Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Comrades in Arms:An Appreciation Thread for Hawkeye/Margaret from M*A*S*H

I looked and looked and I couldn't find any thread for this couple.
So,I thought I'd start one.

I'm a huge fan of M*A*S*H,and I know I'm not the only one.I'm also a huge HM shipper and figured there had to be other people who shipped this way.So,anyone who wants to discuss this classic couple,feel free to come here

Reasons We Ship Hawkeye/Margaret
-Because they had chemistry from the pilot all the way through the finale.
-Because the kiss in Comrades in Arms was filled with passion.
-Because the kiss in Goodbye,Farewell,and Amen was the longest in prime-time history and was even hotter than the CiA kiss.
-Because he admitted to BJ that he liked her.
-Because she said she was smiling under her mask even when she was pretending to be mad at him.
-Because they found comfort in each other during the sad times.
-Because she opens up to him more than with pretty much anyone else.
-Because he's always so concerned about her

The Soundtrack
-"If That's What It Takes" by Celine Dion
-"Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler
-"Save Tonight" by Eagle-Eye Cherry
-"Ever the Same" by Rob Thomas
-"Fall Into Me" by Emerson Drive
-"Realize" by Colbie Caillat
-"You Get Me" by Michelle Branch
-"Collide" by Howie Day
-"Far Away by Nickelback
-"Alone" by Heart
-"Miss Independent" by Kelly Clarkson
-"Take My Hand" by Dido
-"I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders

Comrades
1.House24Fan
2. KellAndSteve4Ever
3. cheersgifoltc
4. CatFoley16
5. Dingbat
6. Adie010
7. MelBelle2
8. fractured moonlight

-Just ask if you want to be added to the list or if you have any suggestions for things to put in the opener.
Lauren-Huddy Queen of Subtext//Visit the LOTR Campaign Thread

Last edited by royalįƒ¦caliber; 08-17-2017 at 05:28 PM Reason: Adding a shipper to the list
House24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm a big supporter of this couple. I really like the progression their relationship made throughout the course of the show. At first they were at odds I mean he's so anti-military and she's so by the book. (Not to mention they were hooking up with other people *cough.*) But over the course of the show they grew to respect each other, had a few romantic things here and there (I loved how he would randomly go up and kiss her ). By the end of the show I was ready for them to be together. I have a huge post-war fanfiction I'm planning about them and the other people of the 4077 but I haven't had time to work on it lately.
Anyway, long post short, thank you for starting this thread, hopefully more people will come by!

P.S. I've only shown my roommate at school a few random MASH clips like the last episode kiss, some early season 2 stuff, etc and she wants them together!
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Glad to see another HM supporter! I too loved how they went from near-hate to close friendship to love.And I don't know how many people know this but in the pilot to the M*A*S*H spin-off,AfterMASH,it was stated that after the war Hawkeye and Margaret had gotten married and were living in Crabapple Cove.

-CatFoley16-When you've finished your fanfic,please tell me where you posted it.I would love to read it.I love post-war fics especially when there's a nice helping of HM.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'd be glad to let you read my fiction. I just hope I do the whole gang justice.
Please call me Savannah by the way. I heard about what was mentioned in AfterMASH and that made me happy, very happy.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

I like this couple almost as much as I love Sam and Diane from Cheers.
cheersgifoltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Old 01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Passionate Fan

YAY for moving the thread up!

I'm glad to see another HM fan! And from what I know of Sam/Diane shippers,the fact that HM is almost as high on your love list as them is high praise in deed!

Have any favorite HM moments?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Right off hand, I love the moment in the peace talks episode (Peace on Us) when she's angry about her decision to divorce Donald ( I always hated that character but we were supposed to lol). He's ticked about the rotation points for doctors being increased and they both kick this tin box thingy around and in between their anger they talk to each other almost in a comforting way. It's very sweet and shows a change in their respect for each other. (I mean I thought he started to appreciate her slightly in season 3 but yeah...)

P.S. I'm a major fan of M*A*S*H who's a Journalism/Psychology major and really have a good memory for stuff so don't be surprised if I come on here and get all analyzing and so forth. .
Old 01-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by House24Fan (View Post)
YAY for moving the thread up!
I'm glad to see another HM fan! And from what I know of Sam/Diane shippers,the fact that HM is almost as high on your love list as them is high praise in deed!
Have any favorite HM moments?
No problem.
I can't help it. I just ship great couples.
C*A*V*E, Comrades in Arms, and the GFA kiss. There's probably more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFoley16 (View Post)
Right off hand, I love the moment in the peace talks episode (Peace on Us) when she's angry about her decision to divorce Donald ( I always hated that character but we were supposed to lol).
P.S. I'm a major fan of M*A*S*H who's a Journalism/Psychology major and really have a good memory for stuff so don't be surprised if I come on here and get all analyzing and so forth. .
That episode's on youtube... or it was. If I find it again, I'll let you know.
I like the analyzing aspect.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

Oh boy I don't think I've ever watched one episode of any show so many times, or should I say one scene! Comrades In Arms was an episode so many fans were waiting for, it wasn't just a kiss that Hawkeye was giving her, it was so much mnore!

Can I please be added?
Old 01-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheersgifoltc (View Post)
That episode's on youtube... or it was. If I find it again, I'll let you know.
I like the analyzing aspect.
No need to look it up for me. I have all the seasons on DVD. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

So do I! All my HM needs are right here at home!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Has the HM love gone away?
Old 01-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Extreme Fan

For me? No.
The others? I hope not.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, these 2 were just so great together.