Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Christian/Satine (Moulin Rouge)- "How wonderful life is now you're in the world!"

Welcome to the Christian & Satine Appreciation Thread

Shippers
Lazy
AutumnColorsღ
maybebee
moonlightstar
Stay Strongღ
take the wheel
Soeshie20
Carolina95
BleedingBlue

Laura|

Last edited by BleedingBlue; 03-23-2016 at 12:59 PM
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

was there not already a thread for them??? wow!

my favorite scene with them was the "Will the Lovers be meeting at the sitar players humble abode?" scene. That whole movie was great!!! Favorite Movie!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Extreme Fan

i have seen this movie 15867930247239846 times, but everytime it gets to the "roxanne" scene and christian is belting, "why does my heart cry" i always tear up

my fav scene was definatley the "come what may" scene, gorgeous

Duke: Why would the courtesan go for the penniless sitar player over the maharaja, who is offering a lifetime of security-that's real love. Once the sitar player has satisfied his lust he will leave the courtesan with nothing. I suggest that in the end the courtesan chooses the maharaja.
Tulouse: B-but sorry! Sorry, but the ending does not uphold the Bohemian ideals of truth, beauty, freedom- Duke: I don't care about your ridiculous dogma! Why shouldn't the courtesan choose the maharaja? Christian: Because she doesn't love you! H-him. H-him, she doesn't love h-- she doesn't love him.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:03 AM
Master Fan

a couple that has earned a place on the banner of this board doesn't deserve to be on page eight.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww.

Their ending was too sad.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

The Elephant Love Medley scene is one of my favorite scenes from ANY movie. But anytime Ewan sings, I'm a happy girl.
palegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Maxi*
a couple that has earned a place on the banner of this board doesn't deserve to be on page eight.
Absolutely! Thanks Maxi

Their lovestory was so beautiful

Here's a question: Do you think Christian was able to move on after Satine's death and fall in love with someone else or was Satine the true love of his life?

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think he was able to love again. He seems like the kind of guy that has a lot of love to give, but I do think that part of his heart will always remain with Satine.

Icons

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Absolute Fan

What a fantastic couple. The Elephant Love Medley was great, but my favorite scene is towards the end when he storms into the performance, gets his way onstage and angrily throws his money at her ("Thank you for curing me of my ridiculous obsession with love!") but then as he walks away, Satine starts singing and calling him back to her, so to speak. The hopeful, joyful look on his face as he walks back to the stage singing is so hearwrenching. I tear up every time.
ChiltonYale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

This is one of my favorite movies! I just love it when he sings "Your Song" to her. And I also really love the Elephant Love Melody. And I also love it when she says "You're going to be bad for business, I can tell" hee hee!
wiccagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Bumping this Thread UP

Angie
Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Max/Liz, Brian/Justin, Charlie/Claire, Nancy/Hartigan, Wolverine/Rogue, Erik/Christine, Jack/Elizabeth, Mason/George, Mal/Kaylee Chiana/John, Peter/Claire, Daniel/Betty, Doctor/Rose, Bill/Sookie, Riddick/Jack, House/Cameron, Belle/Rumpelstiltskin
ANGELforBUFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

I'm listening to the elephant love medley this moment, I love that scene and also the come what may scene in the end... This movie is amazing!
-Boukje- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

I love these two. They get to me every single time I watch the movie!
Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Today I was watching the movie. It's such a beautiful and great movie. The end is soooo sad . Come what may it's an amazing song and I love that moment in the movie.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl
Today I was watching the movie. It's such a beautiful and great movie. The end is soooo sad . Come what may it's an amazing song and I love that moment in the movie.
Do what I do..Turn OFF the movie right when the curtain falls

Great ending

Angie
Buffy/Angel, Pacey/Joey, Max/Liz, Brian/Justin, Charlie/Claire, Nancy/Hartigan, Wolverine/Rogue, Erik/Christine, Jack/Elizabeth, Mason/George, Mal/Kaylee Chiana/John, Peter/Claire, Daniel/Betty, Doctor/Rose, Bill/Sookie, Riddick/Jack, House/Cameron, Belle/Rumpelstiltskin
ANGELforBUFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread