Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Cosima & Delphine {Orphan Black} #1: "Cosima is quite taken with Delphine." ~ Tatiana Maslany

+
#01;
c o s i m a d e l p h i n e

appreciation thread

fans.
001. five items
002. murphyboy11
003. Youre
004. Onomatopoeia
005. Scully_fan
006. Sixonxnavade
007. zephyrchild
008. PheeNiks
009. arakha
010. Rickylious
011. emzandnaomifan
012. Kitty_Fantastico
013. erayk90
014. 324B21
015. Tugi
016. vinylvinyl
017. NateBlairlover
018. endlessblaze
019. Jacquelyn
020. Soulslayer
021. eleonor
022. Beautiful Tragedy

+

“Cosima is quite taken by Delphine ... This is her life, this is her heart, this is a person who could be quite
important to her. We really start to understand Cosima better through her relationship with Delphine.”
TATIANA MASLANY

“I think she is kind of surprised by her feelings for Delphine. It's the kind of attraction, and need, that blinds
her ... Her attraction and feelings are undeniable to her, even though it might be dangerous.”
TATIANA MASLANY

“I feel really lucky to get to work with Evelyne (Delphine). I've been a fan of hers for a long time, way before
we started filming, it was very easy to fall for her.”
TATIANA MASLANY

+

Back at her school, Cosima has just met a brilliant French student named Delphine, who is dealing with a bad
breakup. There’s an instant connection between the two women.

Over in Cosima’s neck of the woods, Delphine is proving to be too charming to stay away from.

+

Before they part ways, Cosima tells Delphine she’s going to get her so high someday, to which Delphine responds,
‘It’s nice to make a friend in the brave new world.’ Based on the look on Cosima’s face when her new French friend
kisses her on either cheek, I think she might be equal parts suspicious of her intentions and falling for that accent.

Delphine interrupts the share-session and [plants] a (very seductive) kiss on Cosima after inviting herself over.

Cosima was hesitant at first, but that face and that accent — even smart girls get dumb around girls like Delphine.

future.
"Don't you think it's time we admit what this is really about?"
"She's very cheeky, this girl. But that's why I like her."
"That's ... oddly romantic."
"Bonsoir ma chérie."
"I just want to make like, crazy science with you."
"I can't stop thinking about that kiss."
"You're about to become a craven addict." "I think I already am."
"Delphine is a person who could be very important to Cosima." ~ Tatiana Maslany
"I feel really lucky to get to work with Evelyne ... it was very easy to fall for her." ~ Tatiana Maslany
"I think she is kind of surprised by her feelings for Delphine." ~ Tatiana Maslany
"I didn't want to fall for you. I wasn't supposed to. But I have."
"You feel it. It's not a lie. It's not possible."

past.
01 - "Cosima is quite taken with Delphine." ~ Tatiana Maslany

+

+

+

+
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 06-15-2013 at 07:37 PM
Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Do I even need to ask to be added
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'll come out of hiding to get added to the list
Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Added you both.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Thanks! I really hope Delphine isn't involved with the Clone creators.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 05-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not quite there with the shipping yet but I want them together. Three of the stories I've read for them (which you've linked on the OP already) are gorgeous.

But anyway, could you add me to the list too, Twist?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lord such a gorgeous thread. Please add me.

Also there is now an Orphan Black campaign on the board request forum. This show deserves a board!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Thanks! I really hope Delphine isn't involved with the Clone creators.
I just want Delphine to turn out to be good all along. Or be redeemed because of lesbians. And science.

Quote:
I'm not quite there with the shipping yet but I want them together. Three of the stories I've read for them (which you've linked on the OP already) are gorgeous.
I'll totally go add you!

Quote:
Also there is now an Orphan Black campaign on the board request forum. This show deserves a board!
Thanks for making the campaign thread bb!
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)
Lord such a gorgeous thread. Please add me.

Well look at that!!! HAI LAUREN <3

Everyone see the preview for next episode? Looks like it's going to be a good one! Is there only 10 episodes this season?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not really sure if I ship it. I really like it...but am afraid that Delphine is hired to be Cosima's friend and confidante...
Also, is she flirting? Or just french... sometimes that's a hard line to see.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by five items (View Post)
I just want Delphine to turn out to be good all along. Or be redeemed because of lesbians. And science.
Science girlfriends.
I'm saddened by the whole situation as the gurl probably has some super ~shady past (even moreso than Paul) that Leekie is using to get her to not only monitor Cosima but also sleep with him. As I refuse to believe she's sleeping with him out of her own volition. I can't shake the feeling that it's all heading towards some tragic end.

Quote:
Thanks for making the campaign thread bb!
No problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youre (View Post)
Well look at that!!! HAI LAUREN <3

Everyone see the preview for next episode? Looks like it's going to be a good one! Is there only 10 episodes this season?
Melissa is that you? Hai.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
EVERY episode is a good one, lbr. And yeah, there's only 10 episodes a season. Thank goodness we already know we're getting a S2.

Quote:
I'm not really sure if I ship it. I really like it...but am afraid that Delphine is hired to be Cosima's friend and confidante...
Well, yeah, I think Delphine was hired to get close to Cosima, just like Paul was hired to get close to Beth. But unlike Paul, Delphine seems pretty uncomfortable about the whole thing. She does not look like she's into it -- or Dr. Leekie -- at all. Sure she's doing her job, but her heart's not in it. And I think it's because she has genuine feelings for Cosima (if not romantic, then certainly friendship).

I think one of the reasons she was startled by the kiss is because she feels guilty about monitoring Cosima and because oh, she actually wants this to happen, she's not just doing it because it's her job. And honestly, if Paul can fall for Sarah, why can't Delphine fall for Cosima? Same situations.

I'm hoping that Delphine doesn't tell Leekie about the kiss and that her "I can't stop thinking about the kiss" is genuine.

Quote:
As I refuse to believe she's sleeping with him out of her own volition.
Agreed.

Quote:
I can't shake the feeling that it's all heading towards some tragic end.

Since Helena's name's meaning/symbolism is actually relevant to her character, I hope that Delphine's is too. After all, "Delphine" = "dolphin" = savior. I want her to save Cosima.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully_fan (View Post)

Melissa is that you? Hai.
YES Been too long

Quote:
EVERY episode is a good one, lbr. And yeah, there's only 10 episodes a season. Thank goodness we already know we're getting a S2.
True, true 10 seems so short I was hoping it would be at least 13 episodes, but knowing we're getting a season 2 already helps. The hiatus is going to suck though
Quote:
Since Helena's name's meaning/symbolism is actually relevant to her character, I hope that Delphine's is too. After all, "Delphine" = "dolphin" = savior. I want her to save Cosima.
My only issue with that is haven't they already done that with Paul/Sarah Him ending up as the "good" monitor. I don't think they will take the same route with Delphine, though will be interesting as to how they work it in if they do.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
My only issue with that is haven't they already done that with Paul/Sarah Him ending up as the "good" monitor. I don't think they will take the same route with Delphine, though will be interesting as to how they work it in if they do.
Idk, the situations ARE similar, but not really the same. I mean, Paul didn't know Sarah was Sarah, so he fell more for Beth!Sarah than the ACTUAL Sarah. And also, he likes the sex. And honestly, until 107, he was ready to kill her to move on with his life. Whereas Delphine seems more conflicted about the whole thing and hasn't fallen for Cosima under false pretenses, so ...
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 05-14-2013 at 01:28 PM
Old 05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me.