Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2018, 02:40 PM
  #16
Fan Forum Legend

 
could never leave you's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 286,115
Forever a mystery.
__________________
could never leave you is offline  
Old 02-02-2018, 02:57 PM
  #17
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 104,105
I'd love to get an explanation someday...
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 02-02-2018, 03:20 PM
  #18
you are my world

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 404,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Me too, especially after all the time it took to actually get the characters to a point where they were dating, it doesn't make sense to me
Same for me... I guess all for Ross/Rachel can get their ending since it was the last season... I think there wouldn't have been any REALISTIC way to break Joey and Rachel up if they were together a long time...
__________________
@tylerhoechlin Superman and his better half, Miss Lois Lane. @BitsieTulloch WE HAVE FUN!
[C&L | LEGENDS ONLY ]

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 02-02-2018, 03:24 PM
  #19
Master Fan

 
KatB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Same for me... I guess all for Ross/Rachel can get their ending since it was the last season... I think there wouldn't have been any REALISTIC way to break Joey and Rachel up if they were together a long time...
I was going to say the same thing. Basically they were so obsessed with Ross and Rachel. Even the actors did not want Joey and Rachel. I think after years of people obsessing about RR, none of them could see clearly, why they don't work and bring out the worst in each other. Opposite of JR.

PS, has anyone read a really good JR fanfic?
KatB is online now  
Old 02-02-2018, 03:32 PM
  #20
you are my world

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 404,216
Yup, they didn't have the actors by their side and the obsession with RR was there so I guess Joey/Rachel really didn't have much of a chance of being endgame.

And no I haven't really ever read any Friends fics in general.
__________________
@tylerhoechlin Superman and his better half, Miss Lois Lane. @BitsieTulloch WE HAVE FUN!
[C&L | LEGENDS ONLY ]

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 02-02-2018, 03:49 PM
  #21
Master Fan

 
KatB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Yup, they didn't have the actors by their side and the obsession with RR was there so I guess Joey/Rachel really didn't have much of a chance of being endgame.

And no I haven't really ever read any Friends fics in general.
I haven't in a while. I remember reading one years ago. Just a general fic and it was so funny and really in the tone and voice of the show.

Yeah, it bums me out. I think if Friends were on today, it may have had a different ending. I think people would have liked JR and people and the Media wouldn't have been so obsessed. Plus, today the writers can just go online and see what people are thinking about what they are seeing. I don't know that the writers knew that some of us liked JR.
KatB is online now  
Old 02-02-2018, 04:24 PM
  #22
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 104,105
I agree, Joey/Rachel would be way popular nowadays. The funny thing is, Ross & Rachel really weren't the couple of the show anymore, it had been Monica & Chandler since the beginning of s5. The show had proven they didn't need R/R but they still fell back on it in the end even though the show & it's characters had outgrown that storyline years ago

Do you know what the fic was? I'm intrigued that you say it had the tone of the show. I think I've never read any Friends fic because of that reason, that it would just feel too different to the show
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 02-02-2018, 05:10 PM
  #23
Master Fan

 
KatB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I agree, Joey/Rachel would be way popular nowadays. The funny thing is, Ross & Rachel really weren't the couple of the show anymore, it had been Monica & Chandler since the beginning of s5. The show had proven they didn't need R/R but they still fell back on it in the end even though the show & it's characters had outgrown that storyline years ago

Do you know what the fic was? I'm intrigued that you say it had the tone of the show. I think I've never read any Friends fic because of that reason, that it would just feel too different to the show
I wish I did, honestly. I think I read it back in '98 or '99. But it read like a lost episode. That's what I loved about that. That's what I try to put into my writing. I write New Girl fanfics and I work hard to make it seem like the show. As much as I like fanfics and some really good stories, few get the tone and feel, just right.

