Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Really, he didn't. Ross always thought his feelings were the most important

I've been rewatching Friends over Christmas, & even though I'm only on s6, Ross is actually a lot worse than I remember him being
Old 01-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Really, he didn't. Ross always thought his feelings were the most important

I've been rewatching Friends over Christmas, & even though I'm only on s6, Ross is actually a lot worse than I remember him being
Oh, I know what you mean. I watched the one where Rachel found out about Mondler, it was a New Years episode. Well, Ross got leather pants and I had to fast forward, for someone with a PHD, he was so stupid. No offense, but between his antics and that hair (could it be higher?), I just can not.

I love Joey and I am glad he thought about Ross. It's what makes Joey special, he is always thinking about others first. Never change Joey!
Old 01-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't just mean that, but how he treated Rachel was worse than I remembered. Plus, it really bugged me after he cheated and he said 'you know how out of my mind I must have been to do something like this, I don't cheat, I'm not Joey'

Ross slept with someone else after he walked out of a fight with Rachel & refused to take responsibility, he also cheated on Julie & Bonnie & probably others too that I can't think of right now.

Not to mention other gross things he did like kiss one of his best friend's mom & try to hook up with his cousin.

He really doesn't have the right to paint himself as better than anyone else especially Joey.

But we're really getting off track now...
Old 01-02-2019, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't just mean that, but how he treated Rachel was worse than I remembered. Plus, it really bugged me after he cheated and he said 'you know how out of my mind I must have been to do something like this, I don't cheat, I'm not Joey'

Ross slept with someone else after he walked out of a fight with Rachel & refused to take responsibility, he also cheated on Julie & Bonnie & probably others too that I can't think of right now.

Not to mention other gross things he did like kiss one of his best friend's mom & try to hook up with his cousin.

He really doesn't have the right to paint himself as better than anyone else especially Joey.

But we're really getting off track now...
I hear ya...if you wanna PM me, we can chat about it further.

I think we can all agree that Joey is the best friend, out of all the friends. He has such a big heart.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think I've got it out of my system now, but if I notice more things as I rewatch, I'll definitely pm you about it

& Joey does have the biggest heart, & he's always put his friends & those he cares about first
Old 01-03-2019, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Just to add to the Joey/Ross comparisons, I'd say that any time Joey fell for somebody, he focused on that person and nobody else.

First Kate, then Rachel.

I don't count Kathy, because I don't think he really wanted her - he just felt awkward that she wanted Chandler more.

The way that Ross dropped Julie and Bonnie at the smallest hint of reuniting with Rachel was very disappointing. He clearly liked them both a lot, yet the writers didn't know how to handle R/R without throwing some level of cheating into it.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-03-2019, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't count Kathy either, yeah they dated, but Joey said it wasn't exclusive. Plus, when it all fell apart he wasn't upset that Kathy 'cheated' on him, he was upset that Chandler, his best friend, had kissed his girlfriend & he knows that that's something he would have never done to Chandler.

& I agree, but it was Ross who cheated - Rachel was never with someone else & then cheated with Ross. I think it's shows that he's just more that kind of person than I think that most people would like to ignore.

Also, I forgot to add that Ross kissed Charlie pretty much the moment he found out that she & Joey had broken up, whereas Ross & Rachel had been broken up for years & Joey still didn't feel like he could be with her.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I always hated how the writers made Ross develop strong feelings for women other than Rachel, and then trivialized it by having him screw up for no real reason.

- Julie - "She's not Rachel" (how is this a fair thing to say? )
- Bonnie - The poor girl's head was shaved because of Rachel. Need I say more?
- Emily - Rachel showed up at the wedding then suddenly, Ross is accidentally saying her name. I felt awful for Emily, unlike most of the fandom
- Mona - Someone who accepted him as a single father and a great guy, then suddenly Ross made all these promises to her then started letting her down, such as letting Rachel move in and not telling Mona. Dumb things like that.
- Charlie - speaks for itself. Even before the Greg Kinnear thing that split them up, Ross already messed up by getting drunk as he found out about Joey and Rachel together.

Joey and Rachel were just a nice, calm, refreshing couple. Take away the awful 10x03 writing, and they had no problems trying to have a functional relationship. They understood each other the most and just had a lot of fun together.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

OMG, I completely forgot about the Emily thing! I think that's such an awful thing to do, then he thinks it would be a good idea to actually invite Rachel on their honeymoon - I can't imagine how crushed Emily was, I don't think anyone could go through something like that without picking up some pretty deep scars.

& then Ross made himself the victim all season...

He was a terrible boyfriend to Mona & Charlie too, don't know how either of them stayed with him for as long as they did.

Joey & Rachel really were such a refreshing couple on the show, no internal drama, but they weren't boring, they were fun & light, but touching at the same time
Old 01-03-2019, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It just amazes me how people claim that a lot of us are unfair on Ross. Well, actually, if you analyze his behavior when it comes to Rachel, I don't think we're too harsh at all.

See, the reason I always preferred Joey with Rachel is because he got to know her first. I don't mind Ross admiring her ~from afar~ but think about that episode where he writes "The List" and one of his confessions about Rachel is that "she's just a waitress." That's probably the most demeaning thing he ever could have said, and we all know Joey would never have stooped so low.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think we are unfair to him either, like I said, I've been rewatching lately & I'm noticing all these things about him that I hadn't before, & he's even worse than I remembered

'Just a waitress' is such a condescending thing to say, but even when she got her job at Bloomingdales, he belittled it & her interest in fashion in general. He was never proud of her when it came to how much she achieved & it makes you wonder if he ever really thought about her at all as anything other than his high school fantasy

Joey definitely wouldn't have ever said anything like that, Rachel was pretty much a rock star in his eyes
Old 01-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think we are unfair to him either, like I said, I've been rewatching lately & I'm noticing all these things about him that I hadn't before, & he's even worse than I remembered

'Just a waitress' is such a condescending thing to say, but even when she got her job at Bloomingdales, he belittled it & her interest in fashion in general. He was never proud of her when it came to how much she achieved & it makes you wonder if he ever really thought about her at all as anything other than his high school fantasy

Joey definitely wouldn't have ever said anything like that, Rachel was pretty much a rock star in his eyes
I agree....remember when he made a list about Rachel? "She made me switch to light mayo." Haha.......that's all he could think of. And even that, didn't bother him.

I also agree with all that was said. Especially Ross and how he treated Rachel, when she began to have professional success, did he support her, was he proud of her? Not so much. It was all, why don't you spend time with me?

Oh and that Emily thing, bugged me to no end. I actually liked Ross with Emily, until the writers had to turn it back to RR. Rachel going to stop the wedding, Ross saying Rachel, inviting her on the honeymoon.... I didn't like any of it. I love Rachel, but she was wrong. Ross was wrong in so many ways. I also completely, 100% agree with Emily, when she wanted to work it out, only if he stopped hanging out with his ex girlfriend, who he mentioned during their wedding. And yet, she is made out to be the bad guy. Nope, sorry, sell that to someone else!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Oh wow. I have quite a bit to catch up on in here.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
Oh wow. I have quite a bit to catch up on in here.
That you do my friend!

Old 01-04-2019, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
I agree....remember when he made a list about Rachel? "She made me switch to light mayo." Haha.......that's all he could think of. And even that, didn't bother him.

I also agree with all that was said. Especially Ross and how he treated Rachel, when she began to have professional success, did he support her, was he proud of her? Not so much. It was all, why don't you spend time with me?

Oh and that Emily thing, bugged me to no end. I actually liked Ross with Emily, until the writers had to turn it back to RR. Rachel going to stop the wedding, Ross saying Rachel, inviting her on the honeymoon.... I didn't like any of it. I love Rachel, but she was wrong. Ross was wrong in so many ways. I also completely, 100% agree with Emily, when she wanted to work it out, only if he stopped hanging out with his ex girlfriend, who he mentioned during their wedding. And yet, she is made out to be the bad guy. Nope, sorry, sell that to someone else!
And he fits better and it tastes good! And that's it, that's all he got My poor Joey deserved better

Lots of good points made^^

Awwwwwwwww
Closed Thread   Post New Thread