Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2015, 12:04 AM
New Fan

Thank you!

Okay, thoughts on "Clarity" - I was trying not to have high expectations for this episode, but I did anyway, and I ended up being really satisfied! I really liked Stevie defending Jack - I think it makes sense and she made good points. I love the scene where Jack tells Ben's brother that Emily likes her steak rare while he looks at her and smiles. It was Jack's way of saying, "I know her better than Ben ever will." Also, we got a ton of hints for what's (hopefully) to come. For example, Jack saying, "I've got to think about Carl and you. I'm not doing anything to put the people that I love in jeopardy." and then Emily saying, "There's one secret that I kept, and it has caused the ones I love more than I ever wanted." It felt like a slight parallel to me, mirroring their feelings for the other.

Of course, I was very happy to see that Emily coming out as Amanda was legitimate and not just teased in a promo. Her looking to Jack for reassurance and him being her rock was so great to see, because it's even more obvious that he's the only person who's always, always been there for her, even if it puts him in a tough position. I'm so glad that Jack was the only one to be there for pretty much the biggest reveal of the series, because it's significant and it was obviously written for a purpose. In general, I think this episode really started to pave the way for a satisfying Jack/Emily endgame. Or at least, I desperately hope so. I mean, Ben's face really said it all - he sees what they are to one another and I think he's started to see that he can't compete with that. I really don't see how future episodes can go any other way than them breaking up, unless they want to string this genuinely useless relationship out.

One of the biggest things for me is that Emily has shred the Emily Thorne persona now. She has to be Amanda Clarke, and considering that Jack is so closely tied to that part of her identity, it seems very likely that that's another aspect that will lead her to him. And lastly, that hand holding scene. Man, I was fangirling hard. I love how happy she looks when she says, "you came." They looked like such a couple. Also, am I the only one that thought, "I'm ready. Are you?" wasn't just about her revealing her identity? I felt like it was also about their relationship in a way.

I definitely need to see Emily breaking up with Ben, though. Not the other way around. I want Emily to make a choice and make it obvious that it's always been Jack. Because Jack's face when he says, "she knows. I'm past that." was really, really sad, and I just want her to tell him that she feels the same way.

Kudos to Ben's brother for immediately knowing that Jack and Emily have a connection, though. It kind of makes it funnier that Ben's been blind enough to not realize that.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 03-31-2015, 12:11 AM
New Fan

Spoiler:

Oh, and to touch on the subject of NW's arms, they're killer. I could not help noticing them the entire time. And he definitely gets hotter every season.

EDIT: And thank you for posting my gifs! I had to make them, that scene was too cute.

Last edited by muchmoxie; 03-31-2015 at 12:21 AM
Old 03-31-2015, 01:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchmoxie (View Post)
Also, am I the only one that thought, "I'm ready. Are you?" wasn't just about her revealing her identity? I felt like it was also about their relationship in a way.
Yeah, we could take it that way.

Quote:
I definitely need to see Emily breaking up with Ben, though. Not the other way around. I want Emily to make a choice and make it obvious that it's always been Jack. Because Jack's face when he says, "she knows. I'm past that." was really, really sad, and I just want her to tell him that she feels the same way.
I agree. I don't want it to look like Emily only gets together with Jack because Ben dumped her. (even though Ben dumping her would probably be, in part, to do with Jack)

Quote:
Kudos to Ben's brother for immediately knowing that Jack and Emily have a connection, though. It kind of makes it funnier that Ben's been blind enough to not realize that.
Didn't take him long to have suspicions. I think he only saw them together at the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchmoxie (View Post)
EDIT: And thank you for posting my gifs! I had to make them, that scene was too cute.
They're yours? Nice work.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

There have been so many occasions when Jack and Emily have basically told each other they love each other they just never say it directly I hope they do by the end of the season. I agree becoming Amanda I think will play a massive part in bringing them together. That line 'are you ready' I definatley felt signalled a new chapter not just for Emily but for them as a potential couple.

Based on the press release I wouldn't be surprised if the break up comes from Emily and you're right Jack is so obviously in love with Emily she needs to tell him she feels the same so he doesn't have to be sad anymore. I'm pretty sure either way if she dumps Ben or he dumps her it will be because of Jack. I certainly want their coming together to involve an epic speech by Emily about how it's always been Jack he deserves it after everything she's put him through she also needs a good explanation why she rejected him, tell him she was scared if that were the case.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

Quote:
There have been so many occasions when Jack and Emily have basically told each other they love each other they just never say it directly I hope they do by the end of the season.
Exchanged ILY's should happen.

Quote:
I certainly want their coming together to involve an epic speech by Emily about how it's always been Jack he deserves it after everything she's put him through she also needs a good explanation why she rejected him, tell him she was scared if that were the case.
We do at the least need an explanation for Emily rejecting Jack. And epic speech would be great!
Old 03-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Jack keeps getting hotter, he is my type of guy

hes holding her hand
she rejected him but they always find there way back
why did emily reject jack i dont understand hes jack
never spent much time posting in this thread always just lurked around but so in love with this ship always have been and need to share my love for this pair

this couple is gonna make it i can feel it
Old 03-31-2015, 11:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 04-01-2015, 01:04 PM
New Fan

Here are the promo pics for 3x20 and some other thoughts

Spoiler:
Old 04-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Extreme Fan

think the writer will end the season on good terms with jack and emily have all the hope for this pair i need

a kiss kiss has been done they need to make love that would be epic season ending then emily gets hurt or goes to jail and jack tries to fight for emily but when he cant save her he gets dark and gets payback

love to see a darker and dangerous jack next season
Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Not a 100% sure but I think they have started filming the finale.
Ah, okay. Aw.. filming what is potentially the last episode ever.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin200 (View Post)
Here are the promo pics for 3x20 and some other thoughts

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kyls; 04-01-2015 at 11:57 PM
Old 04-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I like your idea ultimatecandice if they were by some chance to get a S5 and Emily is locked up I'd love to see Jack all angry and determined and going badass to get her out.
S5 hasnt been comfirmed thats ok think will get one

thats a side of jack weve never seen and would love to
ratings would go up if they did this i need to write for the show dont know if the writers will do it but they should

good guy jack's hot but when hes dark and dangerous hes even hotter