Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Best Love Scene

I just about love every kind of love scene when it comes to romantic couples. Except if it's more to do w/ erotica than anything else l.o.l.
But my favorite ones are....

Jack&Rose-in the car it's steamy and it's passionate. They were both young and it was all too soon before the ship would sink...

Achilles&Briseis-tent. ... .... .... ..... ....I can't....I just can't, I'm sorry. whew!

yours?
dark noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hmmm...
I have several twisted ones, I guess.

One of my favorites would have to be Billy Bob Thornton and Hallie Berry from Monsters Ball. It's not the most romantic. And, yet, in a way, it really is. There's something heartbreaking and searing about these two people, who really don't exist in each other's worlds except to circle the periphery, warily, coming together in such a crash of heat, grief, pain and comfort. It kind of went on longer than was comfortable to watch but I think there was a purpose to that. It was supposed to be a bit uncomfortable.

I also really like the love scene from Secretary between James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal. After all the kinky but low key S&M stuff that went on, to have the final love scene be so gentle and tender and quiet was rather refreshing and totally romantic.

And then, well, I can't really think of a specific movie right now, but I always love love scenes with Ewan McGregor. Not just because he's really hot but because he seems to really loose himself in the moment. Not to say that he's really into these women or that he wants to sleep with all of them, or anything. But he is one of those actors that I can really respect because he has no fear. When he plays a love scene he plays ALL of the aspects of it. The passion of the moment but also the slightly embarrasing aspects of being so caught up in it.
He's just phenominal at that.

Oh wait --I have to add one more. It's a tv love scene but I think it is definately one of the hottest and simultaneously most moving love scenes I've ever seen.
That would be the "Smashed" love scene between Buffy and Spike in Buffy. That was a scene that drew you in a hundred emotionally exhausting different directions. Building on the anger and fury first and then, crashing into this need and hunger they had for each other that seamlessly flowed from their anger. Because that was what they always had been to one another. Rivals, enemies, but in the end, very similar creatures.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike and Buffy Hands Down!
They brought the Building down!

Pacey and Joey Most romantic and passionate!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

I loved the whole Dawson and Joey scene, mostly the morning after, it was so sweet. He brought her a white rose, and its a $500 fine to pick one of them, lol. Then he told her she looked beautiful. I also loved the whole scene in 601, the parts leading up to the kiss, and then the actual kiss. To adorable.

I also loved the Titanic scene between Jack and Rose. They were steamy.

Brighter Than Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Absolute Fan

I'd have to say Noah and Allie in The Notebook!! Woah, that was HOTT!!!
TrishaLyn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Noah and Allie (The Notebook ) - It Was Passionate and Full Of True Love Which Is The Way It Should Be. I Loved the Kiss In The Rain. I Have a thing for Kisses in the Rain

Jack and Rose (Titantic) - In The Car. It Was Really Steamy and once again Full Of Love. All I Wish is that they could of been together longer then what they did. It's to depressing to think about

Buffy and Spike - Smashed. That Was HOT. They Brought a building down with all the passion they had for eachother and they let it all out in one huge make - out session. I Just Wish they showed more lol. I Wouldn't say love it was more lusty. But you can see the love in S7

Pacey and Joey - I'd Say The Most Romantic Love Scene. On a Cold Winters Night Fire In The Fireplace Just The Two Of Them Together. It Was Sweet and Passionate =)

..Umm Thats All I Can Think Of Right Now
Old 10-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dawson and Joey
Noah and Allie
Jack and Rose
Buffy and Angel
Old 10-04-2004, 02:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Pacey and Joey

Best love scene I have ever seen.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Pace & Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:15 PM
Total Fan

Dawson and Joey.that was so beautiful.The morning after was the best scene i've ever seen.Every single second was full of love and sweetness.

Buffy/Angel that was also great.

Achilles/Briseis - Just one word. *Passion*
Old 10-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jack and Rose- Flying scene

Dawson/Joey/ first kiss scene

Pacey/joey- shaving scene in castways

Max/liz: graduation.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Uhhh...
This sounds kinda strange but I liked the one that Buffy dreamed of between her and Angel in "Innocence" (season 2). I thought the fade-in and fade-out of the scene, as well as focusing on just one part of them at a time (Like hands, faces, etc.) and the music in the back was just amazing. It wasn't like "hot" or anything... just really artistic and beautiful, I thought.
Yep, lol. Does this count?

Actually is this the same as the actual one? Because I never saw the actual love scene.

Last edited by icecrystals; 10-09-2004 at 02:11 PM
icecrystals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 03:50 AM
Loyal Fan

For me it's Angel and Buffy...

The shots are really good...

Flashes of skin and touches...

Erotic and dark...
Old 10-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Pacey and Joey (DC) --

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
glory fades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only on I can think of now is Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie in "Don't Look Now". It's a classic, a very graphic sex scene intercut with them getting ready for a night out. Steven Soderbergh did an homage to it in "Out of Sight" with George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez.

Anyone know which one I'm talking about?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh geez, I got a few.

Of the more romantic ones:

Baby and Johhny in Dirty Dancing - just after my favorite lines of the movie. Then... "Will you dance with me?" And Patrick Swayze...

Sebastian and Annette in Cruel Intentions - probably one of the first, love scenes I saw besides DD. Just beautiful.

Louden and Carla in Vision Quest - may not be much, but with Madonna's "Crazy For You" playing in the background, how can you not love it?

And for some, steamier ones:

Buffy and Spike in "Smashed" - when I first saw this, it was online and a clip of only the love scene. I was totally blown away. And fell in love with it.

Connie and Paul in Unfaithful - first the, well, the first time they did it, then when they did it against the stall in the bathroom, then another time at his place and then in the hallway elsewhere, the movie theatre once... So sexy... you need a cig after watching it all... and Diane Lane is just amazing.
Reply   Post New Thread