Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2018, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I agree with you Sophie, I think the writers wanted to find any excuse so that people would root for RR reunion and not blame Ross for coming in between them

Too bad that they chose the least believable thing ever. Joey and Rachel suddenly can't be physically intimate? Arguably the two most sexually charged people in the cast who have been lusting for each other for ages? WHATEVER

Kat, the funny thing is that Joey concluded that Mondler "mustn't have been as good friends as them." ...Um, WHAT? Monica had known Chandler for a lot longer than Rachel knew Joey. Ugh, the writing
I agree, the writing! Ugh.... Monica and Chandler were extremely close. Go back and watch. They kept each other’s secrets, spent a lot of time together, stood next to each other and Monica would grab Chandler’s arm, and even sat in the same chair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
^ But we all know it was Ross that was the reason JR didn't work out so.... still blaming him. Or the writers. One of the two.
Blame Ross, I’m okay with that.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-14-2018, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

These two will forever deserve much better, romantically. Friendship wise they were written so well!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I honestly have never seen the break up episode fully.... if really at all. I haven't really watched the final season past episode 2 from what I remember.

Well I relate since it's the season I watched least. I just didn't care for the season at all. Only re-watched the first 3 episodes a lot of times.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Maybe one day I'll watch it. But today is not that day.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
These two will forever deserve much better, romantically. Friendship wise they were written so well!
Agreed. The sad thing is that after they broke up, the writers focused a lot less on J/R and it became the Ross/Rachel show again in the second half.

I could accept that, if it wasn't for the fact that they make a big deal about working in Paris being Rachel's DREAM JOB, but suddenly she gives it up when Ross says he loves her.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Ugh. I always get mad when I remember they made her get off the plane. The series was supposed to be about her going from daddy's girl and daddy's money to Rachel's self and Rachel's money, but that was all ruined with that finale moment.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 12-16-2018, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

The way the show swerved back to R/R was just awful, it was so obvious & was cringey to watch because like... they hadn't been together for 7 years. Supposedly it was 'never off the table', & if they loved each other so much then why weren't they together? There was literally nothing stopping them. He only went after her when he knew that she was moving on with her whole life & it was gonna be for the better
Old 12-16-2018, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I don't get it either, Sophie You can tell the lack of thought that was put into Season 10 just by how quickly and awkwardly they broke up Joey and Rachel.

Quote:
Ugh. I always get mad when I remember they made her get off the plane. The series was supposed to be about her going from daddy's girl and daddy's money to Rachel's self and Rachel's money, but that was all ruined with that finale moment.
Exactly How many times did Rachel tell the group that working in her Paris was her ultimate dream?

That job was her dream job, she said so herself. I don't understand why Ross couldn't have had a long-distance relationship with her, if that's what it took.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-16-2018, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't get it either, Sophie You can tell the lack of thought that was put into Season 10 just by how quickly and awkwardly they broke up Joey and Rachel.

Exactly How many times did Rachel tell the group that working in her Paris was her ultimate dream?

That job was her dream job, she said so herself. I don't understand why Ross couldn't have had a long-distance relationship with her, if that's what it took.
He could have also moved to Paris. I know, parish the thought, but seriously once again, a woman gives up her dreams for a man. Oh, and I say that as someone who rarely says that or notices such things. But come on, Ross wants what he wants but rarely asks what someone else wants. In relationships as well as in friendships.

So, on a more light hearted thought. What do you think Rach and Joey would give each other for Christmas?

I also think that Rachel's dad would have disliked Joey at first but it wouldn't take long for him to warm to Joey.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
So, on a more light hearted thought. What do you think Rach and Joey would give each other for Christmas?

Tequila, it is!

Quote:
I also think that Rachel's dad would have disliked Joey at first but it wouldn't take long for him to warm to Joey.
I don't think he would have lectured him like he lectured Ross I feel as if that was a personal attack and something tells me he'd be less grumpy with Joey.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I can picture them having a very tequila Christmas!

I think they'd be relatively low key though - that is until Monica comes in & decorates for them
Old 12-16-2018, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Tequila, it is!

I don't think he would have lectured him like he lectured Ross I feel as if that was a personal attack and something tells me he'd be less grumpy with Joey.
Haha, I love it. That is one of my favorite Joey and Rach moments. It also showcases why they are awesome. They have fun with each other and really enjoy spending time together. That is why they will always be superior.

You are probably right, he would be less grumpy and love Joe.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

ITA, they just bring out the best each other & can have so much fun doing the simplest things, they just fit & find so much happiness with each other & they never even realized that
Old 12-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It's really interesting to think about the contrast in tone of J/R in Season 7 compared to Season 8.

Season 7 is when they're chilling as new roomies and having fun

Season 8 is the maturity point where Joey cares for his pregnant friend who he's secretly fallen in love with
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread