Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphi1860 (View Post)
great to "hear" from you I know the feeling, I've been watching other shows instead of doing the rewatch too. Maybe well just pick up where we left off next week? I'm ok with not getting through the entire season 2 anyway
I've been watching slowly but surely, but it's a matter of taking the time to sit down and record my thoughts on the scenes the way I was doing for the back half of S3. I hope I can get to that soon.

More of my thoughts on the news that's broken... (I have no idea if this is supposed to be in spoiler tags or not, so I'm going to put them just in case.)

Spoiler:
Old 06-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 06-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 06-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I really like all of your ideas! can't wait
Old 06-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Just popping in to drop off a few things.... ABC took NW to a festival in Monte Carlo to promote Revenge -- as far as I can tell, he's the only Revenge actor who went (along with stars from Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, etc.). Most of the articles are in French, so I translated them through Google Chrome...not very well. There are lots of errors.

Actually, first here's a link to one I didn't need to translate...but the writer basically wrote NW's answers down word for word, so it's a little garbled. Still the gist is basically what we've heard him say before, that he wants Emily to be with Jack only if she's willing to sacrifice her revenge for him.

This other article is interesting because NW apparently revealed exclusive information to the reporter that the cast was apparently asked to extend their contracts through season 7 of the show. I know SN and other crew members had said stuff about how the show could go on much longer than next season, but through season seven?? That's shocking to me. Partly because I don't know how the concept could go another three seasons after this next one, but also partly because I didn't think the ratings were high enough for ABC to try to get the cast under contract for the next few years.

Does anyone know French? Is it just a bad translation?
Old 06-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Absolute Fan

I just finished catching up with Revenge today. It's taken me 4 days. i couldn't get enough of it.

Just wanted to say hello really. I love Jack & Emily. I hope they are end-game!!

ETA - Having read the thread, I'm so happy the writers are saying (well near enough saying) J/E are end game
I'm in love and always will be

Last edited by samzi; 06-15-2014 at 01:41 PM
Old 06-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Just popping in to drop off a few things.... ABC took NW to a festival in Monte Carlo to promote Revenge -- as far as I can tell, he's the only Revenge actor who went (along with stars from Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, etc.). Most of the articles are in French, so I translated them through Google Chrome...not very well. There are lots of errors.

Actually, first here's a link to one I didn't need to translate...but the writer basically wrote NW's answers down word for word, so it's a little garbled. Still the gist is basically what we've heard him say before, that he wants Emily to be with Jack only if she's willing to sacrifice her revenge for him.

This other article is interesting because NW apparently revealed exclusive information to the reporter that the cast was apparently asked to extend their contracts through season 7 of the show. I know SN and other crew members had said stuff about how the show could go on much longer than next season, but through season seven?? That's shocking to me. Partly because I don't know how the concept could go another three seasons after this next one, but also partly because I didn't think the ratings were high enough for ABC to try to get the cast under contract for the next few years.

Does anyone know French? Is it just a bad translation?
There is nothing much to say about the french article. Nick says that his asking himself if Emily is meant to be with Jack or if the two are fit to be together. He says that their relationship is complicaded because they don't seem to get over what happened in the past, they're always reassessing their childhood's memories. He says that he doesn't like Jack's naivety but that he's becoming less and less of that.That when Emily revealed her real identity at the end of S2, Jack started to really opened his eyes and that now it is difficult for him to keep lying to himself about what he knows. Nick is apparently the one who suggested to the writting staff to take the decision about David Clarke reappearance. He thought it would be game changing for the show.

Then he talks about how they're all discussing right now to expend their contract to 7 years.

Then the itw ends with Nick saying that Emily doesn't see the end of her revenge, that if he was her, he would ask himself "why do I take so long?". He says that at the same time Emily is torn because at the end of the day, once she gets her revenge, what will she has left?

That's all there is to say about the article.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 06-17-2014 at 04:18 AM
Old 06-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

wow I really didn't see this show lasting more than 5 seasons..
Old 06-16-2014, 05:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzi (View Post)
I just finished catching up with Revenge today. It's taken me 4 days. i couldn't get enough of it.

Just wanted to say hello really. I love Jack & Emily. I hope they are end-game!!

ETA - Having read the thread, I'm so happy the writers are saying (well near enough saying) J/E are end game
I love that they said it, too. I mean, part of me always thought so, but on my more pessimistic days I had this fear that they'd try to throw in some twist and have Emily end up single, dead, or with someone else.

The fact that they've basically said that, yeah, we all know they're going to be the last frame of the show speaks, IMO, to the fact that they realize a great portion of their audience wants them together, and that they're trying to get us to hang on even if they don't intend to actually make them a couple anytime soon.

Which sucks on one level -- I'm not really looking forward to Jack watching Emily get together with another guy -- but if they still get a lot of scenes together building their relationship, I can deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
There is nothing much to say about the french article. Nick says that his askin himself if Emily is meant to be with Jack or if the two are fit to be together. He says that their Relationship is complicaded because they don't seem to get over what happened in the past, they're always reassessing their childhood's memories. He says that he doesn't like Jack's naivety but that he's becoming less and less of that.That when Emily revealed her real identity at the end of S2, Jack started to really opened his eyes and that now it is difficult for him to keep lying to himself about what he knows. Nick is apparently the one who suggested to the writting staff to take the decision about David Clarke reappearance. He thought it would be game changing for the show.

Then he talks about how they're all discussing right now to expend their contract to 7 years.

Then the itw ends with Nick saying that Emily doesn't see the end of her revenge, that if he was her, he would ask himself "why do I take so long?". He says that at the same time Emily is torn because at the end of the day, once she gets her revenge, what will she has left?

That's all there is to say about the article.
Thank you! I really don't trust the translator on my browser.

I'm still adjusting to the news about seven seasons. I really had believed that S4 would be the end. I wonder what ABC is thinking? Are they worried about trying to get another show to work in that time-slot? Or did SN pitch them enough story that would keep the show going another four years?
Old 06-17-2014, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not that surprised by the contract news because there was an article out recently that said something about them (TPTB) being hopeful that the show could go on for many more years with the changes that they're making. That might not be exactly right, but it was what I remember getting from it. The article was posted either in this thread or the news thread if someone was interested.

But yeah, it'll depend on how well they pull it off and if they can continue getting decent enough ratings. It might get annoying waiting so long for Jack and Emily.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Right now they are just discussing the possibility of doing 7 seasons. Nothing is set in the stone.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 06-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 06-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
I'm not that surprised by the contract news because there was an article out recently that said something about them (TPTB) being hopeful that the show could go on for many more years with the changes that they're making. That might not be exactly right, but it was what I remember getting from it. The article was posted either in this thread or the news thread if someone was interested.
I remember reading that...at the time I wondered if maybe the show was eventually going to focus on different characters' revenge -- like maybe use S4 to introduce a new character or two and then focus the following seasons on a totally new revenge plot. Kind of like a backdoor pilot, except it would be the same series but without the focus on the Clarkes/Porters/Graysons.

But if the reporter is right, it sounds like they'd still want the current cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Right now they are just discussing the possibility of doing 7 seasons. Nothing is set in the stone.
Yeah, I'm going to keep focusing on that. Anything can change.

Spoiler:
Old 06-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Spoiler:
oh **** XD it won't end well.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 06-18-2014, 04:43 PM
New Fan

Spoiler:
Closed Thread   Post New Thread