Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

THE CONSTELLATIONS [Perseus♥Andromeda ; Clash Of The Titans] - they defied the gods and claimed the heavens.

w e l c o m e t o t h e
PERSEUS&ANDROMEDA
a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d.
they defied the gods and claimed the heavens.

.:MEMBERS:.
1. lisztomania
2. LHScott
3. Lari
4. LuCe60

Last edited by lisztomania; 08-24-2011 at 09:22 AM
lisztomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

this could be the loneliest thread in the history of FF. O_o

Last edited by lisztomania; 04-04-2010 at 06:49 PM
lisztomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

^^ LOL. Awww..

Love the pic in the op! So I haven't seen the movie yet but I will because I love Sam and Alexa, and I was looking forward to seeing Perseus/Andromeda since I know about their love story you can add me. But apparently in the movie he ends up with Lo? : What's that all about? Weird.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

I only like their friendship.
I prefer Perseus and Lo. I felt more of a connection and chemistry between them.

The writers said that the remake would be somewhat different from the classic.
Kiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
^^ LOL. Awww..

Love the pic in the op! So I haven't seen the movie yet but I will because I love Sam and Alexa, and I was looking forward to seeing Perseus/Andromeda since I know about their love story you can add me. But apparently in the movie he ends up with Lo? : What's that all about? Weird.
no, he didn't necessarily "end up" with io but romance is implied between them and they're both in the end scene.

perseus/andromeda was actually originally written in the script (i can post the b-roll footage if you wanna see sam and alexa while they were shooting the kissing scenes) but apparently they scrapped that in reservation for the sequels. and i hear io's going to be a villain. YAY!

and thank you for coming over, guys. hopefully if there's more of us, i'll improve the OP.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Old 04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
New Fan

hi, just watched Clash Of The Titans @ G4 ... can anyone post the line of Perseus to Io when she was about to die?? I really love that scene...TIA
appleoftheeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

ugh. *sour face* i really hate that pairing and i can't find the line anywhere but i think it went something like "you've always been there watching over me blah blah blah"

and everybody should read THIS.

so the original cut of the film was:

Quote:
Meanwhile, the very nature of Perseus' quest is quite different in the original version. As I mentioned in my review, my visit to the set of the film had revealed that Gemma Arterton considered the relationship between her character Io and Perseus as a brother/sister one; the finished film isn't quite so fraternal, with the two having a romantic connection. But Arterton was speaking before the reshoots that redefined the relationship.

In the original version Perseus was in fact romantically drawn to Andromeda, giving Alexa Davalos much more to do. But there was more to it all than that; while falling for Andromeda gave Perseus a better reason to go questing in the first cut (as you'll recall the finished film has him hitting the road only to get vengeance on Hades, a concept that was added in reshoots), it also gave the script a chance to lay out some of the film's basic thematic points. Perseus felt that it was important to save Andromeda not just because of how he felt about her but because he believed no humans should be sacrificed to placate the gods. To Perseus the quest was not just to save the woman he loved but was also a way to prove a fundamental belief - that humans were just as, if not more, important than the gods. To Perseus sacrificing anyone to the gods was the act of a subservient people who were in bondage, and that humans should break free of that bondage. There are elements of this secular humanist viewpoint in the finished film, but this was a much bigger, more important aspect in the original.
thanks a lot for nothing studio execs. you completely butchered what could have been a monumental film.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the reply and hoepfully future movies will see more of these two. Maybe it can be a blessing in disguise? So we can have a slow burn romance and not one of just, I have to save her and they automatically fall in love?
Old 04-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
Thanks for the reply and hoepfully future movies will see more of these two. Maybe it can be a blessing in disguise? So we can have a slow burn romance and not one of just, I have to save her and they automatically fall in love?
you're right! i'm hoping for that as well. that way, people won't be able to say that they wouldn't make much sense as a couple. if anything, it'll be io and perseus not making sense especially after that article came out.

by the way, HERE's the b-roll clip i'm talking about. them filming the kissing scenes starts about the second half of the clip.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

The sequel's just been greenlit. to me.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Duuuuuuude, you are SO NOT ALONE.

I'm TOTALLY for Perseus/Andromeda too. Have been since the moment I saw the trailer. I was so so sad when I came off the movies =/

And I think I'm sadder now. To know they were going to be the couple but WEREN'T. WTF? WHYYYYY?

Is there a possibility they will be together in the sequel?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

thank god.

i'm not sure but i hope so. i hear they hired a completely new crew for the original but they're getting the same actors for the same roles. and i hear the new writer's hugely disappointed with the remake because he's a big fan of the original. so there a big possibility he's gonna write is as perseus/andromeda. *crosses fingers and toes*
Old 06-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aw, I'm crossing my fingers and toes along with you now.
Yeah, that thing about the new guys being disappointed because it wasn't faithfull to the original can be a good thing for us.

They match too much to let it go to waste.

Reply   Post New Thread