Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Angel was a man in the Buffy series considering Buffy made him a man like she did with Spike. Angel just expanded in his series if you'd were to get technical. I get offended by people who say that Angel was never a man in the Buffy series, when he was. Buffy put both Angel and Spike on the path of doing good.

Anyways this is the Fangel thread, so let's keep it at that.

Their relationship transcends everything.
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Okay, your Bangel heart can believe that but I don't.
Where was that Angel good heart when he was going to let Buffy die from the Master if Xander didn't come in? Where was that do good Angel when he would have drained Faith just because Buffy asked him to.

He started saving souls when he went to LA, and the Powers of Be sent Doyle to Angel and Doyle was the one to tell Angel to move on and actually do something besides brood.... but you can try to rewrite stuff to fit the narrative.

I guess my memory is erased and season 1-3 of BTVS, Angel was over there saving the world. My memory is bad these days so ya know.

Back to Fangel, I love that scene. lol
Chemistry between them was amazing!
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I liked their scenes in Orpheus.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

They were nice. I liked Faith's interactions with Angelus and Angel. Angel(us) does have a thing for slayers. When Angel looses his soul, he becomes obsessed with slayers.

I am a Bangel, Spuffy, and Fangel shipper and still say that Angel was a man in Buffy. He just expanded in his spin off series. Buffy made him into a man that put him on his mission. If he hadn't met Buffy, he would be helpless. Buffy made him more of a man than he was as Liam. Angel did help out the Scoobies. Willow and Angel have a great friendship. Giles would be okay with Angel if he'd hadn't killed Jenny Calendar, but that is partially her fault considering she didn't give the Scoobies the heads up. Also Giles was tortured in a chair by Angelus, Drusilla, and Spike. With Xander, there was just petty jealousy between the two. Oz and Angel got along. Cordelia was very rude to Buffy in the past, but all of a sudden had a friendship with Angel out of the ozone. Cordelia wanted to have nothing to do with Angel after being turned down for Buffy and when Angel lost his **** as Angelus. She only tolerated Angel for Xander's sake when she was dating Xander. Xander was one of Buffy's best friends. So it's the truth that Angel was a man in Buffy's show considering she inspired him to do good; to be a man, just like she did with Spike(except he came across as a creep in BTVS Season 5 and tried to fake his death in AtS Season 5).

Because of Buffy, Angel was able to counsel Faith.

Last edited by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆; 03-03-2019 at 10:49 PM
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ If he didn't meet Doyle he wouldn't have went on the mission, or did you forget that to and just replaced Angel's entire history with only Bangel?

Being enemies turned into friends is called GROWTH! I am not a Angel/Cordy shipper but their relationship is called growth. You can't compare how a relationship on the Buffy series was on the Angel series. Angel/Cordy friendship grew out of their love for Doyle. At first it was a trio friendship of Angel/Cordy/Doyle and than overtime, it became Angel/Cordy who became closer each season. That's not out of character, it's called character and couple growth.

That's my issue Marry, you are just pretending ONLY THE BUFFY series existed. And that's not true. You cannot erase everything that happened in the Angel series just to fit into a Bangel narrative even if I have the facts to show me differently.

After Buffy died in season 5, you know what hurt Angel??? Was that he can actually MOVE ON!!! Angel always assumed that if Buffy died, he would fall apart and not move on but he actually did want to keep fighting and save the world and he felt guilty for that but Cordy told Angel he was honoring Buffy's memory by doing that. Angel was able to move on because he finally had friends for the first time of his life in Cordy, Wes, Gunn and Fred. Those were the days where there was no Buffy.

Someone can be the first love of your life but that doesn't mean you can't move on.

Your post actually makes me seem more right... the reason why Angel ONLY had a relationship with Buffy on the Buffy series was because that was all the writers cared about. ANgel didn't have any other interactions with the Scobbies. I felt after Buffy, he probably was closest to Willow from the little interaction they shared but he didn't share much scenes with everyone.

You are literally pretending that Angel was nothing, he fell in love with Buffy and fell into a depression and fraught because of Buffy, and none of that is true.

You can ship Bangel, but you can't rewrite the whole series just because you didn't approve of something.

And when it comes to Faith/Angel, Angel and Faith became close because Buffy was NOT in the picture... why are you keep erasing what happened between Buffy, Faith and Angel in "Graduation"???? You haven't mentioned it at all... Buffy was going to kill Faith and deliver Faith to Angel and Angel was going to happily drain Faith of her blood.

On the Angel series, he never would've done that but I'm waiting to see how you spin this into a "epic Buffy/Angel love discussion"

[/FONT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I liked their scenes in Orpheus.

Their scenes were terrific.
One of my favorite episodes of them! We got the best of 2 worlds, Fangel and Fangelus.
Old 04-29-2023, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The days when I was strongly shipping them. I was always on this thread. The memories.
Old 04-29-2023, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ (View Post)
Cordelia was very rude to Buffy in the past, but all of a sudden had a friendship with Angel out of the ozone. Cordelia wanted to have nothing to do with Angel after being turned down for Buffy and when Angel lost his **** as Angelus. She only tolerated Angel for Xander's sake when she was dating Xander.
Yikes...

I think we've identified the perfect post to sum up how BA fans keep their heads firmly in the sand where Angel is concerned and give no accounting for how the spin-off was a totally different show for both him AND Cordelia.

You see flashbacks of Angelus' past that you never saw on BTVS. You see Angel and Darla's history revised in a serious way in contrast to how BTVS basically made fun of their sire relationship in its first season.

Cordelia/Angel in BTVS has nothing whatsoever to do with them in the spin-off, and I shouldn't even need to address the ways in which they both matured as characters beyond the high school years. Trying to undermine what they share just because you're upset that he loved a woman who wasn't Buffy is NOT fair.

Same goes for Faith. The Faith we see in 3 episodes of ANGEL SEASON 4 is not the same Faith as she was in BTVS season 3. She's not arguing with Angel anymore because she respects and loves him for what he's done for her and how he inspired her to change & reflect on her life. She turned herself into the police because of the positive effect Angel had on her.

This is the same Faith who shot a poison arrow at Angel in the high school years. This is more proof that you shouldn't judge Faith, Cordelia or Angel by how they started on BTVS. Where they end up in the spin-off is 10x more important.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 05:34 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

It's just the characters growing up, maturing, and evolving. Both shows are obviously in the same universe, so everyone's pasts and present are still intertwined and connected on both shows. I always loved Faith's journey on Angel. I'm glad she wanted to change, turned herself in, and kept herself in prison when she could of broken out any time she wanted to. Helped Angel when he lost his soul then went to Sunnydale to help everyone with The First. I still love the storyline of a rogue slayer joining the enemy in S3, but I'm glad she didn't stay that way and she reformed and redeemed herself. It was great to see her continuing to atone for her sins and do the right thing.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Thought I'd post some pretty in here

https://starryeyesxx.tumblr.com/post...cs-angel-faith
Old 04-12-2024, 04:40 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Man, I've missed your Buffy gifsets! I'm glad Angel helped Faith, it was great character growth for her.
Reply   Post New Thread