Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
Hi Ines!

I was just thinking some more about the "What up Portland!!!!" scene in Truth Unrevealed. Did it annoy anyone else in the premiere that Ryan kind of imitated Baze when he said "Good Morning Portland!" on their first day back on the air after their honeymoon? Please.

When it comes to Ryan I just block him out. I don't like him.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
When it comes to Ryan I just block him out. I don't like him.
I understand. I know I'm supposed to like Ryan. I'm supposed to respect him and sympathize with him because he's such a great guy and BLAH BLAH BLAH. But sometimes it's just hard for me to keep my resentment and annoyance to myself. I have nothing personally against the guy, but he does make me roll my eyes sometimes.

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-19-2010 at 07:17 PM
Old 09-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I understand. I know I'm supposed to like Ryan. I'm supposed to respect him and sympathize with him because he's such a great guy and BLAH BLAH BLAH. But sometimes it's just hard for me to keep my resentment and annoyance to myself. I have nothing personally against the guy, but he does make me roll my eyes sometimes.
I tried the first few episodes but I just gave up. I just plain don't like him. No matter how much the writers tell me I should. I am talking to you Liz. I just can't ,sorry, nope not going to happen ever.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi Ines!

I was just thinking some more about the "What up Portland!!!!" scene in Truth Unrevealed. Did it annoy anyone else in the premiere that Ryan kind of imitated Baze when he said "Good Morning Portland!" on their first day back on the air after their honeymoon? Please.
OMG I thought it was just me! That is such a Baze line and somehow I think Liz did that intentionally...there's something underlying Ryan using Baze's catch phrase.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
OMG I thought it was just me! That is such a Baze line and somehow I think Liz did that intentionally...there's something underlying Ryan using Baze's catch phrase.
That was so Baze. I saw the clip before the show when Baze did that and Ryan so copied Baze. I also didn't care for how he treated Baze when Cate and him came back home form their honeymoon. That attitude is why I just don't like him.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
I thought it was just me, too. I'm glad other people noticed it as well. There might be something to it. As confident and self-assured as Ryan seems, I think he is very insecure and paranoid about Baze right now - and who can blame him! So, maybe he is subconciously trying to be a little more "fun" and "laidback" like Baze because he thinks that's what attracted Cate to him??? Or...maybe I'm just reading way too much into things as usual.

New episode tomorrow, and hopefully more awesome CB!

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-20-2010 at 06:44 AM
Old 09-20-2010, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought it was just me, too. I'm glad other people noticed it as well. There might be something to it. As confident and self-assured as Ryan seems, I think he is very insecure and paranoid about Baze right now - and who can blame him! So, maybe he is subconciously trying to be a little more "fun" and "laidback" like Baze because he thinks that's what attracted Cate to him??? Or...maybe I'm just reading way too much into things as usual.

New episode tomorrow, and hopefully more awesome CB!
I saw the previews for tomorrow and those two crack me up. LOL!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfce (View Post)
I saw the previews for tomorrow and those two crack me up. LOL!
Again...I ADORE that sneak peak of CB in the principal's office with Lux. Gah! CB's snarky banter is so freakin' cute and hilarious. So funny! I can't wait.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

YW for the pic!spam link, guys. It's such a great one.

I actually kinda like Ryan and like him together with Cate but CB are hands down my OTP on the show.

Enjoy the new episode, guys. I wish I could watch it too.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

I like Ryan too Sarah, and I used to like him with Cate as well but nowadays the CB shipper in me won't let me do that anymore. I have to confess though, I'm not sure I still like him as much after the S2 premiere.

Love your combo btw. That scene is beautiful. <3
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aly, glad I'm not the only one. Well, I like him up to the end of Season 1, though I'm not sure if I will once Season 2 finally comes here. I'm rooting for CB all the way though, they're my end game ship.

And thanks, that's one of my favourite CB scenes.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysummers (View Post)
I like Ryan too Sarah, and I used to like him with Cate as well but nowadays the CB shipper in me won't let me do that anymore. I have to confess though, I'm not sure I still like him as much after the S2 premiere.

Love your combo btw. That scene is beautiful. <3
Yeah, I never said I DIDN'T like and respect Ryan, or that I didn't completely understand the appeal of CR together. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I do love how patient, understanding, and forgiving he has been with Cate. That is LOVE. Ryan has been wonderful and sensitive with Lux as well. I don't think it's healthy that Cate thinks she needs to change to be "worthy" of him, but other than that, I think they are good together. But after the premiere, and seeing how they are LYING to each other - it's getting harder and harder to say that. There is no doubt that Ryan is an amazing guy - and I hope whatever we find out about his past this season doesn't change that. I think he is pretty much the perfect guy...he's just not perfect for Cate. I think we are going to begin to see that more and more. I hate to see Ryan get hurt, and I sincerely want him to be happy in the end. Again, I have nothing against the character personally...yet.

