Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2015, 10:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Bass & Charlie #5:"Charlotte, it's nice to finally meet you. I'm General Sebastian Monroe."

Welcome to the 5th
Charlie/Monroe thread

fans
1. walking with spiders
2. Musicchild
3. severalmiles
4. Lutesse
5. PerfectAngel
6. ~MelBelle~
7. aelita
8. mariem201
9. Nici Dawson
10. - Nina -
11. Scorpio1080
12. KeepThisaSecret
13. Jasonsgurl310
14. Annie-Day10♥'
15. MrsDeanWinchester
16. soapyjoes
17. chiarrai87
18. collide
19. neon-tiger
20. hlgreenie
21. Trowells
22. lynaem
23. Charloe
24. Leelala
25. Against_all_odds
26. AllyOop
27. CandyStars121
28. Spacebabe
29. xlennie
30. priya1008
31. Charlie_Monroe fan
32. cherylleigh
33. ring of fire
34. saprater
35. k731
36. Vikram Phalange
37. IceonFire7
38. tina_falls
39. deedee86
40. Famu
41. ThereYoullBe
42. VampFan10
43. LemonSupreme
44. wildirish
45. twilightfan14
46. I'mLuvinMyThesaurus
47. Jamieizskye
48. mlreeve1
49. RandiPandi88

honorary shippers
1. David Lyons
2. Tracy Spiridakos
3. Ely Gould
4. Duncan Page
5. Elizabeth Mitchell
6. Ryan Hooks, afterbuzz TV
7. Megan Thomas, afterbuzz TV
8. Francesca Dugan, afterbuzz TV
9. Tracy's aunt in Winnipeg
10. Rockne O'Bannon (on probation)

x

David & Tracy

future titles
"It would be kinda funny and maybe add an interesting layer to the group dynamic"
"In this season so far Monroe had a very interesting chemistry with Charlie. There was definitely a spark, as impossible as that might sound."
"Never give up hope" - Rockne S. O'Bannon
"You’re way better than he deserves." - Duncan
"The Charlie/Monroe scenes are ... always so electric. Those two have such intensity between them that it toys with Charlie's morals in a very dangerous, but exciting way."

Artwork of the Moment

x

Scenes of the Moment

XX

previous board threads
001 002 003 004 005
006 007 008 009 010

previous threads
OP design and artwork by Nelly.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey I'm over here now..

Now that we have our shiny new link I'm afraid Ice and Thessie that I really need to head for bed. I didn't realize what time it was and I work early, so I will talk to you ladies on Sunday for rewatch or Tuesday for BC...Have a fantastic week!!!
Old 04-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Extreme Fan

The best/funniest part of the whole Charloe bit to me was just the idea of Bass winding up as Rachel/Miles' son in law.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Hey I'm over here now..

Now that we have our shiny new link I'm afraid Ice and Thessie that I really need to head for bed. I didn't realize what time it was and I work early, so I will talk to you ladies on Sunday for rewatch or Tuesday for BC...Have a fantastic week!!!

Hey, Ladyhawke, good night. Talk to you Sunday!

Thessie, you still around?

Here's our link back to the OLD thread if we need it. Don't click here unless you need to go over to the old Charloe thread for some reason.

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/bass-cha.../#post81286515
Old 04-28-2015, 11:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm finally here! Thanks for the shiny new thread Icicle!

Good night LadyH!

The idea of Rachel and Miles as Bass's in-laws is a smile-inducing thought!

What are your hopes for the comics Icicle? Basic hopes or even faint-worthy ideas?

Here's the list of Incomplete fics I keep dragging with me everywhere. I'll take off any stories that get updated and add any we nominate/find. Another one was updated this last week...let me know if I've missed any!

Charloe Fics We Would Love to See Updated
In Name Only - Corycides
A New Big Bad Always Follows the Last - whynotitsfun
You Won't See Me Fall Apart - Quentanilien
Variables - SciFiDVM
It's Like a Story of Love - missdee1986
White Rabbit - immortalpen
The Devil Inside - Elka Lynne
Pilots of the Storm - JaqofSpades
Why She Followed - Forever Amberlie
Season 3 - gwrageddnc
Hiatus - dvpdvpdvp
Finding Each Other in New Vegas - LemonsAreSweet
A Fine Line Between Love and Hate - LemonsAreSweet
Love Games - DevynQ
Keep Your Enemies Closer - Gizzi1213
REVOLUTION: Three - Ameliaflux
Lucky Ones - Ameliaflux
The Chase - Camayane
Unmasking - Nyxie (Tumblr)
It's All a Blur Last Night - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Things Worth Dying For - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Girl Versus World - Nyxie (Tumblr)
The Seven Descents of Charlie Matheson - AvaRosier (Removed from AO3)
The Rescuers - Delylah
Crazy Train - Delylah
Matheson Republic - RedHummingbird
Savin' Me - Nativemoon95
Betrayal - PleasantlyInsanePerson
Reunions and Revelations - LizAna
Proof of Worth - LizAna
The Growth of Hope - newbie92
The Gift of Time - asweetdeception
She Belongs to Fairy Tales - Vampgirl620
What's Happening? - ShyRomantic
Brilliance - LaLaGirl33
Insanity - headoverhook
Second Chances - Crystal Jean
Dead Men Are Heavier Than Broken Hearts - Tengwar
Just Mine, Charlotte - ambrown1022
Project Black Momba - kkurtenbach5
Coming to Terms - kkurtenbach5
Walls Tumbling Down - kkurtenbach5
The Reluctant Savior - LLCoyote
Not So Damaged - Dark-Dragon-Fallen-Angel
Seeing Past the Past - savethesharks1
Escaping with Him - Chipyluna

Last edited by ILuvMyThesaurus; 05-31-2015 at 11:02 AM
Old 04-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
I'm finally here! Thanks for the shiny new thread Icicle!

Good night LadyH!

The idea of Rachel and Miles as Bass's in-laws is a smile-inducing thought!

What are your hopes for the comics Icicle? Basic hopes or even faint-worthy ideas?

Here's the list of Incomplete fics I keep dragging with me everywhere. I'll take off any stories that get updated and add any we nominate/find. Another one was updated this last week...let me know if I've missed any!

Charloe Fics We Would Love to See Updated
In Name Only - Corycides
Find Yourself on Bridges Across Time - whynotitsfun
A New Big Bad Always Follows the Last - whynotitsfun
You Won't See Me Fall Apart - Quentanilien
Variables - SciFiDVM
It's Like a Story of Love - missdee1986
White Rabbit - immortalpen
The Devil Inside - Elka Lynne
Pilots of the Storm - JaqofSpades
Why She Followed - Forever Amberlie
Season 3 - gwrageddnc
Hiatus - dvpdvpdvp
Finding Each Other in New Vegas - LemonsAreSweet
A Fine Line Between Love and Hate - LemonsAreSweet
Love Games - DevynQ
Keep Your Enemies Closer - Gizzi1213
Blood & Lust - Beboppin' Betty
REVOLUTION: Three - Ameliaflux
Lucky Ones - Ameliaflux
The Chase - Camayane
Unmasking - Nyxie (Tumblr)
It's All a Blur Last Night - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Things Worth Dying For - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Girl Versus World - Nyxie (Tumblr)
The Seven Descents of Charlie Matheson - AvaRosier (Removed from AO3)
The Rescuers - Delylah
Crazy Train - Delylah
Matheson Republic - RedHummingbird
Savin' Me - Nativemoon95
Betrayal - PleasantlyInsanePerson
Reunions and Revelations - LizAna
Proof of Worth - LizAna
The Growth of Hope - newbie92
The Gift of Time - asweetdeception
She Belongs to Fairy Tales - Vampgirl620
What's Happening? - ShyRomantic
Brilliance - LaLaGirl33
Insanity - headoverhook
Second Chances - Crystal Jean
Dead Men Are Heavier Than Broken Hearts - Tengwar
Just Mine, Charlotte - ambrown1022
Project Black Momba - kkurtenbach5
Coming to Terms - kkurtenbach5
Walls Tumbling Down - kkurtenbach5
The Reluctant Savior - LLCoyote
Not So Damaged - Dark-Dragon-Fallen-Angel
Seeing Past the Past - savethesharks1
Escaping with Him - Chipyluna

My hopes for the comics? Lots of Charloe, no Bachel and either Miles, Charlie or Bass putting a bullet through Tom Neville's head. Probably none of those things will happen. I think the thing that would bug me the most would be any inclusion of Bachel that goes beyond mentioning Philly in a past tense. I don't want it; I don't want to see ANYTHING about it because I hate it SO very much. If they sort of drop the relationship thing for everyone and just focus on ending the Patriots and dealing with the Nano, I can live with that. If the Charloe is super ambiguous, I can live with that too. But if there's Bachel, I'm going to hate those comics with a fiery passion.

How about you?
Old 04-28-2015, 11:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA...again...lol I got sick again and then on top of that the kids schedules have all changed and now bedtime routine has changed and it's taken a few days to get it all figured out.
Anywho...Sorry I missed BC this week and I'll definitely try to be here next week
Old 04-28-2015, 11:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandiPandi88 (View Post)
Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA...again...lol I got sick again and then on top of that the kids schedules have all changed and now bedtime routine has changed and it's taken a few days to get it all figured out.
Anywho...Sorry I missed BC this week and I'll definitely try to be here next week
Hey, Randi, glad to know you're OK. We've missed you. Hope you can get back here next week
Old 04-29-2015, 12:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Have you been keeping up with 'Marks on the Wall'? It's getting so good! It's been a bit quiet lately in the fickery world, but that's one of my favorite stories being updated currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
My hopes for the comics? Lots of Charloe, no Bachel and either Miles, Charlie or Bass putting a bullet through Tom Neville's head. Probably none of those things will happen. I think the thing that would bug me the most would be any inclusion of Bachel that goes beyond mentioning Philly in a past tense. I don't want it; I don't want to see ANYTHING about it because I hate it SO very much. If they sort of drop the relationship thing for everyone and just focus on ending the Patriots and dealing with the Nano, I can live with that. If the Charloe is super ambiguous, I can live with that too. But if there's Bachel, I'm going to hate those comics with a fiery passion.

How about you?
You pretty much summed up everything I feel about the comics. My dream situation would be flat out Charloe. I would be happy with some banter and flirting, or at the very least, sharing scenes, conversation, and interaction. I'd take just leaving relationships out of it completely. Of course I don't want any of my faves to die, although I wouldn't cry that hard if it was someone other than Charlie, Bass, and Miles. I'm hoping Connor stays gone and I don't want any repeat of Charlie/Connor ish if he does make a reappearance. It would be nice for Neville to die, but I'd be happy enough for it to be offscreensville or just ignored, as I don't like the man. I absolutely do not want Bachel at all. I don't think I even want to have that night in Philly explained. I just want to forget it ever existed. I don't want any yucky, lovey-dovey Riles, but if it means no Bachel, I could stomach it, or just ignore it. I want Charlie and Bass (and Miles if he's away from Rachel) off doing stuff, having a good share of the storyline, without Charlie being shunted aside. It would be nice to see the nano taken care of, but not eating the story like it did on the show. Aaron, eh, I don't care too much. The end of the Patriots would be nice. I'd also like to have some idea of where everyone is headed for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandiPandi88 (View Post)
Hey Randi! That stinks that you're sick, feel better soon, we'll see you next week!
Old 04-29-2015, 12:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Have you been keeping up with 'Marks on the Wall'? It's getting so good! It's been a bit quiet lately in the fickery world, but that's one of my favorite stories being updated currently.

You pretty much summed up everything I feel about the comics. My dream situation would be flat out Charloe. I would be happy with some banter and flirting, or at the very least, sharing scenes, conversation, and interaction. I'd take just leaving relationships out of it completely. Of course I don't want any of my faves to die, although I wouldn't cry that hard if it was someone other than Charlie, Bass, and Miles. I'm hoping Connor stays gone and I don't want any repeat of Charlie/Connor ish if he does make a reappearance. It would be nice for Neville to die, but I'd be happy enough for it to be offscreensville or just ignored, as I don't like the man. I absolutely do not want Bachel at all. I don't think I even want to have that night in Philly explained. I just want to forget it ever existed. I don't want any yucky, lovey-dovey Riles, but if it means no Bachel, I could stomach it, or just ignore it. I want Charlie and Bass (and Miles if he's away from Rachel) off doing stuff, having a good share of the storyline, without Charlie being shunted aside. It would be nice to see the nano taken care of, but not eating the story like it did on the show. Aaron, eh, I don't care too much. The end of the Patriots would be nice. I'd also like to have some idea of where everyone is headed for the future.

Hey Randi! That stinks that you're sick, feel better soon, we'll see you next week!

I have been keeping up with Marks, and I really love it. But now Charlie is gone off to Georgia and I can't wait for her and Bass to see one another again.

Oh, and one other thing I want for the comic....I don't want the power to come back on. I guess in my head, I want to believe that the little Revo world will continue somewhere off in the world of make-believe. Like tomorrow, Bass will get up (preferably beside Charlie), go get into some ridiculous trouble with Miles and all three will have a few beers the next night. Revo still going in some fictional place where all stories continue. So, no, I REALLY don't want the power back. Does that make any sense?
Old 04-29-2015, 12:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I have been keeping up with Marks, and I really love it. But now Charlie is gone off to Georgia and I can't wait for her and Bass to see one another again.

Oh, and one other thing I want for the comic....I don't want the power to come back on. I guess in my head, I want to believe that the little Revo world will continue somewhere off in the world of make-believe. Like tomorrow, Bass will get up (preferably beside Charlie), go get into some ridiculous trouble with Miles and all three will have a few beers the next night. Revo still going in some fictional place where all stories continue. So, no, I REALLY don't want the power back. Does that make any sense?
It stinks she and Bass are separated for awhile, but at least she's taking a train, so she'll get there and back again a lot faster. I do wonder if she's going to have some trouble in Atlanta, with her Mom or something happening or maybe not being allowed to leave again. The tension between Charloe is skyrocketing and that last chapter, so good! I want her back with Bass again, soon.

I like the Revo world without power. If it came back on eventually in the future or after defeating the nano I would deal. I do prefer it without power though.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It stinks she and Bass are separated for awhile, but at least she's taking a train, so she'll get there and back again a lot faster. I do wonder if she's going to have some trouble in Atlanta, with her Mom or something happening or maybe not being allowed to leave again. The tension between Charloe is skyrocketing and that last chapter, so good! I want her back with Bass again, soon.

I like the Revo world without power. If it came back on eventually in the future or after defeating the nano I would deal. I do prefer it without power though.

I want her back with Bass again too. ASAP.

And I noticed there seemed to be a lull in the Charloe stories or updating. I think the comic has put a small dent in the fanfic world. I think people are really concerned with what's going to happen. To Charloe, whether our favorites will live or die. And it doesn't help that a lot of us don't trust the writers (especially the ones picked to do the comics). Not sure. If things go south in the comics, you can be certain that there will be a slew of new fics trying to fix what they've done, ala Charlie/Connor or the Bachel crap.

I guess we'll have to see what happens. I think the first comic comes out next Tuesday, am I right? Ooh, won't we have a lot to talk about at book club. Hehe.

Well, Thessie, I hate to wrap things up here, but I've been up since 5:30 AM and I am exhausted. I can't really keep my eyes open anymore, so I have to sleep now. Have you given anymore thought to the whole Twitter thing? We'd still love to have you for rewatches on Sundays.

Have a great week, and I hope all gets better with your family. At least you can have pizza as a pick-me-up...poor Irish. That sounds so tough. Alright, talk to you next week.

Good night!
Old 04-29-2015, 01:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I want her back with Bass again too. ASAP.

And I noticed there seemed to be a lull in the Charloe stories or updating. I think the comic has put a small dent in the fanfic world. I think people are really concerned with what's going to happen. To Charloe, whether our favorites will live or die. And it doesn't help that a lot of us don't trust the writers (especially the ones picked to do the comics). Not sure. If things go south in the comics, you can be certain that there will be a slew of new fics trying to fix what they've done, ala Charlie/Connor or the Bachel crap.

I guess we'll have to see what happens. I think the first comic comes out next Tuesday, am I right? Ooh, won't we have a lot to talk about at book club. Hehe.

Well, Thessie, I hate to wrap things up here, but I've been up since 5:30 AM and I am exhausted. I can't really keep my eyes open anymore, so I have to sleep now. Have you given anymore thought to the whole Twitter thing? We'd still love to have you for rewatches on Sundays.

Have a great week, and I hope all gets better with your family. At least you can have pizza as a pick-me-up...poor Irish. That sounds so tough. Alright, talk to you next week.

Good night!
I don't know much about the individual writers. I never really paid attention to it overmuch, so I don't remember all that much about them. I take it the grouping for the comics is not good for Charloe. Bummer. But, not all that surprising. Still, I'm going to hope for at least something good for Charloe, at the very least they have interaction, scenes, and dialogue.

That makes sense about the lull in fanfic...I hadn't thought about it that way. Either way, I hope the fickery picks back up again. Although I'd prefer not having to fix all sorts of awful crap...but I know if the fandom has to do it, it'll be wonderfully done. There are so many talented Charloe writers!

I don't even know where the comics are going to be, but I'll figure it out. And yes, next week should be interesting!

I've thought about it and if I do join I'd likely start at the beginning of the new season. You'll be coming up on the second season, won't you? I'll ponder it some more...

Things ended up okay with my sister, it's just one of those times where we're not meshing particularly well, lol. Good night Icicle, hope you have an awesome week, and we'll chat next BC!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello ladies...as you can see I have been here and posted already. Some of us from my soon to be closed work are getting together for dinner tonight, but I wanted to post this. I do plan on joining in when I get home, but not sure what time that will be. It might just be Ice, Thessie and maybe Irish left when I get home. I hope you all have had a wonderful week, and for those that I missed I hope your week is great. I will hopefully talk to you guys on Sunday for rewatch.
I would get into the whole comic book thing right now, but I am running out of time and I’m going to be late, but I’m sure I am not alone with my frustration . I will talk to you guys later.

How Monsters Fall In Love
thefoxandthealpha

I really enjoyed these two chapters, but I wish that there had been more written. I liked how Miles caught on to how Bass was treating her, but he figures Charlie hasn’t picked up on so he let it go. Of course Connor was being a putz Bass should be the one pretending to be with Charlie, but it should be real.

The Feeling is Mutual
By: lostinmysticfalls

I loved how Bass was trying to get Charlie to feel…to just let go and feel something. The problem is Bass is afraid too. Neither of them wants to get hurt, but Charlie realizes that life is too short to worry about what might happen.
I love at the end (after the yummy smut) when they are lying in the grass Charlie is looking up at the clouds…call me a hopeless romantic, but I kind of see Bass and Charlie as the clouds that move together to form one cloud, and Bass reaches for her hand and their finger wrap around each other. I know I’m a little sappy. I really loved this a lot.

Next Time
YoungWildThing

I actually remember when I read this, and I remember wanting there to be a next time. I know it was a one-shot, but I would have loved them getting closer while he was teaching her how to play. This was cute and gave me hope for the future, but I needed more.

March On
kathrynthegreat

I actually liked the little turn of events. Bass took over the Patriots and united the country with Charlie by his side. She seems fine with it although I think they should just get married politics be damned I mean they are about to have a kid. I wonder if Miles left because of Rachel’s self-righteous attitude, or if he was pissed that Bass and Charlie made things work this time. This was a different take on things I kind of wish that we could have gotten the story behind how it happened I think it would have been interesting.

Accidentally together
Tengwar

This was so sticking adorable….I love how they were little by little becoming more entangled with each other. They really need each other like it said….”As it turned out they both needed someone. They both needed something, private,secret and safe from the rest of the world.” I love that line and so true. I’m so happy that Charlie stood up to Miles, and told him to mind his own business and to stay out of theirs.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Hello ladies...as you can see I have been here and posted already. Some of us from my soon to be closed work are getting together for dinner tonight, but I wanted to post this. I do plan on joining in when I get home, but not sure what time that will be. It might just be Ice, Thessie and maybe Irish left when I get home. I hope you all have had a wonderful week, and for those that I missed I hope your week is great. I will hopefully talk to you guys on Sunday for rewatch.
I would get into the whole comic book thing right now, but I am running out of time and I’m going to be late, but I’m sure I am not alone with my frustration . I will talk to you guys later.

How Monsters Fall In Love
thefoxandthealpha

I really enjoyed these two chapters, but I wish that there had been more written. I liked how Miles caught on to how Bass was treating her, but he figures Charlie hasn’t picked up on so he let it go. Of course Connor was being a putz Bass should be the one pretending to be with Charlie, but it should be real.

The Feeling is Mutual
By: lostinmysticfalls

I loved how Bass was trying to get Charlie to feel…to just let go and feel something. The problem is Bass is afraid too. Neither of them wants to get hurt, but Charlie realizes that life is too short to worry about what might happen.
I love at the end (after the yummy smut) when they are lying in the grass Charlie is looking up at the clouds…call me a hopeless romantic, but I kind of see Bass and Charlie as the clouds that move together to form one cloud, and Bass reaches for her hand and their finger wrap around each other. I know I’m a little sappy. I really loved this a lot.

Next Time
YoungWildThing

I actually remember when I read this, and I remember wanting there to be a next time. I know it was a one-shot, but I would have loved them getting closer while he was teaching her how to play. This was cute and gave me hope for the future, but I needed more.

March On
kathrynthegreat

I actually liked the little turn of events. Bass took over the Patriots and united the country with Charlie by his side. She seems fine with it although I think they should just get married politics be damned I mean they are about to have a kid. I wonder if Miles left because of Rachel’s self-righteous attitude, or if he was pissed that Bass and Charlie made things work this time. This was a different take on things I kind of wish that we could have gotten the story behind how it happened I think it would have been interesting.

Accidentally together
Tengwar

This was so sticking adorable….I love how they were little by little becoming more entangled with each other. They really need each other like it said….”As it turned out they both needed someone. They both needed something, private,secret and safe from the rest of the world.” I love that line and so true. I’m so happy that Charlie stood up to Miles, and told him to mind his own business and to stay out of theirs.

Well, guys, Ladyhawke has already posted her thoughts...nice job, so I guess we can get book club underway.

I guess we can set the lineup: Irish, Ice, Lemon...if that's cool with everyone. And Thessie when she gets here.

OK, Irish, if you're ready....it's all you...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread