Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2015, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

Added you, welcome!

Spoiler:
Old 09-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

i dont come at FF in ages but im so glad to see a CQ thread in here. Pls add me, they will be the death of me next month
Old 09-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome, I added you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateGirl88 (View Post)
they will be the death of me next month
I know, just one more month, it felt like forever! Their chemistry is great, so I can't wait for some tension filled scenes.

I know HL is not about the happy ending and everyone is destined to be miserable, but I hope for some semblance of happiness, like in this video.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

that is so beautiful

i've these on my youtube's favs, (you probably have seen them already )

Old 09-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

I've seen them like 100 times. They're awesome.

Speaking of favorites:

It's funny how in every interview Rupert says that Quinn and Carrie are so bad for each other, like they are the worst couple ever. He's right in a way, they are two characters with strong personalities who work so well together, but have so many intimacy issues that their romantic relationship could end up in a disaster. I still want to see it though.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:02 AM
New Fan

Hi - Can you add me too? I am really a little bit obsessed with Carrie and Quinn at the moment

I think it was one of those moments when you didn't realise that you shipped a couple so much until they kissed and then you're just like

These are my thoughts on the C/Q dynamic in the finale:

Quinn. Gosh, where do I start? Quinn started the Season on self destruct, being confronted over his feelings for Carrie, then basically acknowledged that she is his weak spot when he agreed, despite his intense protestations over joining her. I thought it was interesting watching Carrie lean on Quinn so heavily this season, and yet he wasn't afraid to confront her when he thought what she was doing was wrong. (It seems to me like you're ******ing a child!) Carrie's not used to being challenged so this was a really interesting dynamic to watch. And he didn't take the shot against Haqanni (sp.?) at the end. And that was because Carrie told him not to.

And then there was the kiss. I thought this was a real emotional pay off for both Carrie and Quinn fans this season. What is interesting about this relationship is how many people have been against it because of Brody's death last season. But it's so much more than that. The relationship between Carrie and Quinn has been building since they met in Season Two. It's been very very obvious that Quinn has always had feelings for Carrie (the looks when Brody was in the room, the elongated stares between the two across car parks - aren't they always in car parks?!) and he would quite literally do anything for her, even if it's not in his interests. Let's face it, most of the things that Quinn does for Carrie could end up in his death!!

In this finale episode, we saw Quinn vulnerable. But not just vulnerable in a kind of 'let's drink ten bottles of vodka and sleep with some random girl' vulnerable. In a really happy and in love, 'this is how I feel about you and this is what I want for our future' kind of vulnerable. I would wager Quinn has never said anything like this to anyone before. But much as we see Quinn put it all on the line, he's not ready yet. He reacts in a very 'old Quinn' way when she says she's not ready. New Quinn might have waited. But Quinn, much like Carrie, has his demons. And hey, the show isn't nearly done yet. I'm sure there's much more to come from these two.

Yes, the Carrie's Mother storyline was quite dull. But then again, it wasn't really about Carrie's Mother. It was about us realising why Carrie is the way she is, and why she was the way she was with Brody, and why she pulled away from a moment of happiness with Quinn, determined that she would 'just ****** it up.' This was showing us that Carrie can do it, she can be happy and perhaps she will be... but not just yet, because hey, the show isn't done yet! It's showing us the possibilities for her character.

The moments in which Carrie tried desperately to contact Quinn after the conversation with her Mother were, in my opinion, the most tense and the most heart breaking of the entire season. Here she is, realising that she has her long-haul guy ready and waiting in the wings.... but he's gone.

This episode, more than anything, showed us the nature of the world that these characters live in. Normal life and happiness is dangled in front of them, and then taken away from them. And that each of them, Saul, Carrie, Quinn, even Dar Adal.... their characters have been shaped by their experiences in the CIA and irrepairably damaged by the country that they're trying so hard to protect.

Not sure they'll kiss or even have sex this season but there will be intimate moments. How could there not be? I really don't think the writers will abandon this ship. They've spent a long time building it, carefully crafting Quinn's character changes till we see that stripped bare vulnerability we see in that stunning kiss scene. Carrie may be seeing someone else but that doesn't really mean anything in the terms of TV. This new Jonas doesn't know who Carrie really is. Quinn does. I think that's why that scene was so powerful.

'You know my ****.' 'You know mine.'
'I've seen you at your worst.'

Even Brody didn't see Carrie in the state that Quinn has seen her in. C/Q end game for me. Definitely.
tracey1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the thread and to , Great first post, I couldn't agree more! I added you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1302 (View Post)
I think it was one of those moments when you didn't realise that you shipped a couple so much until they kissed and then you're just like
I loved them from the beginning, I couldn't stand Brody and his relationship with Carrie. It wasn't healthy in any way, they were both just using each other. It was an obsession rather than a relationship.

Did you see alternate C/Q kiss scene from 4x12?

Quote:
the looks when Brody was in the room, the elongated stares between the two across car parks - aren't they always in car parks?!
Cars are their thing, no doubt about it.

Quote:
Yes, the Carrie's Mother storyline was quite dull. But then again, it wasn't really about Carrie's Mother. It was about us realising why Carrie is the way she is, and why she was the way she was with Brody, and why she pulled away from a moment of happiness with Quinn, determined that she would 'just ****** it up.' This was showing us that Carrie can do it, she can be happy and perhaps she will be... but not just yet, because hey, the show isn't done yet! It's showing us the possibilities for her character.

The moments in which Carrie tried desperately to contact Quinn after the conversation with her Mother were, in my opinion, the most tense and the most heart breaking of the entire season. Here she is, realising that she has her long-haul guy ready and waiting in the wings.... but he's gone.
Carrie's mother storyline was just lazy writing, but I understand writers' intentions. What I loved the most about that episode is the fact that Carrie was so genuinely happy. Despite her father's death she recovered peace of mind, she found her serenity. She was so relieved when Quinn came back, she bonded with her daughter, she found out she isn't destined to be alone for the rest of her life.

I'm still mad at Quinn that he left, he didn't even give Carrie a chance to think about it. She never said no. It was like now or never for him.

Quote:
Even Brody didn't see Carrie in the state that Quinn has seen her in. C/Q end game for me. Definitely.
Brody was a piece of ****. He didn't understood her illness and he never took her seriously.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:38 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervy minion (View Post)
Welcome to the thread and to , Great first post, I couldn't agree more! I added you.

I loved them from the beginning, I couldn't stand Brody and his relationship with Carrie. It wasn't healthy in any way, they were both just using each other. It was an obsession rather than a relationship.

Did you see alternate C/Q kiss scene from 4x12?

Cars are their thing, no doubt about it.

Carrie's mother storyline was just lazy writing, but I understand writers' intentions. What I loved the most about that episode is the fact that Carrie was so genuinely happy. Despite her father's death she recovered peace of mind, she found her serenity. She was so relieved when Quinn came back, she bonded with her daughter, she found out she isn't destined to be alone for the rest of her life.

I'm still mad at Quinn that he left, he didn't even give Carrie a chance to think about it. She never said no. It was like now or never for him.

Brody was a piece of ****. He didn't understood her illness and he never took her seriously.
Thanks for the welcome! So glad I've found somewhere to talk Carrie and Quinn. I wouldn't like to confess how many times I've watched the kiss scene

Have you seen the trailers for the new season? I'm really hoping that they are gonna pursue the storyline. I don't mean obviously make it the centre of the show because that's not what Homeland is about but I'm hoping that we get little pockets of intimacy like we got last season, showing Quinn's walls breaking down. Eventually.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:47 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Welcome, I added you!

I know, just one more month, it felt like forever! Their chemistry is great, so I can't wait for some tension filled scenes.

I know HL is not about the happy ending and everyone is destined to be miserable, but I hope for some semblance of happiness, like in this video.

OMG just watched this. This breaks my heart. It's just so so beautiful
Old 09-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome! So glad I've found somewhere to talk Carrie and Quinn.

I wouldn't like to confess how many times I've watched the kiss scene

Have you seen the trailers for the new season? I'm really hoping that they are gonna pursue the storyline. I don't mean obviously make it the centre of the show because that's not what Homeland is about but I'm hoping that we get little pockets of intimacy like we got last season, showing Quinn's walls breaking down. Eventually.
Me too, this thread was dead for so long, and today I added three new fans.

The Kiss was a pretty good Christmas present. And 'You know my ****.' 'You know mine.' was like their version of 'I love you'

I've seen them all and I'm very excited for this season. Seems like Carrie and Quinn will be on opposite sides of the barricades. Quinn is in a robot mode, killing everyone without mercy and Carrie is enjoying the family life with Frannie and Jonas. Their reunion should be interesting. I never wanted them to become strangers. Even if they don't take things to the next level, I want them to stay close friends. They understand each other and forgive for repeated mistakes.

Spoiler:

Homeland Season 5 Spoilers: Is There Hope for Carrie and Quinn? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 09-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

im trying to avoid spoilers. i havent seen any trailers/promos of the upcoming season. i have no idea whats gonna happening

Last edited by SkateGirl88; 09-03-2015 at 11:08 AM
SkateGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

You have such a strong will. Sorry I didn't use spoiler tags for some things, I'm usually pretty careful about it.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

no problem sweetie, your posts are just fine i havent read anything wrong

that scene was adorable
Old 09-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Elite Fan

Good.

I loved those domestic moments even if it was for one day. Also Carrie making bedroom eyes at Quinn was priceless. Not to diminish their kiss, but she was so emotionally vulnerable in that moment, from one trauma to another. She needed his shoulder and his strength. I don't think Carrie fully aknowledges her feelings for Quinn until he kisses her.

And Quinn is so hopelessly in love with Carrie. He wants so badly to be with her that he'd rather die than have to face potential rejection. He can't control his feelings and it wrecks his judgment, he makes poor decisions.

All in all it's a wonderful catastrophe.

x
Old 09-03-2015, 02:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Good.

I loved those domestic moments even if it was for one day. Also Carrie making bedroom eyes at Quinn was priceless. Not to diminish their kiss, but she was so emotionally vulnerable in that moment, from one trauma to another. She needed his shoulder and his strength. I don't think Carrie fully aknowledges her feelings for Quinn until he kisses her.

And Quinn is so hopelessly in love with Carrie. He wants so badly to be with her that he'd rather die than have to face potential rejection. He can't control his feelings and it wrecks his judgment, he makes poor decisions.

All in all it's a wonderful catastrophe.

x
I can't cope with the 'Take Me To Church' video. It's amazing. It just fits the intensity of their relationship somehow. It's so touching.

It's weird, in my opinion, they can't really go back to just being close friends. I mean, they might just do the 'just good friends' thing but now, as always, there's going to be something more between them. A line has been crossed. And it's a big line. Especially for someone like Quinn who is so emotionally stoic and someone like Carrie who made the realisation that Quinn could be her long haul guy after thinking that she couldn't be with anyone. These are absolutely massive character changes for these two and they happened in the very last episode.

The writers wanted these things to be crossing our minds when we open up the new season. They can't just drop Carrie and Quinn. Nor can they ignore the fact that their relationship has been building for a long time. It's not good writing. Despite the fact that I think I read somewhere that they weren't going to do a 'will they, won't they,' - how can they not?

After the intimacy of the last meeting between Carrie and Quinn, the next time they see each other is going to be so intense, there's gonna be smoke coming off my TV set! Thought I would also add.... if they wanted to just have them meet 'in the moment' to simply release the sexual tension between them then I think Carrie and Quinn would have just had sex in 4X12. But the fact they shared a very passionate kiss, stripped these characters bare, showed them vulnerable and chatting about their relationship shows me that they are taking this further...

Last edited by tracey1302; 09-03-2015 at 02:58 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top