad ass teen type but with Draco it was different because despite him not even being the main character, JKR managed to do a phenomenal job with showing his emotional stuggles and making his feelings clear, making readers see where he was coming from without justifying his actions but just giving a proper look into them and making them make sense from start to finish. He never got a "he is a bastard but at least he is complex and multi-layered" sort of excuse and he had to carry a full responsibility for all of his mistakes and wrong choices. He was snobbish, yes, and he did and said things that should not have been said and done but he was not a bad person and in fact, he was never obsessed nor did he even want to be a part of the whole being among Death Eaters thing, because Draco was not a fanatic, he respected freedom a lot because he was, to say a cliche, wild at heart. I wish we had gotten more with Draco, but I guess that it what fanfic is for.

Also, Cordelia gif

Cordelia/Doyle
Cordelia/Buffy
Cordelia/Angel
Cordelia/Life

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It makes no sense. I am never going to be able to get over BL not being endgame. I mean, why build up a couple so much? Why make it so devastatingly clear to the audience that Brooke and Lucas are completely in love with each other? That they believe they're the one for each other? That nothing anyone says can detract from that? Why make it clear that Brooke is Lucas' destiny, only to pull a retcon of that a season later? It goes against every storytelling bone in my body.

I am SO EXCITED.
It's not even about endgame for me. I just don't understand why they had to disrespect their relationship and make out like they were nothing to each other.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Jaime, I love your Bridget/Andrew icon

Old 03-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Jaime, I love your Bridget/Andrew icon
He saved her from getting shot this week!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Well, tbh, I truly believe that the reason BL was kind of killed after season five was because of all the stuff that went down between Chad and Sophia. I honestly think that's what happened.

But you're absolutely right, Callista! It makes no sense why BL would not end up together, because Lucas declared himself completely in love with Brooke time, and time again. You really see this all throughout season three, as well. Only in season four do they actually have to RETCON EVERYTHING Lucas has said and done in regards to Brooke. But, whatever. At the end of the day, BL had the most beautiful story, most wonderful moments, and the most special/sexy/genuine chemistry. It's why, even to this day, all of the people I know IRL who watch OTH were fans of Brooke and Lucas. They had an amazing connection, and no poor-ending-conceived-only-after-real-life-drama is going to change that for me.

I'm so glad you're enjoying BL this much, though!

Last edited by blue_skiess; 03-16-2012 at 04:51 PM
Old 03-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
He saved her from getting shot this week!
Aww, really? That's so sweet. Maybe I'll catch up with Ringer again soon, just for them

Old 03-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessblaze (View Post)

CORDELIA CHASE/LIFE
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/...NSt1qjt5tf.gif

ROSE TYLER/LIFE
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/...lml0o2_500.gif

GWEN COOPER/LIFE

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/...qgz6o1_500.gif
ITA with these LOVE that Cordy gif too btw.

+

Xena & Hercules
I've been rewatching their episodes and gah they need more appreciation! They were such a cute and amazing pair.

Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top