I totally agree. But Mondler, for me started a lot earlier. It was more like it'a about time, when I saw the London episode. I tend to watch 5-10, a lot more. RR was a crutch, that they really didn't need. Btw, did you see the where are they now thing, that I posted on the last thread? We had some fun at work, one day.
KatB is online now  
Old 02-02-2018, 05:55 PM
  #24
Fan Forum Legend

 
could never leave you's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 286,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Yeah, it bums me out. I think if Friends were on today, it may have had a different ending. I think people would have liked JR and people and the Media wouldn't have been so obsessed. Plus, today the writers can just go online and see what people are thinking about what they are seeing. I don't know that the writers knew that some of us liked JR.
I agree. Which is why I don't think they ever want to bring Friends back.... because they know from Twitter and such that RR isn't as popular as they were back then because more people have better views these days.
__________________
could never leave you is offline  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:05 AM
  #25
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 104,105
Yeah, in fact I think a lot of people resent when they show focuses too much on R/R. I know I do, like how the finale was pretty much all about them getting back together, the other four characters - especially Joey & Phoebe, deserved so much more.

The obvious storyline for a movie would be the R/R wedding, which would just be the same problem again & I think it would turn a lot of people off...although, a Friends movie, no matter what storyline, would be successful imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)
Btw, did you see the where are they now thing, that I posted on the last thread? We had some fun at work, one day.
I did, I'm pretty sure I commented on it
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:13 AM
  #26
Master Fan

 
KatB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, in fact I think a lot of people resent when they show focuses too much on R/R. I know I do, like how the finale was pretty much all about them getting back together, the other four characters - especially Joey & Phoebe, deserved so much more.

The obvious storyline for a movie would be the R/R wedding, which would just be the same problem again & I think it would turn a lot of people off...although, a Friends movie, no matter what storyline, would be successful imo.



I did, I'm pretty sure I commented on it
It's possible, I forget.

I agree, the finale for me was all about Mondler. So I can watch it in about 20 Minutes. Did she get off the plane, I got off the plane, whatever! I agree about Joey and Phoebe, Joey did have a couple great moments with Chandler, but Phoebe was only there to prop up a very weak RR plot. I agree the movie would be successful but I am okay if it doesn't happen. I can't take another RR story, but I would have to watch it.
KatB is online now  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:17 AM
  #27
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 104,105
Me either, that's why I don't really want a friends movie if that's how it was gonna go

I find the finale a huge letdown. I do like Monica & Chandler getting the twins, but that should have been the A-plot imo. I guess Phoebe kinda got something in that it seemed like she & Mike had decided to have kids, but it could have been a much bigger moment - maybe they could have revealed that she was already pregnant or something

& Joey got his goodbye to Chandler, but that was it. For me, he was the character most underused in the finale, they could at least have set up a storyline about him moving to L.A. or that he got a big acting job or something
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:46 AM
  #28
Master Fan

 
KatB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Me either, that's why I don't really want a friends movie if that's how it was gonna go

I find the finale a huge letdown. I do like Monica & Chandler getting the twins, but that should have been the A-plot imo. I guess Phoebe kinda got something in that it seemed like she & Mike had decided to have kids, but it could have been a much bigger moment - maybe they could have revealed that she was already pregnant or something

Joey got his goodbye to Chandler, but that was it. For me, he was the character most underused in the finale, they could at least have set up a story line about him moving to L.A. or that he got a big acting job or something
I guess I don't notice the lack of Joey as much, because I fast forward past all the RR stuff, so that includes Phoebe. I did like Phoebe and Mike's scene. I do agree, Joey could have gotten a better story line.

By the way, was anyone else disappointed, that we didn't get to hear Joey and Rach's goodbye on the balcony?
KatB is online now  
Old 02-03-2018, 09:54 AM
  #29
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 104,105
I was kinda disappointed, but at the same time I'm happy that we get to imagine it as whatever we want...
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 02-03-2018, 10:09 AM
  #30
Master Fan

 
KatB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 16,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I was kinda disappointed, but at the same time I'm happy that we get to imagine it as whatever we want...
Kinda like how we imagine our cobra's got together, when he moved back from Ca and She broke up with Ross for good?

You know, I like this game.
KatB is online now  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST