Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Australia Royal Tour Itinerary and Timings

The times that we know so far. Massive thanks to @auscanucksarah for the information! Timings are all in Australia timings, N.B. Aus has more than one time zone.

Wednesday 16th April

Sydney

2/2.30pm Arrival to Sydney {George}

Sydney Opera House reception

Thursday 17th April

Blue Mountains

11.10am Blue Mountains and possible meeting with the Girl Guides

Friday 18th April

Sydney

10.45am Royal Easter Show

11.45am (ish) Bear Cottage Hospice

3.10pm Manly Beach

Saturday 19th April

Queensland

10.30am Australian Air Force base at Amberley

2pm Brisbane Convention Centre Reception

2.50pm Public walkabout

Sunday 20th April

Sydney

10.27am St Andrew’s Cathedral

1.55pm Taronga Zoo {George}

Monday 21st April

Canberra

Rest day

Tuesday 22nd April

Uluru

AM Ayer’s Rock

Night without George

Wednesday 23rd April

Adelaide

AM Northern Sound System, Elizabeth

Playford Civic Centre

Return to Canberra in late afternoon

Thursday 24th April

Canberra

AM National Portrait Gallery

Reception at Parliament House

PM National Arboretum

Reception hosted by Governor-General

Friday 25th April

Canberra

AM ANZAC Day March and Commemorative Service at the Australian War Memorial

Depart Defence Establishment Fairbairn, Canberra, for London
x

Old 04-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Banned

Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

The Cambridges waved goodbye at New Zealand's Wellington Airport today as they boarded a flight bound for Sydney.

Crowds greet William, Kate and baby Prince George as they arrive in Australia for ten day tour.

Crowds greet William, Kate and baby Prince George as they arrive in Australia for ten day tour | Mail Online
Old 04-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton) and Prince William board a Royal Australian Air Force plane with their eight-month-old baby boy Prince George at the Wellington Airport’s military terminal on Wednesday (April 16) in Wellington, New Zealand.

The royal family is off to Australia after spending a week and a half in New Zealand.

Earlier in the day, Will and Kate paid a visit to the Royal New Zealand Police College where they met some adorable little puppies. See the super cute photos below!

The day before, Kate played some cricket while wearing a pair of high heels. She sure is always staying chic!

FYI: Kate is wearing a Rebecca Taylor jacket and skirt.
Prince George Makes an Appearance After His Parents Play with Puppies! | Celebrity Babies, Kate Middleton, Prince George, Prince William : Just Jared

Prince George, Prince William, Kate Middleton Color-Coordinate in NZ - Us Weekly

Kate Middleton, Prince William Pose With Puppies in New Zealand - Us Weekly

Quote:

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton) changes into a bright yellow dress while making her way off the airplane after arriving at Sydney Airport on RAAF B737 on Tuesday (April 16) in Sydney, Australia.

The 32-year-old royal was joined by her husband Prince William and their eight-month-old baby boy Prince George, who also was wearing a new outfit!

The royal family will be spending a week and a half touring around the country and we can’t wait to see all the photos from their time there!

Earlier in the day, Will, Kate, and George were all seen catching a flight out of New Zealand.
Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George! | Celebrity Babies, Kate Middleton, Prince George, Prince William : Just Jared

Old 04-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

YAY! Finally, we got pix of William holding his son! How cute!!!!

YES!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 04-16-2014, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

Adorable

Sydney Opera House

Crowds greet William, Kate and baby Prince George as they arrive in Australia for ten day tour | Mail Online

Quote:

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Your Excellency, Sir Nicholas, Mr President, thank you for inviting me and Catherine this afternoon. There cannot be a more impressive place than the iconic Sydney Opera House to begin our first visit together to Australia. I know that New South Wales is a very special place, and Catherine and I are looking forward to seeing that for ourselves over the coming days.

My last visit to Australia – in 2011 – was at a sad and testing time for the nation. A cyclone followed by flooding had devastated lives and property in Queensland, and bush fires had ravaged the State of Victoria. I am sorry to return to find that, yet again, fellow Australians in north Queensland are coping with the aftermath of another destructive cyclone.

Australia has much to contend with at the moment: your contribution to the ongoing search for MH370 has earned respect in every quarter of the globe. Australia’s determined and leading role in the search is at the very edge of technological ability and human endurance.

You have also responded with great generosity in the past few days to the natural disaster afflicting the Solomon Islands, which is suffering dreadfully from floods and successive earthquakes. Australia has led the international response in a way that is testament to the strength of your partnerships with your neighbours, and the important role that Australia plays both regionally and globally.

This visit to Australia has been one that Catherine and I have been looking forward to for a long time. On my first visit here as an adult in 2010, I remember just how bowled over I was by Sydney: seeing the energy and diversity of this beautiful city, and understanding just how much Australia is the home of innovation, opportunity and possibility.

I was well prepared: the affection that my grandmother The Queen has for this nation is infectious.

Her Majesty spoke recently of how, since her first visit here sixty years ago, she has been privileged to witness Australia’s growing economy and flowering self-confidence.

For Catherine, Harry and me, born in the early 80s, we’ve never known anything else – Australia and Australians have always been for us a beacon of confidence, creativity in the arts and sporting ability.

Harry felt very honoured to be invited to the centenary Fleet Review in Sydney harbour last year; and I know how much my father enjoyed his visit here in honour of The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. My mother’s deep affection for Australia – which you were so kind to reciprocate – needs no reminder.

I don’t think I could finish these brief words to you without mentioning one other family member, George, who is now busy forging his own link with Australia. Catherine and I were very grateful for the many kind messages and gifts from across the country that we received when George was born. I suspect George’s first word might be ‘bilby’ – only because ‘koala’ is harder to say. We really look forward to our time here together as a family.

Australia is an inspiring place, as this amazing Opera House shows so vividly, and I know that a truly unforgettable few days lie ahead.
Thank you.

— William’s speech at the Sydney Opera House
x
Old 04-17-2014, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are spending the day in the Blue Mountains, to Sydney's west. They join a group of Girl Guides in planting a flowering gum, a native Australian tree, as a symbol of regeneration in the bushfire-affected area and they visit Echo Point, Katoomba and view the Three Sisters rock formation.

Duke of Cambridge gets a little too close to cliff at beauty spot in Australia after meeting victims of bushfires with Kate | Mail Online

Quote:

Diana had the greatest amount of love for simple people, and you can see that in both the Duke and Duchess. Diana would have been very proud of her daughter-in-law. I think the couple have a marriage made in heaven. To bring George to Australia like Diana did with William says a lot about this couple, and the way Prince William spoke about his mother publicly. I think that was beautiful, and that has given great strength to us that he chose to do so on his first day in Australia.

— Jennie Hall (a resident of the Blue Mountains who lost everything in the brush fires six months ago)
x
Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the pix!

They are such a beautiful family! It's amazing!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 04-17-2014, 04:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for all the pics & news!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

The Duke of Cambridge and Tony Abbot have a meeting at Admiralty House in Sydney, April 17th 2014.

Quote:

Kate told a girl at Echo Point today that Prince George was ‘cute but very, very loud’. Said he might scare the animals at Taronga Zoo!
x
Old 04-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

The Duke and The Duchess of Cambridge arrived at Sydney's Royal Easter Show on Good Friday in Australia.

Duchess of Cambridge suggests William should get himself an alpaca toupee to hide his thinning hair as pair meet Fred the bowing ram at Sydney's Royal Easter Show | Mail Online
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spent more than an hour at Bear Cottage in the beach suburb of Manly.

Quote:

In a speech at a children’s hospice, Kate has just thanked Australia for the warm welcome she and George have received.To be here together as a family has been very special and we will always remember it with fond and happy memories.
x

'I'm ready for a big sob,' admits emotional Kate after playing with seriously ill children and meeting their families at hospice in Sydney | Mail Online

The Duke and The Duchess visited Manly on Sydney's Northern Beaches.

Royal couple are mobbed on Manly beach as they meet world famous lifeguards | Mail Online

Quote:

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton) and Prince William make their way to the Royal Easter Show on Friday (April 18) at Olympic Park in Sydney, Australia.

The royals helped officially open a pavilion and then attended a sheep shearing display while celebrating Good Friday.

The couple was seen planting a tree while visiting a park the day before.

FYI: Kate is wearing a Zimmermann dress.
x

Last edited by Gio Gio; 04-18-2014 at 12:57 AM
Old 04-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Her look for Will

Her speech

Quote:
“During the visit Prince William met a nine-month-old named Max McIntyre, and the young baby reportedly reminded William of his son, Prince George. ‘I welled up and was really worried I would start crying,’ William later said.”
x

Old 04-19-2014, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Catherine arrive at Amberley Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Base, in Brisbane, Australia.

The Duchess of Cambridge sits in an F-18 fighter as she and Prince William take a tour of air force base in Queensland | Mail Online

Kate only has eyes for George at tea party at Admiralty House | Mail Online
Closed Thread   Post New Thread