That said, the writing in S1 seemed to be FORCING me to like Ryan and sympathize with him - especially during his speech to Lux in the finale. THAT is what annoys me. THAT is what I resent. THAT is what makes me roll my eyes during his "words of wisdom" speeches. As a viewer, I felt a little manipulated - like they were trying to make me feel wrong and terrible for wanting CB together - like I was stupid and childish for rooting for them. It was not necessarily Ryan's fault that I didn't warm up to him as much as the other characters. I just relate more to the flawed, screwed-up characters like Cate, Baze, and Lux. That's why I'm so excited that they are going to give Ryan some flaws and perhaps make him more human and relatable this season.

Furthermore, I'll admit that it's becoming REALLY hard to overcome my CB fangirl bias - especially after the premiere. I want them to be end game so badly, and part of me just wants this one obstacle (i.e., Ryan) out of the way already! But I'll be patient. I want CB to happen the right way.

And Aly...I love your icon and your sig. Beautiful! It's one of my fave CB scenes, too.

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-20-2010 at 09:35 AM
Old 09-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I never said I DIDN'T like and respect Ryan, or that I didn't completely understand the appeal of CR together. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I do love how patient, understanding, and forgiving he has been with Cate. That is LOVE. Ryan has been wonderful and sensitive with Lux as well. I don't think it's healthy that Cate thinks she needs to change to be "worthy" of him, but other than that, I think they are good together. But after the premiere, and seeing how they are LYING to each other - it's getting harder and harder to say that. There is no doubt that Ryan is an amazing guy - and I hope whatever we find out about his past this season doesn't change that. I think he is pretty much the perfect guy...he's just not perfect for Cate. I think we are going to begin to see that more and more. I hate to see Ryan get hurt, and I sincerely want him to be happy in the end. Again, I have nothing against the character personally...yet.

That said, the writing in S1 seemed to be FORCING me to like Ryan and sympathize with him - especially during his speech to Lux in the finale. THAT is what annoys me. THAT is what I resent. THAT is what makes me roll my eyes during his "words of wisdom" speeches. As a viewer, I felt a little manipulated - like they were trying to make me feel wrong and terrible for wanting CB together - like I was stupid and childish for rooting for them. It was not necessarily Ryan's fault that I didn't warm up to him as much as the other characters. I just relate more to the flawed, screwed-up characters like Cate, Baze, and Lux. That's why I'm so excited that they are going to give Ryan some flaws and perhaps make him more human and relatable this season.

Furthermore, I'll admit that it's becoming REALLY hard to overcome my CB fangirl bias - especially after the premiere. I want them to be end game so badly, and part of me just wants this one obstacle (i.e., Ryan) out of the way already! But I'll be patient. I want CB to happen the right way.
Great post Keri! You've said it perfectly.

Quote:
And Aly...I love your icon and your sig. Beautiful! It's one of my fave CB scenes, too.
I think you meant Sara. lol My combo is a Skate one. hehe

Btw, how do we call Cate/Baze? Bate? Caze..? lol
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysummers (View Post)
Great post Keri! You've said it perfectly.

I think you meant Sara. lol My combo is a Skate one. hehe

Btw, how do we call Cate/Baze? Bate? Caze..? lol
Whoops! I got the posts/names mixed up. Sarah - Gorgeous CB icon! Your combo is beautiful, too, Aly.

And I've heard them called both Bate and Caze, but mostly I just use the shorthand CB (which can be confusing because other popular couples have those initials). We really should have an "official" couple name for them for FF.

Last edited by kerbear28; 09-20-2010 at 10:36 AM
Old 09-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Your combo is beautiful, too, Aly.
Thanks hun. I used to ship only one character called 'Kate' (Sawyer/Kate), now I ship 3, what with Castle (Richard/Kate) and Life Unexpected (Cate/Baze), it's kinda funny I don't call R/K by their first names though, I mostly talk about them as Castle/Beckett. Yeah, sorry, this was completely random.

Quote:
And I've heard both Bate and Caze, but mostly I just use the shorthand CB (which can be confusing because other popular couples have those initials). We really should have an "official" couple name for them for FF.
Yeah, I use CB as well by default. Both names sound funny though. lol Not sure which one I'd pick for them.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread