Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm so happy they were endgame. I stopped watching the show but I was still a fan of this couple.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:12 PM
New Fan

It's rare that a television show give us everything that we could of wanted.

I read this exit interview from Sunil Nayar that talked about Jack and Amanda

'Revenge' Boss on Jack and Amanda's Future, Season 5's Scrapped Story Line and a Nolan Spinoff - The Hollywood Reporter

Were Jack and Amanda going to have their happily ever after? Do they? I don't see Amanda content with normal, everyday domestic life.

It's interesting, isn't it? Trying to think about what that looks like. They are so connected, but neither of them has ever had anything approaching a normal life. And the fact that the two of them are one of the most famous couples in the world right now changes the nature of that. It would have been a fun question to answer: What does daily life for Amanda and Jack look like? I don't think either of them would have been happy chilling out for too long.

Looking back, do you wish you’d gotten Jack and Amanda together sooner?

I don't. I think it was fun to play off the nature of their star-crossedness. After we knew they both wanted each other, it was fun to live with a couple of episodes before they got together. We didn't want to rush putting them together.

I'm glad it ended where it did, if there were a season 5 I fear it would ruin the happy ending for Jack and Emily that we did get.
franklin200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Carmblr
Old 05-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
That first picture her smile

Still not ready to post my thoughts yet but til then here's a great quote from SN explaining their choice of ending for them.

Quote:
Us: Absolutely! And you mentioned Emily getting shot before. Can I just ask, why in the world would Emily and Jack honeymoon on a boat after both of them had had boat issues post-weddings?

SN: [Laughs] We definitely talked about that. It actually was a way to show how the fears of the past repeating themselves had gone away. We certainly said, [sarcastically] ‘Wow Jack, this doesn’t bring back any insane memories to be leaving with Amanda Clarke on your honeymoon, on a boat?!’ But we think in some ways that’s exactly what the point is, is that they are leaving in a way that there’s nobody left in this world that wants to hurt them or so they believe. We also thought of the iconography of: This was Jack’s dream at the beginning of the series, to sail away into the sunset and then when he met Amanda again it was just a dream come true. And it was her dream to get out of this alive, and she found her true love in doing so and she left with even more than she thought she might have. But that’s such a great point, it’s like, ‘Come on, guys! Take the train.
BIB there you have it SN admits Jack is her true love. Although we always knew it!
Wolf Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:07 AM
New Fan

Finally!

Finally!!!! I can't believe they were not just sleeping together. They are actually together, married! The wedding scene is so lovely. It's just that I'm sad cos the show has come to an end...but at least it is a good ending,,,an ending that is more than I expected.
seanwc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Old 05-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 05-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Absolute Fan

That made me cry! In a good way! Great vid.
I'm in love and always will be
samzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Let's run away ∞
Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Extreme Fan

So happy they got a happy ending. I am satisfied with the finale. Series finales usually disappoint me (except for my all time favorite: Six Feet Under).
Old 05-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

On the heart thing.. Madeleine seemed to be saying it was true, but EVC says it isn't.. it was symbolic and meant that Victoria would always haunt her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
I knew Nick wouldn't really be okay with the finale being Amanda and Jack in the end but I always find it fun to listen to him: http://youtu.be/YweUK90FY68?a I don't agree with most of the hosts except for some of the stuff Roxy says. I didn't want a tortured ending. I expected it before Nick's other interview but didn't want it.
I haven't listened, but not surprised that he wasn't a fan. Sometimes I like dark endings and such, but this just wasn't one of those times.

In any case, he acted it well. And EVC was rooting for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyfriend & Prettygirl <3 (View Post)
O
BUT is it just me, or is anyone else kind of disapointed in how Nolan's storyline ended...? What about his happy ending? he's gonna help that new guy getting his revenge?
Yeah, I think maybe they wanted to bring him into the new show, and that's why they ended him on that note, but I don't know if I liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
I want to watch again before I post my thoughts, but my feelings are basically this: I would have done certain things about the finale differently (little things here and there), but I'm happy about where they ended up in the end, and that's what matters most.
Agree. Interested to read your thoughts and what you would have done differently.

Before the finale I saw someone say that they'd love the finale to start with the quote about two graves, and then go to the gunshot, (like in the pilot) and then the episode to jump back and get to that point later in the finale. I thought that would have been great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin200 (View Post)
It's rare that a television show give us everything that we could of wanted.

I read this exit interview from Sunil Nayar that talked about Jack and Amanda

'Revenge' Boss on Jack and Amanda's Future, Season 5's Scrapped Story Line and a Nolan Spinoff - The Hollywood Reporter

Were Jack and Amanda going to have their happily ever after? Do they? I don't see Amanda content with normal, everyday domestic life.

It's interesting, isn't it? Trying to think about what that looks like. They are so connected, but neither of them has ever had anything approaching a normal life. And the fact that the two of them are one of the most famous couples in the world right now changes the nature of that. It would have been a fun question to answer: What does daily life for Amanda and Jack look like? I don't think either of them would have been happy chilling out for too long.

Looking back, do you wish you’d gotten Jack and Amanda together sooner?

I don't. I think it was fun to play off the nature of their star-crossedness. After we knew they both wanted each other, it was fun to live with a couple of episodes before they got together. We didn't want to rush putting them together.

I'm glad it ended where it did, if there were a season 5 I fear it would ruin the happy ending for Jack and Emily that we did get.
One of the most famous couples in the world..

I think if the show had gone on for another season, they wouldn't have quite put them together yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
That first picture her smile

Quote:
BIB there you have it SN admits Jack is her true love. Although we always knew it!
Thanks Sunil for confirming that Jack is her true love.
I think them leaving on the boat was very fitting. I mean I get the 'really Jack, after what happened last time?' but we got this vision of them sailing away together early in the show, and I'm glad that that happened. And it's the right Amanda.

Question: was the name of the boat Infinity? It kind of looked like that but hard to tell.

Quote:
Their family. Jack, Amanda, Carl and puppy.
Wonder what they named him..
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Loyal Fan

So finally ready with my thoughts.

I did feel the ending was kinda rushed something massive would happen and before it could sink in something else big was happening. That's why I wished they had spent more of this season building up Jemily. However saying that they practically gave us EVERYTHING. It was so much more than I thought we'd get so I am super happy with that. It never even crossed my mind that we would see them get married.

So much for all SN's interviews about it being heartbreaking and the shows no fairytale that was probably one of the happiest endings I've ever seen for a show!

There were always massive clues this was where it was all leading remember at the beginning of the season when Nolan said the girl that gave up revenge lived happily ever after.

As soon as David got the boat I just had this feeling we all did so glad we were right.

So onto the parts of the episode I loved. When they were at the house and Jack said 'you're safe, I'm here' I was melting I knew what was coming. I loved the way Amanda closed her eyes and started smiling when remembering seeing Jack again for the first time.

I thought it was interesting Amanda's words about Aiden and Fauxmanda it was like she was brushing them off, it seemed like a roundabout way of saying it was always Jack.

Then when Jack said 'I won't let it end without this' the hotness . Obviously them getting it on for the first time in Victoria's mothers bed and after finding out Ben was killed there was weird however I guess it was a case of they've been holding back for 4 years they might not get another chance they simply couldn't stop themselves. I wish we'd seen them laying together afterwards and enjoying that moment but I suppose there just wasn't time to dwell when there was so much they got into the ep.

Loved Jack's fight with White Gold he sure got some punches in I was never really worried about him, still didn't like seeing him get stabbed but I loved when he told her to go to hell!

Amanda going to see Jack at the hospital it was great to see her not give a **** about getting caught she was so desperate to see him. Her line 'please don't leave me, I need you'. She looked so sad, I thought she might say she loved him then but then I thought no they will leave that until he is conscious.

Also this was huge she was going to kill Victoria over Jack I mean that tells you everything, first he's the only one worth giving up revenge for and now he's the one worth killing someone for. If anyone doubted Jack was her true love, the one she loves the most they just need reminding of these facts.

So when Jack woke up and he asked David for his permission to marry Amanda I was like OMG THEY'RE NOT! (Super cute moment BTW).

I loved when Amanda was at the grave and she said 'nothing worth doing is ever easy, well with one exception' (I didn't properly take this in on first viewing as I was taken aback with her being shot and then walking around fine I wasn't sure if it was real or not).

Then we saw Amanda getting ready (she looked so beautiful BTW) and I was like OMG THEY ARE!

Loved that moment with Nolan especially his line about 'I think you've kept Jack waiting long enough'. (And the viewers )

When Amanda walked up the aisle and with that song I just started crying but I had the biggest smile. Carl was so adorable. Nolan's face basically expressed the feelings of every Jemily shipper.

Hearing Jack and Amanda referring to each other as husband and wife was

Then when they brought out the puppy it was just too much anyone else think for a moment she was going to stand up and say she was pregnant?

Finally the boat scene this was the ending I always wanted for them it was PERFECT.

I knew when Amanda told Nolan at the end of S1 'if I don't make it out of this tell Jack that I love him' she would tell him one day. When Jack said to Nolan a few eps ago 'never tell me she loves me again' I was thinking she's going to tell you. When they did it was amazing.

Overall yes there were things I would have done differently we should have had more consistency across all the seasons (apart from S1) but I feel it ended exactly where and as it should. I did like all the throwbacks to the beginning of the show and how it focused on the most important dynamics throughout the series; Amanda and David, Amanda and Victoria, Amanda and Nolan and Amanda and Jack.

It's been one hell of a ride but that ending made it worth it now when I rewatch all their moments I can do so knowing they get their happy ending. There are some amazingly beautiful pictures from the wedding they look so happy I'm glad that we have that.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

i'm here to pick up a fossil
Old 05-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

That video is soooo good.

According to SN they filmed a few scenes that got cut from the finale due to time anyway one of these was of Amanda and Jack moving to California he said it might be put on the DVD I hope so I'd love to see it. I don't mind it as an extra but I'm glad it ended how it did because it was perfect.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

WOW! that video is perfectly beautiful and that wedding paralell gif
I would love to see that scene, hope they will have it on the dvd as a deleted scene!!
Reply   Post New Thread