Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think as long as it is open-ended that should be acceptable. We probably wouldn't accept something like, for instance, a Carly jealousy fic that still ends with Seddie getting together...but seeing as Carly didn't have a significant other during the arc, that should be fine Also, that sounds stellar.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:16 PM
New Fan

The next chapter of Carly and Freddie's life together in my book "iServe" is at

iServe Chapter 11 iReturn, an icarly fanfic | FanFiction
Old 07-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Passionate Fan

All the fanforum features are working again!

Out of time right now but I will submit reviews later!

@SirRay: Thanks for sharing the story link and you will get a review on this thread, this weekend.

iCarly: Call Me Maybe (Creddie) - YouTube
Cute new Creddie video with some recent scenes, finally. Most of the other Creddie videos you see on YT are old.

Today is National Kissing Day as well as Creddie Friday! Tweet!

credit:kisstherainbowtears
Old 07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

@SirRay - a nice little update to your story; I like your writing though I must concede that the underlying universe in which you've set it is a little uncomfortable for me (just not really my thing)

Creddie IS canon. FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!
My Fanfiction stories My Twitter
Old 07-07-2012, 04:03 AM
Passionate Fan

@MirandaCosgrove: Late night rehearsal…I’m craving a cupcake

credit:iloveyouicarly
Old 07-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

The guitar's bigger than she is!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Passionate Fan

I will post reviews on Mon-Tues. Out of time again.

credit:dontkillkenny19

credit:horttencia1

Pic of Nathan at Sierra Madre on July 4th.

credit:iwillstoptheworld

Awww. He was so cute.

credit:oldkingcole
Old 07-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nick UK showed Gym Teacher, starring Nathan (and, I believe Avan Jorgia from Victorious) last night; predictable plot but quite funny

Old 07-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Passionate Fan

I wish they would air it in the US again. I have never seen that movie.

credit:twooping

Still from the movie.

Gym Teacher: The Movie - Behind The Scenes - YouTube

Gym Teacher: The Movie - Bloopers - YouTube
Beso de Alexia Fast y Nathan Kress-GYM TEACHER: the movie - YouTube
Gym Teacher sample trailer - YouTube
Old 07-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Really? They show the Nick TV movies fairly regularly over here. We had Victoria in Boy Who Cried Werewolf a while ago and they've shown Best Player (Jennette/Jerry) a few times over the last few months. They also showed Fairly Odd Movie and Big Time Movie over the weekend. Usually when the school holidays are here or approaching they put the films on.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 AM
Passionate Fan

They don't show the Nick movies as much especially after a certain time unless it is a holiday-themed film like the Drake & Josh Christmas movie and The Boy who Cried Werewolf which makes a good Halloween film for kiddies. They have shown The Big Time Rush movie and Rags repeatedly lately though since they are more recent.

I will be busy today and I hope others can bump up the thread. I will post reviews next week. I have heard zip iCarly news.

I wish I could crop pics. If somebody else could crop these pics with just Miranda & Nathan and upload onto tumblr, that would be great.

credit:mccurdysmoustache
Old 07-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

iSYL was on earlier - always nice to see that one

Old 07-08-2012, 09:37 PM
New Fan

iServe questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg31 (View Post)
@SirRay - a nice little update to your story; I like your writing though I must concede that the underlying universe in which you've set it is a little uncomfortable for me (just not really my thing)
What part of the underlying universe are you uncomfortable with?

The part where Freddie is in the USAF and is deployed overseas and Carly is a military wife? There is a connection between the TV show and the USAF. Carly’s father is in the USAF (I hate the way Dan uses the military as an excuse to get rid of a parent), and her mother would have been a military wife. I think Nathan Kress once said he would have gone into the military if he weren’t acting.

The part where Freddie is submissive to the girl he loves? Freddie is the most submissive guy on TV. He may be intellect & is able to get technical things working, but he is always the victim, rarely stands up for himself, and for all practical purposes is a doormat for the girls. I just incorporated that submissive characteristic into a part of him just being a gentleman and being loyal to the only woman he loves.

The part where Carly is a strong willed, take charge woman who loves Freddie? The TV version of Carly pretty much lets Sam do whatever she wants, and almost never stops her from bulling Freddie (I put an end to that in chapter 2 the first book of the series when Carly said “… I will be the judge, jury, and executioner ..." As far as my story goes, that ended any kind of bad behavior). Carly throws herself at guys she falls in love with (The way Kyle dumped her in “iQ” was polite compared to what I would have said to her). Has Carly ever supported Freddie in anything outside of the iCarly webshow? Basically, she has been one disappointment after another. I wish the TV version were more like mine.

The part about their lifestyle? They do not have a normal home relationship. I try to emphasis that it is the relationship between them that is the core of the story. The sexual activities are more fun to write but are just enhancements to the relationship and I try to emphasis the romantic and sensual aspects. By most BDSM standards, Carly and Freddie’s lifestyle is not extreme. In one unpublished scene, Freddie calls Carly his “Gentle Domme” because she is not harsh in anyway, unlike Sam. In the end, Carly and Freddie have honesty, loyalty, respect, support, and trust each other. I can’t say the same about the TV versions.

If anyone has any questions about my series, I checkin on the FanForum website once a day and I will try to answer them within 24 to 48 hours.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

The general submission/BDSM part really; as an occasional role-play type thing it can spice up a relationship. As a lifestyle... as I say, just not my cup of tea

You do make a valid point that, given their on-screen personae it COULD be a viable relationship style for them.

Last edited by dg31; 07-09-2012 at 12:22 AM
Old 07-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Apologies for the DP but quite a good night on Nick. iGo To Japan followed by iSpeed Date. I never tire of the dance...

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top