Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

The Cambridges [William ♥ Catherine ♥ George] #6: Because they are a Royal Family now!

duke&duchess&prince; 6

"Over the years William has really looked after me.
He's treated me very well as the great, loving boyfriend he is"
"When I first met Kate I knew there was something very special about her."

ღ ღ ღ

The History and Timeline of Prince Wiliam and Kate Middleton

September 2001: William and Kate meet at the University of St Andrews in Scotland, where they both study art history.
March 2002: William pays £200 to watch Kate modelling a sheer black lace dress in a fashion show.
September 2002: They move into a student house with two other friends.
June 2003: Middleton attends William’s 21st birthday party. In a media interview, he insists that he does not have a girlfriend.
September 2003: William, Middleton and their flatmates move into a cottage.
December 2003: Pair believed to be a couple after she splits from her previous boyfriend.
March 2004: Pair photographed skiing together in Klosters, Switzerland.
June 2005: Couple attend the wedding of one of William’s friends.
June 2005: They graduate from St Andrews.
July 2005: Pair holiday at a Kenyan reserve owned by Craig’s parents.
January 2006: William is photographed kissing Kate in public for the first time during a skiing break in Klosters,, days before William begins his army training.
March 2006: Kate, without William, invited to the Royal Box at the Cheltenham Gold Cup horse race.
December 2006: Kate watches William graduate as an Army officer at Sandhurst, in the presence of his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II.
March 2007: William starts army training at Bovington Camp barracks, southwest England.
March 2007: On a night out with army pals, William poses for pictures with arms around girls in a nightclub near his barracks.
April 2007: Couple split, according to media reports.
June 2007: Both appear at the Concert for Diana, William’s mother, but sit two rows apart.
October 2007: Couple reportedly back together.
April 2008: Kate is at William Royal Air Force graduation ceremony, suggesting the couple's relationship is now permanent and has the approval of senior royals.
January 2010: Kate watches as William graduates on an advanced helicopter training course and receives his flying badge from the Prince of Wales.
February 2010: William says 'You'll have to wait a while yet' when asked about the prospect of a wedding.
October 2010: Couple get engaged in private during a holiday in Kenya.
November 16, 2010: The couple's engagement is announced by Clarence House, with marriage due to take place in 2011.
April 29, 2011: Prince William and Kate Middleton are finally married at Westminster Abbey.
December 3, 2012: Announce pregnancy after Kate falls ill with acute morning sickness.
July 22, 2013: Duchess gives birth to their son, George Alexander Louis.

ღ ღ ღ

The Engagement
- November 16, 2010 -

The Engagement Ring

Newly Engaged Prince William and Kate Face The Cameras
Prince William And Kate's First Interview Since Getting Engaged
Prince William & Kate Middleton: Wedding-Perfect Match

ღ ღ ღ

The Wedding
- April 29, 2011 -

The Wedding Ring

The Official Royal Wedding photographs

010203hq

The Royal Wedding Ceremony at Westminster Abbey
The Bishop of London's Sermon
Royal Wedding Coverage: William & Kate's Special Moments

ღ ღ ღ

The Royal Baby Announcement
- December 3, 2012 -

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby

ღ ღ ღ

The Royal Baby
- July 22, 2013 -
♥ Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge ♥

The Birth Document

The Duchess of Cambridge has been delivered of a son
Official Announcement: Royal Baby Boy Is Born
Royal Birth: leaving hospital
First Look: Prince William and his wife Kate leave hospital with their son

The Official Royal Baby photographs

ღ ღ ღ

The Royal Baby Christening
- October 23, 2013 -

ღ ღ ღ

The Royal Baby First Foreign Holiday
- Mustique - February 10, 2014 / February 16, 2014 -

Prince George in his first foreign holiday -

ღ ღ ღ

The Royal Baby First Royal Tour
- New Zealand and Australia - April 7, 2014 / April 25, 2014 -

April 7, 2014 - Day One: The Royal Family arrives in Sydney -
April 7, 2014 - Day One: The Royal Family arrives in Wellington -
April 9, 2014 - Day Three: Official Public Engagement for Prince George at Government House - -

April 16, 2014 - Day Ten: The Royal Family leaves New Zealand -
April 16, 2014 - Day Ten: The Roayal Family arrives in Sydney -
April 20, 2014 - Day Fourteen: The Royal family visits Taronga Zoo - -

April 20, 2014 - Day Fourteen: The Royal family arrives in Canberra -
April 21, 2014 - Day Fifteen: The Royal family enjoys a day off in Canberra -
April 25, 2014 - Day Nineteen: The Royal Family leaves Australia

Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince George's Royal Tour of New Zealand and Australia

ღ ღ ღ

shippers;
1♥ Gio Gio
2♥ Penrose
3♥ JellyBee
4♥ BA4eva
5♥ live-in-love
6♥ Lennie1984
7♥ goodbreakingbad
8♥ MiniAnneBoleynx8
9♥ guilty ones
10♥ julietta95
11♥ find something real
12♥ ~-Sarah-~
13♥ .: DoDs:.
14♥ Miss Fate
15♥ Swift2Potter
16♥ quin611
17♥ CarolineForbes
18♥ PaperGirl
19♥ Endless Obsession ♥
20♥ callieUK
21♥ Amy
22♥ Sternbetrachter
23♥ *~Sophia~*
24♥ Mavonne
25♥ tsforever
26♥ SaraSidleStokes
27♥ edun18
28♥ theresadawn
29♥ PAL Awesomeness!!!
30♥ niam
31♥ DiamondDreaming
32♥ Brucas4life
33♥ haydensgirl
34♥ Make A Wave
35♥ MelanieErdelyi
36♥ lipsticklullabies
37♥ LaBelleVie
38♥ Dance_Lovely
39♥ Laurababora
40♥ IluvChad18
41♥ sethamgal
42♥ redrose13
43♥ ~Phoenix~
44♥ foreverafter12
45♥ light me up
46♥ WhereverYouAre_
47♥ Songofjoy
48♥ ElenaBelle
49♥ ++Audrina++
50♥ KOUAT12
51♥ Jenny's Dimple
52♥ JaSam4Life
53♥ Christian'sKimberDoll
54♥ ladyelena
55♥ L i N d $ @ y
56♥ baelfire24
57♥ WeFoundLove
58♥ Jamie Choate

previous threads;
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 |
06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 |

future titles;
The Cambridges [William ♥ Catherine ♥ George] #6: Because they are a Royal Family now!

"I went to the school and put it to William, particularly, that if you find someone you love in life,
you must hang onto it, and look after it, and if you were lucky enough to find someone who loved
you
, then you must protect it."
~ Princess Diana

Last edited by Gio Gio; 04-25-2014 at 12:07 AM
Old 08-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with their son Prince George on People Magazine Cover

Prince William-Duke Of Cambridge
Old 08-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT!

EEP! I need to buy that.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 08-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot
By Vicky Smith - 12 Aug 2013 00:09

In another twist, the baby portraits are expected to be revealed in a tweet from Kensington Palace early next week

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are planning to use their own photographs with newborn Prince George as official portraits.

Kate will break with the tradition of using a celebrity snapper and choose from images taken by herself, sister Pippa and parents Carole and Michael Middleton.

The portraits will be the first photos to be released to the public since the tot left hospital.

A royal aide confirmed: “One of the options they are looking at is releasing a couple of family photos they have taken themselves.”

William and Kate, both 31, used respected Mario Testino for their official engagement pictures.

He had worked with Princess Diana for her Vanity Fair shoot in 1997.

However the new parents are keen not to disrupt three-week-old George’s routine with a formal shoot, so Kate is sifting through photos taken at the Middletons’ Berkshire home.

A source said: “Kate has a great eye for pictures and wants the first official ones of George to be natural and in a relaxed environment.”

In another twist, the baby portraits are expected to be revealed in a tweet from Kensington Palace early next week.

The couple have a busy schedule with Kate planning to join William at their Anglesey cottage next week.

William will be seen at his first official engagement since becoming a dad at the Anglesey Show on Wednesday.

He has been away from his family since his two-week RAF paternity leave ended as Kate opted to stay with her parents.

He spent the weekend on a stag do in Devon with friends including Guy Pelly.

Once William and Kate are back together with George in North Wales, they will finalise details of their trip to Balmoral, where Prince Philip will meet his great-grandson for the first time.

Philip travelled to Scotland yesterday before an engagement with the Royal Society of Edinburgh tonight. It will be his first outing since having abdominal surgery in June.

The duke, who has been convalescing at Sandringham in Norfolk, then plans to join the Queen for their annual summer break.

Baby George’s christening is expected to take place in October. His auntie Pippa is a favourite to be named as a godmother.
Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot - Mirror Online
Old 08-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Prince William catches a Hawk on his arm while on his first official engagement after the birth of his Royal Baby son Prince George at the Anglesey agricultural show held at Anglesey Showground on Wednesday (August 14) in Bangor, Wales.

The 31-year-old royal is stationed as a RAF rescue helicopter pilot in Anglesey.

“I thought search and rescue duties over Snowdonia were physically and mentally demanding but looking after a three-week old baby is right up there,” Prince William said in his speech to the crowd (via the BBC). “I know that I speak for Catherine when I say I have never in my life known somewhere as beautiful and welcoming as Anglesey. She and George would have loved to have been here. He’s pretty loud and of course extremely good looking.”

“Catherine and I look forward to returning again and again over the coming years with our family,” William concluded.
Prince William: Royal Baby Prince George is Extremely Good Looking! | Prince William : Just Jared
Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for all the latest news.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Prince George to travel to Australia on first royal tour, says Duke of Cambridge
The Duke of Cambridge has disclosed that he and the Duchess of Cambridge intend to take Prince George to Australia next year for his first royal tour.
By Gordon Rayner, Chief Reporter - 5:57PM BST 14 Aug 2013

He told two Australian tourists that he was “very hopeful” all three of them would travel Down Under, just as he did with his own parents the year after he was born.

As he bade an emotional farewell to the people of Anglesey, where he and the Duchess have had “our first home together”, he described his three-week-old son as “pretty loud but of course very good-looking”.

He also spoke for the first time about the couple’s plans for the future, confirming he will be leaving RAF Valley next month when “we have to move elsewhere”.

The Duke was visiting the Anglesey Show, a two-day agricultural event close to the rented farmhouse where he and the Duchess have lived for the past three years.

Speaking to Max and Maxine Davies, from Victor Harbour near Adelaide, he said: “George is doing really well, thank you. We are all very hopeful of coming to Australia next year.”

Mr and Mrs Davies, aged 77 and 75 respectively, said they were thrilled at the news.

“We are on holiday here and can't believe we got to talk to him. How wonderful that the family will come to Australia to visit,” Mrs Davies said.

The Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales, broke with tradition in 1983 by taking the baby Prince William with them to Australia on their first royal tour following their marriage.

Although there has been widespread speculation that the Duke and Duchess might follow suit, it is the first time the Duke has admitted plans are underway.

In a speech to the crowd, which he began in Welsh, he said: “Thank you, people of Anglesey. It is a great pleasure to be here. I am so proud to have lived on Anglesey, the Mother of Wales. I have even learned a little Welsh!

“My Welsh pronunciation is bad but it is slowly getting better, I hope.

“Catherine is sorry that she cannot be here today at the County Show, but she and George would have loved to have been here. He's pretty loud but of course very good-looking!

“I have to say that I thought search and rescue duties over Snowdonia were physically and mentally demanding, but looking after a three-week-old baby is up there!

“I know that I speak for Catherine when I say that I have never in my life known somewhere as beautiful and as welcoming as Anglesey.

“The views across the Menai Straits are undoubtedly among the most stunning in the British Isles. I know that both of us will miss it terribly when my search and rescue tour of duty comes to an end next month and we have to move elsewhere.

“From the bottom of my heart, thank you for making my wife and me so welcome when we arrived here, as you do thousands of visitors each year.

“This island has been our first home together, and it will always be an immensely special place for us both. Catherine and I look forward to returning again and again over the coming years with our family.”

A spokesman for the Duke said he had not been having formal lessons in Welsh, but asked Welsh-speaking friends to help him with his speech.

As he toured the show the Duke spoke to Joan Roberts, 70, from Carmel, North Wales, about his new duties as a father.

She said: "He told me that he hopes [George] will sleep through the night soon and I congratulated him. It was quite awesome really. It was really nice to see him because he has been living here for such a long time and it was the first time I have met him. It was really lovely.”

Later, the Duke judged a cattle show, where he spoke to Susan Heath, 56, and met her nine-month-old grandson, Andrew.

Mrs Heath, from Chester, said: "I said I hope he enjoys his son as much as I enjoy my grandson. And then he said 'That's the joy of being a grandparent - once you have had enough you can give them back!"'

An announcement on the Duke’s future career will be made in the next month, before his tour of duty at RAF Valley finishes in mid-September.
Prince George to travel to Australia on first royal tour, says Duke of Cambridge - Telegraph

Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Kate Middleton set to return to royal duties in September
By WENN.com

The Duchess of Cambridge, will return to official duties next month for the first time since the birth of her son Prince George of Cambridge.

The Duchess and her husband, Prince William, welcomed their first child on July 22 and the young family have since been staying with her family in Berkshire, England.

Prince William has made several public engagements since the birth while the duchess has remained out of the public eye, but she will join her husband at the Tusk Conservation Awards dinner held by bosses at charity Tusk Trust.

A Kensington Palace spokesman confirmed that the Duchess would be attending the glittering gala, saying the date was a "long-standing engagement".

The Prince, who is second in line to the throne, is a patron of the charity, which aims to protect wildlife across Africa, and has even lent his name to one of the awards - the Prince William Award for Conservation in Africa.

The prizegiving will take place at the Draycott Hotel in London on Sept. 12.
Canoe.ca | Kate Middleton set to return to royal duties in September | The Royals
Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Prince William interview: Future king talks fatherhood, baby George
By Max Foster and Nick Thompson, CNN
August 19, 2013 -- Updated 1232 GMT (2032 HKT)

"Prince William's Passion: New Father, New Hope" premieres on CNN on September 15 at 10:00 p.m. ET.

London (CNN) -- He may be the future king of Britain, but for now Prince George of Cambridge is just a little "rascal" according to his proud father Prince William.

Sitting in his garden at Kensington Palace on a warm summer day, the Duke of Cambridge, second in line to the British throne, told CNN that George is already quite a character in his first official interview since the birth in London on July 22.

"He's a little bit of a rascal, I'll put it that way," William told CNN's Max Foster. "He either reminds me of my brother or me when I was younger, I'm not sure, but he's doing very well at the moment."

"He's growing quite quickly actually. But he's a little fighter -- he wriggles around quite a lot and he doesn't want to go to sleep that much."

William said his wife Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, has been handling more of the night duties with baby George -- and admitted he's looking forward to going back to his job as a Royal Air Force search-and-rescue pilot in order to catch up on some much-needed sleep.

"Well, as a few fathers might know, I'm actually quite looking forward to going back to work (to) get some sleep. So I'm just hoping the first few shifts I go back I don't have any night jobs."

William, dressed casually in blue jeans and a polo shirt, laughed as he described the moment he and Catherine appeared on the steps at the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London to show baby George to the world for the first time.

Prince William said: "I think more shock was the feeling I felt, but I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine, about George that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him."

"As any new parent knows, you're only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything. It's nice that people want to see George -- I'm just glad he wasn't screaming his head off the whole way through," he said with a laugh.

Fathers around the world watched in disbelief as William, surrounded by hundreds of press photographers, deftly secured his son's car seat in the back of his vehicle on the first try -- but the prince admitted there was more than luck involved in the maneuver.

"Believe, me it wasn't my first time," William said, "and I know there's been some speculation about that. I had to practice, I really did -- I was terrified it was going to fall off or the door wasn't going to close properly."

While the pictures of William climbing behind the wheel and driving his young family home from the hospital may have reinforced perceptions that he'll bring a more modern approach to Britain's monarchy, the future king told CNN it was simply more about doing things his way.

He said: "I am as independent as I want to be, same as Catherine and Harry. We've all grown up differently to other generations and I very much feel if that I can do it myself, I want to do it myself."

"There are times where you can't do it yourself and the system takes over, or it's appropriate to do things differently. But I think driving your son and your wife away from hospital was really important to me."

While the future king may have prevailed on the issue of driving his family home, he says he was less successful at avoiding that hallowed tradition of new parenthood: changing the first diaper.

"I did the first nappy, it's a badge of honor," he joked. "I wasn't allowed to get away with that. I had every midwife staring at me, saying: 'You do it, you do it.'"

William told CNN that Catherine is doing "a fantastic job" with baby George and that his young family is now his priority.

The prince said last week that he will miss living on the Welsh island of Anglesey when his three-year tour as an RAF pilot there comes to an end next month.

"For me, Catherine and now little George are my priorities -- and Lupo," the prince said with a smile. Thankfully Lupo, the couple's Cocker Spaniel, seems to be on board with the new addition to the family.

"He's coping all right, actually. As a lot of people know who have got dogs and bringing a newborn back, they take a little bit of time to adapt, but he's been all right so far. He's been slobbering around the house a bit, so he's perfectly happy."

One of William's great passions is saving endangered species in Africa. He told CNN he wants George to experience the same Africa he saw as a young man and spark a passion for preserving the unique wildlife there, much as his father, Prince Charles, did with him.

"I'll have toy elephants and rhinos around the room," William joked. "We'll cover it in lots of bushes and things like that, make him grow up as if he's in the bush."

In the meantime, William said the possibility of his son carrying on the royal family's legacy in Africa isn't an immediate concern.

"At the moment, the only legacy I want to pass on to him is to sleep more and maybe not have to change his nappy so many times," he laughed.

And like any new mother or father, the future monarch said he was surprised and amazed by parenthood so far.

"The last few weeks for me have been a very different emotional experience, something I never thought I would feel myself. And I find, again it's only been a short period, but a lot of things affect me differently now."
Prince William interview: Future king talks fatherhood, baby George - CNN.com
Prince William: First Interview Since George’s Birth (Video) | Kate Middleton, Prince George, Prince William : Just Jared

Quote:
(CNN) -- PRINCE WILLIAM:

Uh, I think more shock and dauntingness was the feeling I felt (laughing), but it was, the thing is it's um, I think I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine about George that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him. As any new parent knows, you're only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything.

CNN'S MAX FOSTER:

You were comfortable there?

PRINCE WILLIAM:

Yeah, I felt, again it's, it's not somewhere I enjoy being, I know that the position I'm in that's what's required of me to do. And I think it's, you know, it's one of those things, I'm, you know, it's nice that people want to see George, so, you know -- I'm just glad he wasn't screaming his head off the whole way through (laughing).

MAX FOSTER:

That moment when you came out with the car seat. I mean, we had some warning that you might be doing that. Um, fathers around the planet will be cursing you for doing it so easily.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

(laughing) Believe me, it wasn't my first time. And I know there's been speculation about that. I had to practice, I really did. I was terrified that I was going to do some, you know, it was going to fall off or the door wasn't going to close properly. So, I had actually practiced with that seat, but only once before.

MAX FOSTER:

And your decision to drive off, I remember that moment as well. That was the most nerve-wracking thing for me, having my family in the car. But that was something that you were clearly determined to do.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

Well, it's, I, where I can be I am as independent as, as I want to be. And same as Catherine and Harry. We've all grown up, um, differently to other generations. And I very much feel if I can do it myself I want to do it myself. And there are times when you can't do it yourself and the system takes over or it's appropriate to do things differently. But, I think driving your son and your wife away from, from hospital was really important to me. And I don't like fuss so it's much easier to just do it yourself.

MAX FOSTER:

And you didn't stall.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

I didn't stall, well it's an automatic so it's alright

MAX FOSTER:

The interpretation of the imagery we saw there, which went around the world was that this was a modern monarchy and a new way of monarchy, but was it that? We reading too much into it? Is it just you doing it your way? You and your wife doing it your own way?

PRINCE WILLIAM:

I think so, and I'm just doing it the way I know this, you know, if it's the right way then brilliant, if it's not, if it's the wrong way then I'll try to do it better , but...no I just, I'm quite...I'm reasonably headstrong about what I believe in, and what I go for, and I've got fantastic people around me who give me great support and advice.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

Well, yeah -- he's a little bit of a rascal, put it that way. So he either reminds me of my brother or me when I was younger. I'm not sure. But, um he's uh, he's uh, he's doing very well at the moment. He's, he does like to keep having his nappy changed, and--

MAX FOSTER:

Did you do the first nappy?

PRINCE WILLIAM:

I did the first nappy, yeah. Exactly.

MAX FOSTER:

A badge of honor.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

A badge of honor, exactly. I wasn't allowed to get away with that. I had every midwife staring at me, going "You do it. You do it". // But, uh, no, he's, he's a little, he's growing quite quickly actually. But he's a little fighter. He kind of, he wriggles around quite a lot. And he doesn't want to go to sleep that much, which is a little bit of a problem. But he's-

MAX FOSTER:

So you're up a at night, you're pretty tired.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

A little bit. Not as much as Catherine. But, um, you know, she's doing a fantastic job.

MAX FOSTER:

How is she? Okay?

PRINCE WILLIAM:

Yes, very well, yeah.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

For me, Catherine, and now little George are my priorities. And Lupo. Um, and so-

MAX FOSTER:

I was going to ask you about Lupo. How's Lupo coping?

PRINCE WILLIAM:

He's coping all right, actually. As a lot of people know who have got dogs and bringing a newborn back, they take a little bit of time to adapt, but, no he's been all right so far. He's been slobbering sort of around the house a bit, so he's perfectly happy.

MAX FOSTER:

And how are you about going back to work?

PRINCE WILLIAM:

Well, as a few fathers might know, I'm actually quite looking forward to going back to work (laughs).

MAX FOSTER:

Get some sleep.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

Get some sleep. Exactly, yeah. So I'm just hoping the first few shifts I go back I don't have any night jobs --

MAX FOSTER:

You talked about your father possibly whispering quietly in your ear as he --

PRINCE WILLIAM:

Sweet nothings

MAX FOSTER:

-- as a young boy. Are you going to do the same for Prince George because it's such, it's a cause that you care so deeply about. Would you like him to pick up on it?

PRINCE WILLIAM:

Probably. At this rate I'll probably whisper sweet nothings in his ear. I'll have toy elephants and rhinos around the room. We'll cover it in sort of, you know, lots of bushes and things like that. Make him grow up as if he's in the bush.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

At the moment, the only legacy I want to pass on to him is to sleep more and maybe not have to change his nappy quite so many times.

PRINCE WILLIAM:

I think the last few weeks for me have been just a very different emotional experience. Something I never thought I would feel myself. And I find, again it's only been a short period, but a lot of things affect me differently now.
CNN's Prince William interview: The full transcript
Old 08-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Here's one grandpa took! First official royal baby portrait taken by Kate's dad (but sorry Mr Middleton, Snowdon you ain't)
By Rebecca English Royal Correspondent
PUBLISHED: 23:00 GMT, 19 August 2013

A future king sleeps peacefully in the arms of his doting mother in a family snapshot... taken by his grandfather.

Previous royal heirs, Prince William included, have had their first official portraits taken by society legends such as Sir Cecil Beaton and Lord Snowdon.

But Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge owes his to a humble ‘point and shoot’ wielded by Kate’s father, Michael Middleton.

And the setting? The Middletons’ sun-dappled back garden in Berkshire, with family pets Lupo and Tilly even getting in on the act.

The finished result may have charm but is technically poor and lacks the gravitas of previous official photographs, according to experts.

Critics will also no doubt seize on Mr Middleton’s decision to break the cardinal rule of photography – shooting into the light.

But according to celebrity photographer Brian Aris, the snapshots are ‘refreshing’.

He told the Mail: ‘It’s an unusual decision but perhaps reflects the young approach that Prince William wants to bring to bear.

‘The decision to take them in such an informal manner means they, perhaps, lack the level of gravitas that would normally be expected.

'But on the whole I would say this is quite refreshing.’

He added: ‘Taking a professional portrait of a young baby is quite an intrusive procedure, given the lighting and strobes you would need.

‘So perhaps they have had the right idea after all. It’s just a different approach and the images are rather charming.’

Kensington Palace said the photographs were taken with an inexpensive camera in early August while the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were staying with internet millionaires Carole and Michael Middleton at their £4.8million Berkshire mansion.

Both photos show the couple posing with George, who is swaddled in the same shawl by Nottinghamshire firm G H Hurt and Son Ltd that he left hospital in.

Kate is wearing a £46 fuchsia-coloured knot front dress by maternity wear firm Seraphine, but appears to have shed a great deal of her baby weight.

William is casually dressed in a blue checked shirt, tucked into jeans, and his favourite African-style belt.

Both look a little baggy-eyed due to lack of sleep – the prince more than his wife – but are clearly overjoyed at being parents to a beautiful, healthy baby boy.

Given the illustrious history of royal family portraits, the Cambridges' decision to use one of proud grandpa Mike's happy family snaps is a startling break with tradition.

According to well-placed sources, the decision was very much William’s and Kate’s.

It is understood the couple were keen ‘not to burst the happy little family bubble’ they have existed in at the Middleton family home since George’s birth.

‘They are a young couple who have just had their first baby and are enjoying time as a family together but, of course, there has been huge demand from the public to see some official photographs of Prince George,’ said an aide.

‘It seemed perfectly natural to them to pose for a few nice family snapshots which they could then issue. It [the Middleton family home] is just where they feel happy and most comfortable.’

The Mail also understands the couple were keen to take the wind out of the sails of the huge international market for unofficial paparazzi pictures of George by releasing their own as soon as possible.

The way they were - classy but a bit dull

The first official portrait of Prince Charles is a study in royal portraiture.

Taken by legendary English photographer, Sir Cecil Beaton, the image of the Queen gazing at her son was shot at Buckingham Palace in December 1948 when he was just a month old.

Fast-forward more than 30 years, and a startled-looking Prince William is introduced to the world by the Queen’s brother-in-law Lord Snowdon, another celebrated photographer.

Although more relaxed, the photo is still a formal portrait of a future king, proudly showing off the next generation of the family line.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s decision to use one of Mike Middleton’s happy family snaps is thus a substantial break with tradition.

According to sources, the decision was very much William and Kate’s. ‘It’s where they feel happy and most comfortable,’ said an aide.

They went on to explain that the pictures were a mark of thanks for the privacy they had been given after the birth.

‘They asked the media to give them some time as a family and the British media have done that,’ they said.

Quote:
PARTY PIECES TIPS MICHAEL MIDDLETON CAN'T HAVE READ...

Kate Middleton’s father ignored photography advice on his own website when he took the first snaps of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with Prince George.

The Party Pieces website tells amateur photographers to ensure ‘natural light is behind you’ when taking pictures at family occasions.

But in his images of the couple with the newborn prince, Mr Middleton pictured them with the sun behind them, casting their faces into shadow.

Other advice on the site includes dressing children so their outfits don’t clash and using ‘toilet humour’ to make them laugh.

As the photographer, Michael Middleton is automatically entitled to copyright of the image under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act.

But last night it emerged that he has already handed over ownership of the pictures.

This means he won’t be entitled to any money when they are printed – and Kate and William will be able to control their use.
First official royal baby portrait of Prince George with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge taken by Kate's dad | Mail Online

He's a little rascal just like Harry: Besotted and unstuffy, William on how George has changed him | Mail Online

10 Best Celeb Quotes This Week

Last edited by Gio Gio; 08-20-2013 at 08:03 AM
Old 08-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for all the news. I love the official photo with Prince George.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

A little late, but thanks for the new thread!

Love the family portraits!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 08-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

I was in London for a trip I found so many cute things about the Royal baby. Amazing

Duchess of Cambridge goes shopping: who's holding the baby? - Telegraph
Closed Thread   Post New Thread