Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Carnivale's Sofie/Ben Thread #1: Because it's a season of love...

So aside from lovin' HBO this season, the show that's got my stuck at home Sunday evenings is Carnivale.

I think I loved the idea of Ben and Sofie from day one...when she offers to read his cards, and they have their little introduction...

Sofie begins to walk away, and Ben calls out to her

Ben: By the way, my name is Ben

Sofie: Hawkins...I know.

Hehe

This is of course an appreciation thread, so let's get the jibber-jabber about these two and shake some dust
Old 03-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I'll say it-all through season one I thought these two were half brother and half sister. I also thought Sophie wasn't right with Jonesy. I always thought he was confusing loving her with being in love with her. But, it's all okay now. Sophie and Ben can be together (well, as soon as she gets away from the ever creepy BJ) and Jonesy, well he got piss drunk and married Libby. (but I like them together, darn it.)

Hopefully, Ben can save Sophie and maybe when it's all over they can be together.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Nab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Extreme Fan

LOL, I know, right? Well, there's a lot more in store for them...I think I'm really really curious about her reaction to Ben after having stayed in the whole congregation of Brother Justin.

There's something really nice in the way they are so at ease with one another. I mean, I'll be the first to admit that the truck action was a little awkward, but when you look at the alternatives? Yeah, I don't know...I mean Sofie did see Mamatose in Lodtz trailer, which would be enough of a scare to keep me awake for days. lol. But, *sigh* that conversation they had about the first time they saw each other was really a turning point for me. Mostly, because it revealed that they have always had each other in mind, inspite of whoever was around.

Yeah, Jonesy? What is up with marrying Libby? I thought it was really impulsive, and awkward. I mean, it's kind of twisted, but in some ways Sofie is the reasion they kind took more notice of one another in the first place.

Although, I still don't understand why Appy was soo freaked out with what she was going to do to Jonesy? Why she was sooo afraid for Sofie to leave...
and now I understand clearly. I mean Carnivale is kind of this bubble that's separate from the rest of the country. They don't have the convenience much for knowing much of what BJ has been up to thus far. So I can see that Appy was scared Sofie might find her way to BJ.

Now, if can get to her in time before BJ does something unimaginable, then I'll be happy. I kind of want them to have some sort of scene after "solidifying" their relationship. lol
Old 09-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heroes

The sex scene was hot
samira_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Absolute Fan

I've just started re-watching this series and for some reason I forgot that these two hooked up in the truck!

So when I watched that episode, I was just kind of stunned. I remember wanting them together, but I never thought they actually went there. I mean at first I thought it was a bit sudden, considering they hardly had any scenes together in comparison to other characters. But after thinking about, it makes sense, because obviously they had a strong attraction to begin with so it was bound to happen quite quickly. Plus they had awesome chemistry. A lot better then what she had with Jonesy.

I'm just upset that this series ended where it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samira_86 (View Post)
The sex scene was hot
Yeah, their chemistry was definitely showing in that scene!

Last edited by Kristen00; 12-18-2014 at 08:22 AM
Kristen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Absolute Fan

Source

'What did you see?'
'Nothing.'
Old 01-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have the first season that I got from Christmas years ago and never got around to watching it. I should soon.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnColorsღ
I have the first season that I got from Christmas years ago and never got around to watching it. I should soon.
Oh my god! You totally should. At least just to see these two on screen.

Source
Old 01-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok I will. That is a really pretty artwork!
My LJ
Old 01-07-2015, 09:41 AM
Absolute Fan

It really is a fantastic series. You won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnColorsღ
That is a really pretty artwork!
It is, isn't it? At the moment I am just scouring the internet for more stuff to add here.

Source
Old 03-15-2017, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gorgeous!
My LJ
Old 10-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero