Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Maybe they could bring back Pete for Sam? I actually liked them together.
It would be funny if they brought back Zayn for Sam's boyfriend though I doubt that will happen. I don't think they will end it with Sibby even though we have been recently getting more moments between them. If they do pick somebody for Spencer, it would be interesting to see Sasha Striker again or maybe the sister of that boy ( I am blanking on the name). I have not seen older episodes of iCarly in ages.

Yeah, there has been no post-breakup tension or lingering feelings from what I have been seeing. However, that elevator scene with them kissing until midnight did not sit well with me. In fact, that was the only scene where I felt any real sexual tension/chemistry between them which was weird...to feel that only in their breakup scene. Otherwise during the rest of the arc, the romantic chemistry was uber-forced, looked unnatural, and was just cringe-worthy to watch. It was like seeing an AU version of the characters especially since Freddie's attraction appeared out of nowhere. It just was OOC. I do think Nathan and Jennette have chemistry as actors but it is the comedic kind, not romantic. They mastered the frenemie dynamic but I never felt any real sexual tension there like I do with alot of frenemie ships. I mean, even as a non-shipper of that pairing...I felt they had potential at one period but that arc just ruined it and proved it doesn't work for the show. The writing and development could have been different for it but it was poorly slapped together. I even thought Seddie was cute back in s1 but it progressively became more abusive and I just didn't feel any chemistry btw them outside of the comedy banter.

Sadly, I bet some people will just automatically hate who they would pick for Sam's boyfriend. Also, it would be hard for us to get on board with another boyfriend for Carly that wasn't Freddie. Either way, they have to pick a compatible guy that they can have believable chemistry in a short amount of time.

Very interesting, that we see a picture of Freddie in Carly's room near her bed.
Then we have Nathan flat-out stating in his Ustream interview that Seddie was abusive & concerning, and Creddie was more realistic & made more sense. There is NO way in hell he would have made that comment before or during the Seddie arc which makes me think he felt fine with openly saying that because Seddie is not going to be revisited. He tried to make his interview seem even-handed and neutral but I seemed to get a vibe of a slight preference for Creddie even though he said he didn't want the trio dynamic spoiled.

Hey, it would be cool if somebody could post that link to that video here. To make this thread active, people can post links, pics, and gifs.

Last edited by Venetia; 04-11-2012 at 08:39 AM
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

imho, if they had properly developed Seddie post-iKiss, it could have meshed with the show. character development, etc. etc. but they didn't, and so it just doesn't work.

well, yes. i won't be happy unless it ends in Creddie, i admit that freely. still, as the main character, it would be ridiculous if they end the series with Seddie hooked up and no boyfriend for Carly.

while i'm very glad about that interview, we have to take it with a grain of salt. the actors don't always know what's planned. i certainly think it's a good sign, but we shouldn't put too much faith in it.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Chuck's sister in iBTH? Gia was her name
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

so. what's your favorite Creddie moment? i never get tired of hearing answers to this question.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm thinking of putting together a top 10 for discussion on Creddie Fans.

Off the top of my head

10. Studying together at the end of iRWM
9. The hug at the end of iChristmas
8. iOMG - Carly using the nature network as an example of her plan to get Sam and Brad together, Freddie feigning ignorance.
7. iPNTT - the scene with the CSA and Franklin confronting them over hacking into the computer. From Freddie's flirty "Shay comma Carly" (and her smile in response) to them bickering in the kitchen and trying to come up with a birthday present for the Principal
6. NEW ENTRY - their exchange in the Groovy Smoothie in iG1D
5. iPNTT - Carly dragging Freddie back by the leg as he tries to crawl out of the apartment, she pins him, they talk about not telling on Sam, how to fix it (including Carly poke/tickling Freddie) and ends with her pinning him again followed by giving him a very cute smile
4. The confrontation in the studio in iTTK
3. Carly kisses Freddie on his bed in iSYL
2. The cheek-kiss at the end of iSYL

and at #1. The dance at the end of iSD
Old 04-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Could I please be added to the list
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

absolutely!

do you have any contributions (manifesto reasons, fanworks, etc.?) or favorite moments to discuss?

@dg31, i think my list would look a lot like yours, although i might put the iChristmas hug higher...
Old 04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Passionate Fan

reply to bump up the thread.

I know the actors don't know exactly what is going on or what is being planned but they have more insight into Dan's state of mind or what he is talking about. I heard the cast has discussed that arc. It is just indicative at least, towards some of Nathan's attitude, and I don't think he would have been allowed to make such a major statement like that regarding either ships before the arc. It would have been viewed as unprofessional for him to talk like that while it was going on so I think that points to a larger possibility of it not being revisited but who knows...we know Dan takes the online fandom too seriously.

Gia. Thanks for reminding me.

I would come up with a top ten but my mind has been blanking out lately. I have a lot on my mind and the older episodes are getting fuzzy for me. I need to do a serious re-watch of the earlier seasons at some point. My favorite all-time moment is the dance and that moment in iSD. I also liked the kiss in the extended version of iSYL. I don't remember the episode but for some reason, the moment where Carly/Freddie eye-sex in each other openly in the hall, where Freddie says "hey"...it was an episode from the first or second season...I really liked that. I just loved the way he looked at her. It felt like more of a genuine flirtation moment instead of any imposed dialogue where Freddie was crushing on Carly obsessively. We started to see their dynamic mature after that.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

I could also have added Carly's "lip gloss blend" from the start of iOwe You, oh how much better they could have made that Creddie moment after Freddie said he wanted a taste...

Another kind-of-favourite for me actually comes from iBloop: in iRTV, when Freddie rigs the TV in the studio to swing out faster, in the episode as it was aired Carly simply walks to stand next to him by the tech cart. In the iBloop scene, where the TV isn't swinging out properly, she practically skips to his side and stands very close to him.

There's a fair few Creddie takes on episodes out there, perhaps that could be another list in the story links?

Last edited by dg31; 04-13-2012 at 12:36 AM
Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Bumping up the thread, wow these pages move fast.

Good idea for story links. Freddie wanting a taste, I remember that. That had some erotic overtones. I also remember in the Japan episode, when there was some remark about Carly getting curves, Freddie comments on it with a leer, and she slaps him. Then the receptionist asked if they were married or getting a room together or something like that.

Then the comment about Freddie saying he was going to be her second husband.

No new episode Sat, right?

Last edited by Venetia; 04-13-2012 at 12:25 PM
Old 04-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think you're confusing your memories - Carly DID slap him in iGTJ in response to the receptionist asking if they were honeymooning but iFight Shelby Marx was where Carly said
"I'm getting curvier by the day"
Freddie: "Yeah I noticed"
Carly: "Eyes up dude"

The 2nd husband line was, if memory serves, iSpy A Mean Teacher

No new iCarly tomorrow but there is a new Victorious ep
Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay, sorry. I said my memories of the older episodes were getting fuzzy. It is hard to keep track when I watch a lot of shows and ship a lot of pairings. I haven't watched the re-runs of iCarly from previous seasons in nearly two years. I guess I mixed those two moments up for some reason.

Wow, you are an expert on iCarly. You can be our honorary historian and fact-checker. I will probably mix things up sometimes.

I also liked every moment where Freddie got jealous of Carly being into another guy like Griffin or the character Austin Butler played or Shane. I also loved it when Freddie said he loved Carly when he was taking her side in an argument ( or pulling Sam's ponytail more) when she & Sam were fighting because of that whole t-shirt gift being exchanged for the concert tickets.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just have the advantage of Nick UK showing endless iCarly re-runs. You can almost watch iCarly and Victorious 24/7 between Nick and Nick Replay over here.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Is iCarly really popular in the UK? Do alot of the fandom ship Creddie over there?
What about the other Nick/Disney shows? I have always been curious about its international following.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not sure how popular iCarly is - certainly it's not as big as Hannah Montana (but that is nowhere near as big as it is in the US). For whatever reason iCarly has never been picked up by one of the major networks (it's only been shown on Nickelodeon's own channel as far as I'm aware, unlike HM, BTR, Victorious which have all been picked up by our major free-to-air commercial network ITV) so I don't think it has an enormous following (not least because I'm a teacher and have never heard the kids discussing it in class, unlike HM) but it must pull in the ratings on Nick otherwise they wouldn't show it as much as they do (typically 6-8 different eps per day so they show the entirity - excluding the feature-length eps and the two seasonal ones, iSOH and iChristmas - pretty much every fortnight). Equally I've no idea how the fanbase splits ship-wise.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread