Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Absolutely

Old 07-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Thank you for the welcome! Friends is my #1, all-time favorite show and my OTP on the show is Mondler, but I love Mike/Phoebe and while I like Ross/Rachel at times i really love Rachel/Joey.

The way rachel/joey grew throughout the seasons, becoming closer especially after being roommates, is wonderful to watch. IMO, by the last few seasons of the show Rachel was far more compatible with Joey and he was the better guy/choice for her.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, as the show progressed, they made more & more sense & I think they deserved a better shot at a relationships towards the end of the series, but oh well

At least their journey was pretty perfect & they always had a great friendship
Old 07-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniAnneBoleynx8 (View Post)
Thank you for the welcome! Friends is my #1, all-time favorite show and my OTP on the show is Mondler, but I love Mike/Phoebe and while I like Ross/Rachel at times i really love Rachel/Joey.

The way rachel/joey grew throughout the seasons, becoming closer especially after being roommates, is wonderful to watch. IMO, by the last few seasons of the show Rachel was far more compatible with Joey and he was the better guy/choice for her.

Friends is one of my favorite television shows of all-time.. probably my favorite Sitcom of all-time though... and I totally agree with you shipping choices. I liked Ross/Rachel through times, especially in the beginning of the series, I love Mondler so much. Mike/Phoebe were definitely my favorite relationship for Phoebe! happy they ended up together.

It was wonderful to watch, and agreed and nothing will really convince me otherwise. lol I think they were more compatible for each other, their personalities just messed well, their communication and Joey falling in love with Rachel was just beautiful. It's the first person he's ever loved.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was my fave arc of the entire series
Old 07-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Joey falling in love with Rachel?
Old 07-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yep, I always loved the show & was so invested in Monica/Chandler, that I cried when they got engaged, but when they had that 'terrified' scene, I really feel like they had stepped up a level. It had an emotional maturity that the show had dealt with before, but the fact that one main character had fallen for another that in a lot of the fandom's eyes was officially 'spoken for' & taken that risk was a really bold move imo.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yep, I always loved the show & was so invested in Monica/Chandler, that I cried when they got engaged, but when they had that 'terrified' scene, I really feel like they had stepped up a level. It had an emotional maturity that the show had dealt with before, but the fact that one main character had fallen for another that in a lot of the fandom's eyes was officially 'spoken for' & taken that risk was a really bold move imo.

I agree with you, Joey was always really a player.... there's not a woman he really wanted to settle down with forever, Rachel was the one he really fell in love with and they already build-ed a foundation by being roommates and great friends, and just how supportive they were to each other.

It was a bold move, and I thought it worked although so many people were for R/R.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too, obviously online fandom is different so it doesn't really show what most fans thought, & pretty much everyone I know watches Friends & it really didn't bother them when the writers explored J/R.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought it was written perfectly and Joey was written great during it, so I don't see why it would upset most people. Especially because of how long RR was broken up by that point, like I love when Ross had that conversation with Joey and really realized how long he was split up for Rachel... although I felt all those early moments during Season 10 was so pointless because Joey/Rachel broke up very quickly.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I can understand why, it's like the writers put all this effort into getting them together & then when they were finally there thought 'ok, we've got them together, now let's break them up'

& it had been a really long time since R/R had been together, & she had had other relationships that he hadn't been jealous of, so him suddenly freaking out over Joey seemed a bit strange to me. But he dealt with it in the end
Old 07-31-2014, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I can understand why, it's like the writers put all this effort into getting them together & then when they were finally there thought 'ok, we've got them together, now let's break them up'

& it had been a really long time since R/R had been together, & she had had other relationships that he hadn't been jealous of, so him suddenly freaking out over Joey seemed a bit strange to me. But he dealt with it in the end

Agreed. What's the point of all the waiting and effort if they were just going to break up like that.

If they wanted RR as endgame, they should've build it up all Season 10, not wait till the last few episodes.
Now I sorta of disagree, I remember Ross freaking out when she was pregnant and going out in a date with a soap opera and Joey was telling him he needs to stop, he hasn't been out with Rachel in years. Then it was the message he hide from Rachel and then their was Rachel's boss... or whoever he was during Season 9... he saw them kiss and he was sad.

So the jealousy thing has always been very realistic with Ross, that's what broke them up in the first place.

I thought that stayed true to Ross character especially finding out Joey was in love with Rachel, I can see why he'd be surprised but in the end Ross accepted the relationships, and knew there's no one he'd rather be with Rachel.

I definitely thought things were moving up for Joey and Rachel after that...
Old 08-01-2014, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That's true about Ross being jealous before, maybe I was thinking about before she was pregnant, after s4 he didn't get jealous for a while. It's understandable that things changed when Rachel was carrying his child, anyone that she went out with wouldn't just be her boyfriend, but would be in his baby's life too

But having him give J/R his 'blessing', so to speak, did make it seem like they'd be moving J/R forward
Old 08-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I 100% agree, all that development for it to just end in the next episode was just horrible writing. I mean they did know it was the last season before that episode so what's the point of Ross giving his blessing if they were just going to end it with R/R... I didn't get that.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me either, I guess they felt that they just couldn't drop it straight away, & I also think that they didn't want Ross to be the reason that J/R break up. I don't know if that's because they didn't want Ross to seem like the bad guy & if they did break up for his sake then I think the Joey/Ross friendship would have had to be tense for a while & I can understand why the writers wanted to avoid it. They never really liked to have any of the friends have conflict for too long.