Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Carol and Doug (ER)

One of my all time favorites. They had amazing chemistry even without talking or kissing... like the looks across the room, or their ever popular 'forehead leaning'. It just kills me when he says he's leaving, and she says something like 'I don't want to wake up alone tomorrow.'

Anyone else out there?

[ 07-04-2003: Message edited Mandy Renay ]
Old 07-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved them too.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Who doesn't?

and all I am is holding breath.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

I ADORE Carol and Doug. I loved their relationship from the beginning - it seemed very realistic - and I don't think E.R has had a better couple since George Clooney and Julianna Margulies left the show. Don't get me wrong, I love E.R, but Carol and Doug were IT.

If I had to pick a favorite Carol and Doug moment...anytime they were together in her house. I just loved those homey moments. I also loved the rooftop scene in "Choosing Joi", which happens to be one of my favorite episodes. I love ALL the Carol/Doug interactions.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

And the scene when she can't adopt Tatiana and she goes to his place before she goes home. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] That said a lot that he took her home after she asked if she could stay.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay! I love Doug and Carol. They are the original ER couple. I haven't seen all of the early episodes though...
Old 08-09-2003, 07:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

My new D/C avie gives me a new sense of responibility to save this thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Firstly, a pic -

How unbelievably cute do they look? [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Secondly, a question - What makes Doug and Carol such a great couple?
Old 08-09-2003, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

I loved D/C...they were a great couple...they had this great chemistry!!!
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 08-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

I LOVED C/D in season 1!!!!!!! I wanted them to get together so badly!!!!!! I didn't like the show all that much after season 1. I like to hold the image in my head, of C dancing at her wedding and looking over at D and he's looking back at her!!!! They should have got together new and there. Oh, and also after the three years was up, for C to become eligible to adopt a child, they should have adopted the little Russian girl who had aids!!!!! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Season 1 was the best!!!!! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] And for that C/D will always be one of my fav couples!!!!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Glad people could come on here after the threads near death. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I agree they have an amazing chemistry and although i haven't seen all of S1, i know what you mean. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Swirlysheen:
<STRONG>
Secondly, a question - What makes Doug and Carol such a great couple?</STRONG>
Aw, I started to go get my avatar of them too, but it's on my other computer.

They just had that 'soulmate' thing; a connection. They complimented one another... you know, I'm really not good at explaining things like that, lol.

Question- there's this one little scene that's in the opening credits of ER (well, old school ER) that has them walking down the hallway- do you know what episode that is? I can't remember.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:08 AM
Passionate Fan

That scene was from an episode in season 2....but...I'll be damned if I can remember which episode. Sorry [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Really cool thread, they will always be my fave ER couple [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Grace
Old 08-14-2003, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

I kept an eye out during the re-runs cause I wanted to see whate episode they added that into the intro. I know it was in season two but I missed a couple days of eps and then it was in there, and I didn't figure out where it came from. Lol.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Where'd everyone go? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

They will always hold a special place in my heart.

Quote:
And the scene when she can't adopt Tatiana and she goes to his place before she goes home. That said a lot that he took her home after she asked if she could stay.
That was the first episode I caught in reruns. It drew me to them from the start.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CandRach2:
<STRONG>I don't think E.R has had a better couple since George Clooney and Julianna Margulies left the show. Don't get me wrong, I love E.R, but Carol and Doug were IT.</STRONG>
Absolutely. I first watched ER when they reran the season finale when Carol and Doug got back together and I was hooked. I could watch them over and over again. I loved the end of the Christmas episode (sorry I can't remember titles [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] ), when Carol tells the ER that she and Doug are back together and Doug one ups her by saying that he wants to marry her. Makes my healt melt every time.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Carol tells the ER that she and Doug are back together and Doug one ups her by saying that he wants to marry her. Makes my healt melt every time.
I'm pretty sure the ep you're talking about is from season 4, and called "Obstruction of Justice"

One of my favorite episodes is probably "Something New" when she gives him the drawer. And, of course, SSS because who doesn't love that last scene? [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread