Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

It's almost as crazy as not liking Hook!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

With Hook haters are damned if they do damn if they so in the words of Casey Musgraves the writers should whatever they want with Hook from what I seen its a good path
Old 07-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Agreed. It's a good, strong arc so far
Old 07-23-2014, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like a bit angsty the, Uhmm, morning after the incredible make out session, while walking with Mom .

source
Old 07-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was more than the usual people that got upset over the Star Wars thing but maybe that's just me. No matter what they do they can't please all the people all the time. I want them to tell their own story though. Hook and Emma are so epic they can only parallel other love stories so much, they need their own. I think we will see a lot of that this season.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks ruth_m!

Sorry, should have mentioned that I'm Mary

Awww, Hook looks like he wants to join in on the walk with the family.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Looks like a bit angsty the, Uhmm, morning after the incredible make out session, while walking with Mom .

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e02bbae8...c7qzo1_500.jpg

source
Yeah, I'm curious about this scene too... I can't decide if it looks good or bad.. on the one hand, she's smiling, but she also seems to be brushing him off a bit...

...and also I think they might have shot this scene a few times so there are a few different versions...

I just don't want this to seem like a one sided thing, or for Emma to continue to hold him at arms length in the public eye.

My brain is a jumbled mess right now.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 07-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
Yeah, I'm curious about this scene too... I can't decide if it looks good or bad.. on the one hand, she's smiling, but she also seems to be brushing him off a bit...

...and also I think they might have shot this scene a few times so there are a few different versions...

I just don't want this to seem like a one sided thing, or for Emma to continue to hold him at arms length in the public eye.

My brain is a jumbled mess right now.
It's like we're thinking the same thing!

I keep over analyzing these and thinking does it look like she's brushing him off? If Season 4 continues with Hook "chasing this woman" then it's going to erase her character development in the finale. I'm trying not to jump to conclusions!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I didn't even realize he was wearing sandals. (More focused on the fact that in that shirt you can see the outlines of his nipple area )
You're so funny. lol

I think sometimes there's a difference in the way someone acts around someone they're romantically interested in and the way they act with them around their parents. When Emma is with Hook in private, she'll probably be flirty and interested. I'm just not so sure that she'll be ready to take that public yet (especially with her parents), since it's so early in their relationship.

Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to say I don't necessarily think her behavior will be backsliding, maybe just more the awkwardness of trying to navigate having a new relationship and dealing with her parents... If that makes sense.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)

I think sometimes there's a difference in the way someone acts around someone they're romantically interested in and the way they act with them around their parents. When Emma is with Hook in private, she'll probably be flirty and interested. I'm just not so sure that she'll be ready to take that public yet (especially with her parents), since it's so early in their relationship.

Anyway, I guess I'm just trying to say I don't necessarily think her behavior will be backsliding, maybe just more the awkwardness of trying to navigate having a new relationship and dealing with her parents... If that makes sense.
Agreed ...

Especially since it's Snow ... she hasn't really bonded with Hook like Charming has ...
Old 07-23-2014, 12:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
Thanks ruth_m!

Sorry, should have mentioned that I'm Mary

Awww, Hook looks like he wants to join in on the walk with the family.
Nice to meet you Mary (I'm Ruth. Shocking, I know)

The picture - I think it definitely has to do with being by Snow, who is not a Hook fan. Yet. And maybe Emma is in the middle of telling her everything and making sense of it all and she's just surprised.

If she started brushing him off it would look even more suspicious, imo. I mean up until now once they became friends they were pretty much inseparable!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You're so funny. lol

I don't see it as a backslide either. Emma is unsure how to navigate and what are the expectations of the relationship. She may pause on confirming with her parents and they may not be happy at first, but that is too be expected.

Most importantly, this is the premiere episode. It sets up the entire season's theme and character arcs. So strictly speaking of CS, it will set up their "issue" which will work all season to resolution in the finale.

In season 3 on the Jolly Roger, Rumple asked Emma if she's ever took a leap of faith because she doesn't believe in her parents, herself or the FT family. She's accepted they were her biological parents, but not a homey Mom and Dad. That was her journey all season.

So whatever journey CS is on will be set in the Premiere. So there should be some angst, unsureness or whatever....they will work on it together and individual growth all season long.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Lets not talk about silly haters and waste our brain cells on them - LET IT GO

Also Emma has finally let that wall down, in the sense she has let him in now, so she wont backtrack from that turning point but there will be some issues, and this is Emma - she needs time, patience and much more and thats something even Hook knows

Also i posted this in Colin's thread in Once board

From tumblr

Hello everyone! So I’m currently in the process of putting together a scrapbook for miss JMo and the other night
I had an anon come to my ask and give me the idea of putting together one for Colin as well. And I loved the idea so much that
I’ve decided to go through with it! He absolutely deserves to know how much we all love and appreciate him,
and if that’s not enough to send in a submission, just picture his face if he got a book filled with a bunch of messages about
how much we all adore him and love what he’s done with his character. Picture it.

What I’m gonna need from everyone will be similar to what I’ve done in the past:

Read More Here -
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 07-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You're so funny. lol

You totally can though... That's all..

I'll find a better picture to illustrate this point later on...

I absolutely agree with you about the awkwardness of the new relationship. And I don't want Emma gushing or acting all helpless or immature with Hook around either, because that wouldn't be in character.

I just don't want it to seem like a one sided thing when its not.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 07-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
You totally can though... That's all..

I'll find a better picture to illustrate this point later on...

I absolutely agree with you about the awkwardness of the new relationship. And I don't want Emma gushing or acting all helpless or immature with Hook around either, because that wouldn't be in character.

I just don't want it to seem like a one sided thing when its not.
I think JMO said she expects character growth so I hope it's not backsliding but just navigating a new territory. She wants to see Emma vulnerable and not have sky-high walls up and a reason to smile more.

A&E did mentione the guilt because of the situation with Regina but I hope that it does not last very long.

I really hope this season is about Emma accepting she can have someone in her life who will love her. We've had seasons where she accepted Henry and her parents wholeheartedly. In S3, we saw a glimpse of that when she finally kissed Hook and I hope in S4, they explore Emma fully accepting Hook's love and showing it. I know it's a show about family but it seems like Emma's family issues have all been resolved by S3 and now it's about adding someone to that family that will complete it...her one true love.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread