Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Bass & Charlie #4: "For one thing I almost died. You know who saved me? Monroe."

Welcome to the 4th
Charlie/Monroe thread

fans
1. walking with spiders
2. Musicchild
3. severalmiles
4. Lutesse
5. PerfectAngel
6. ~MelBelle~
7. aelita
8. mariem201
9. Nici Dawson
10. - Nina -
11. Scorpio1080
12. KeepThisaSecret
13. Jasonsgurl310
14. Annie-Day10♥'
15. MrsDeanWinchester
16. soapyjoes
17. chiarrai87
18. collide
19. neon-tiger
20. hlgreenie
21. Trowells
22. lynaem
23. Charloe
24. Leelala
25. Against_all_odds
26. AllyOop
27. CandyStars121
28. Spacebabe
29. xlennie
30. priya1008
31. Charlie_Monroe fan
32. cherylleigh
33. ring of fire
34. saprater
35. k731
36. Vikram Phalange
37. IceonFire7
38. tina_falls
39. deedee86
40. Famu
41. ThereYoullBe
42. VampFan10
43. LemonSupreme
44. wildirish
45. twilightfan14
46. I'mLuvinMyThesaurus
47. Jamieizskye
48. mlreeve1
49. RandiPandi88

honorary shippers
1. David Lyons
2. Tracy Spiridakos
3. Ely Gould
4. Duncan Page
5. Elizabeth Mitchell
6. Ryan Hooks, afterbuzz TV
7. Megan Thomas, afterbuzz TV
8. Francesca Dugan, afterbuzz TV
9. Tracy's aunt in Winnipeg
10. Rockne O'Bannon (on probation)

x

David & Tracy

future titles
"It would be kinda funny and maybe add an interesting layer to the group dynamic"
"In this season so far Monroe had a very interesting chemistry with Charlie. There was definitely a spark, as impossible as that might sound."
"Never give up hope" - Rockne S. O'Bannon
"You’re way better than he deserves." - Duncan
"The Charlie/Monroe scenes are ... always so electric. Those two have such intensity between them that it toys with Charlie's morals in a very dangerous, but exciting way."

Artwork of the Moment

x

Scenes of the Moment

XX

previous board threads
001 002 003 004 005
006 007 008 009 010

previous threads
OP design and artwork by Nelly.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Anybody else over here yet?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Anybody else over here yet?
Not yet, you're first!

This is a link back to the old thread. I do this in case we need to look up something we were talking about. Don't click on this unless you need to see something from the OLD thread.

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/monroe-c.../#post80755354

BTW, I changed this to Bass and Charlie since someone asked why it was Monroe and Charlie. I thought Bass sounded better too.

I don't know, Ladyhawke, maybe we lost everyone. I think Lemon went to sleep, and maybe Irish. Not sure about Thessie.

Last edited by IceonFire7; 03-24-2015 at 09:25 PM
Old 03-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Not yet, you're first!

This is a link back to the old thread. I do this in case we need to look up something we were talking about. Don't click on this unless you need to see something from the OLD thread.

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/monroe-c.../#post80755354

BTW, I changed this to Bass and Charlie since someone asked why it was Monroe and Charlie. I thought Bass sounded better too.

I don't know, Ladyhawke, maybe we lost everyone. I think Lemon went to sleep, and maybe Irish. Not sure about Thessie.
I'm here! I ran for a sherbet break. Good night to anyone I missed!

That was me that asked about the name of the thread...I prefer Bass and Charlie as well. Are we able to change the old threads? I suppose it doesn't really matter...but yes, much prefer Bass & Charlie.

I was glad to see dvpx3 had updated one of her fics. It felt a bit rushed to wrap it all up in one chapter, but I'm just happy she came back to post at all. Now maybe she'll work on 'Hiatus'...

Here's the list of Incomplete fics I keep dragging with me everywhere. I'll take off any stories that get updated and add any we nominate/find. Another one was updated this last week...let me know if I've missed any!

Charloe Fics We Would Love to See Updated
In Name Only - Corycides
Find Yourself on Bridges Across Time - whynotitsfun
A New Big Bad Always Follows the Last - whynotitsfun
You Won't See Me Fall Apart - Quentanilien
Variables - SciFiDVM
It's Like a Story of Love - missdee1986
White Rabbit - immortalpen
The Devil Inside - Elka Lynne
Pilots of the Storm - JaqofSpades
Why She Followed - Forever Amberlie
Season 3 - gwrageddnc
Hiatus - dvpdvpdvp
Finding Each Other in New Vegas - LemonsAreSweet
A Fine Line Between Love and Hate - LemonsAreSweet
Love Games - DevynQ
Keep Your Enemies Closer - Gizzi1213
Blood & Lust - Beboppin' Betty
REVOLUTION: Three - Ameliaflux
Lucky Ones - Ameliaflux
The Chase - Camayane
Unmasking - Nyxie (Tumblr)
It's All a Blur Last Night - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Things Worth Dying For - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Girl Versus World - Nyxie (Tumblr)
The Seven Descents of Charlie Matheson - AvaRosier (Removed from AO3)
The Rescuers - Delylah
Crazy Train - Delylah
Matheson Republic - RedHummingbird
Savin' Me - Nativemoon95
Betrayal - PleasantlyInsanePerson
Reunions and Revelations - LizAna
Proof of Worth - LizAna
The Growth of Hope - newbie92
The Gift of Time - asweetdeception
She Belongs to Fairy Tales - Vampgirl620
What's Happening? - ShyRomantic
Brilliance - LaLaGirl33
Insanity - headoverhook
Second Chances - Crystal Jean
Dead Men Are Heavier Than Broken Hearts - Tengwar
Just Mine, Charlotte - ambrown1022
Project Black Momba - kkurtenbach5
Coming to Terms - kkurtenbach5
Walls Tumbling Down - kkurtenbach5
The Reluctant Savior - LLCoyote
Not So Damaged - Dark-Dragon-Fallen-Angel
Seeing Past the Past - savethesharks1
Escaping with Him - Chipyluna

Last edited by ILuvMyThesaurus; 03-31-2015 at 05:55 AM
Old 03-24-2015, 09:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
I'm here! I ran for a sherbet break. Good night to anyone I missed!

That was me that asked about the name of the thread...I prefer Bass and Charlie as well. Are we able to change the old threads? I suppose it doesn't really matter...but yes, much prefer Bass & Charlie.

I was glad to see dvpx3 had updated one of her fics. It felt a bit rushed to wrap it all up in one chapter, but I'm just happy she came back to post at all. Now maybe she'll work on 'Hiatus'...

Here's the list of Incomplete fics I keep dragging with me everywhere. I'll take off any stories that get updated and add any we nominate/find. Another one was updated this last week...let me know if I've missed any!

Charloe Fics We Would Love to See Updated
In Name Only - Corycides
Find Yourself on Bridges Across Time - whynotitsfun
A New Big Bad Always Follows the Last - whynotitsfun
You Won't See Me Fall Apart - Quentanilien
Variables - SciFiDVM
It's Like a Story of Love - missdee1986
White Rabbit - immortalpen
The Devil Inside - Elka Lynne
Pilots of the Storm - JaqofSpades
Why She Followed - Forever Amberlie
Season 3 - gwrageddnc
Hiatus - dvpdvpdvp
Finding Each Other in New Vegas - LemonsAreSweet
A Fine Line Between Love and Hate - LemonsAreSweet
Love Games - DevynQ
Keep Your Enemies Closer - Gizzi1213
Blood & Lust - Beboppin' Betty
REVOLUTION: Three - Ameliaflux
Lucky Ones - Ameliaflux
The Chase - Camayane
Unmasking - Nyxie (Tumblr)
It's All a Blur Last Night - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Things Worth Dying For - Nyxie (Tumblr)
Girl Versus World - Nyxie (Tumblr)
The Seven Descents of Charlie Matheson - AvaRosier (Removed from AO3)
The Rescuers - Delylah
Crazy Train - Delylah
Matheson Republic - RedHummingbird
Savin' Me - Nativemoon95
Betrayal - PleasantlyInsanePerson
Reunions and Revelations - LizAna
Proof of Worth - LizAna
The Growth of Hope - newbie92
The Gift of Time - asweetdeception
She Belongs to Fairy Tales - Vampgirl620
What's Happening? - ShyRomantic
Brilliance - LaLaGirl33
Insanity - headoverhook
Second Chances - Crystal Jean
Dead Men Are Heavier Than Broken Hearts - Tengwar
Whatever It Takes - LizHope
Just Mine, Charlotte - ambrown1022
Project Black Momba - kkurtenbach5
Coming to Terms - kkurtenbach5
Walls Tumbling Down - kkurtenbach5
The Reluctant Savior - LLCoyote
Not So Damaged - Dark-Dragon-Fallen-Angel
Seeing Past the Past - savethesharks1
Escaping with Him - Chipyluna

Thanks for bringing it over, Thessie. And I get the sherbet break. I myself just had a rather fattening Turtle Sundae...yes, it was good. I still feel so bad for our friends who have to watch what they eat so closely.

And I don't know about changing the name of the old threads to Bass and Charlie. I think we just may have to leave the old ones as they are. I also don't think I can change the name in the OP we use on every new thread because those are SO intricately made that I am afraid to change anything in there with all the quotes and parentheses. If I messed it up, not sure I could get it back to what it was.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thanks for bringing it over, Thessie. And I get the sherbet break. I myself just had a rather fattening Turtle Sundae...yes, it was good. I still feel so bad for our friends who have to watch what they eat so closely.

And I don't know about changing the name of the old threads to Bass and Charlie. I think we just may have to leave the old ones as they are. I also don't think I can change the name in the OP we use on every new thread because those are SO intricately made that I am afraid to change anything in there with all the quotes and parentheses. If I messed it up, not sure I could get it back to what it was.
Oh, that sounds yummy Icicle...I love anything dessert-y...

It's fine about changing the names of the old thread...we can still link back to them all, which is what really matters. I was just wondering. Don't touch the OP thread...we don't want to unravel all that hard work!

I'm really enjoying 'Marks on the Wall', although she's been sparing lately on the updates. So I was so happy to see one tonight, which I'll try and read sometime tomorrow. We got spoiled with how quickly she posted before. I know it's all for Jesus and Easter, so I'll suck it up, but I really do love this story!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I prefer Bass and Charlie as well...

I loved that Dvp updated, but I agree it seemed a bit rushed I would love an epilogue to wrap things up. I will take it though because at least she is back writing, and yes "Hiatus" needs to continue.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

It's fine about changing the names of the old thread...we can still link back to them all, which is what really matters. I was just wondering. Don't touch the OP thread...we don't want to unravel all that hard work!

I'm really enjoying 'Marks on the Wall', although she's been sparing lately on the updates. So I was so happy to see one tonight, which I'll try and read sometime tomorrow. We got spoiled with how quickly she posted before. I know it's all for Jesus and Easter, so I'll suck it up, but I really do love this story!
Yeah, I really like Marks on the Wall too, though I've managed to get myself behind on reading and reviewing again. I need to try to catch up ASAP. But I was working on that Dream update and I've been working on a Devo one, so I sort of let my reading slide a bit. I was really happy to see Corycides updating False Front. I thought she was going to just let that one hang.

And yes, I'm a total dessert hound, so I like anything sweet.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I prefer Bass and Charlie as well...

I loved that Dvp updated, but I agree it seemed a bit rushed I would love an epilogue to wrap things up. I will take it though because at least she is back writing, and yes "Hiatus" needs to continue.
Yes, it's much better. Now if only Charlie had started calling him that to his face on the show......his reaction would have been interesting. What episode was it where she referred to him by first name? I can't remember...

I'm happy that's back, and perhaps she'd lost the interest to do a full-fledged story with it. Shame, as it was really interesting, but I'm just happy she updated at all and an epilogue would be great. Now, we just need her to continue 'Hiatus'...all that time for Charloe...months sleeping in the same bed. Oh, possibilities.

Quote:
Yeah, I really like Marks on the Wall too, though I've managed to get myself behind on reading and reviewing again. I need to try to catch up ASAP. But I was working on that Dream update and I've been working on a Devo one, so I sort of let my reading slide a bit. I was really happy to see Corycides updating False Front. I thought she was going to just let that one hang.

And yes, I'm a total dessert hound, so I like anything sweet.
I loved your update to 'Dream' Icicle! Things are really evolving between them. Although I wonder what Rachel (and Miles) will make of things changing, especially since Rachel warned Bass off. Not that it'll stop him (hopefully). I love how Charlie is starting to enjoy spending time with him, warming up, and coming to trust him.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

So sorry! But I actually fell asleep at my keyboard, so I think that's a sign for me to just crawl into bed.

And Luv, that grain issue sounds awful. I understand what you mean though: With my ulcerated esophagus it felt like I was having a heart attack and I couldn't eat anything that could possibly get stuck in my esophagus b/c the pain was horrible. I actually went to the hospital for it thinking that I was actually having a heart attack; they ruled out that it wasn't but they didn't have a clue what was going on. After many guesses, useless doses of morphine and an excruciating endoscopy later, we discovered what was the issue. It was not my best birthday by far. :/ So I truly have sympathy for you with that grain thing. It's a pain I fully understand. Besides, you should always be careful with a food allergy. Do they recommend you do gluten free or something? I believe it's Utz brand that has really good gluten free stuff.

Concerning, P & W, Luv, so glad that you enjoyed the latest chapter. I know how hard it's been in the latest chapters. People's comments and such to me have been pretty desolate. I've gotten "Omg, I was crying so hard but thank you for Charlie not being dead at the end" messages this week. So sweet. But I honestly can't believe anyone would believe I'd kill Charlie off. I guess that's a compliment but still. She's the CHAR in my Charloe.

Well, I'm off ladies. As always it was a delight chatting with everyone & I hope everyone's week is fantastic: Full of happiness, rainbows, sunny days and lots and lots of delicious, scrumptious, decadent food. Eat seconds for me and Lemon.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
So sorry! But I actually fell asleep at my keyboard, so I think that's a sign for me to just crawl into bed.

And Luv, that grain issue sounds awful. I understand what you mean though: With my ulcerated esophagus it felt like I was having a heart attack and I couldn't eat anything that could possibly get stuck in my esophagus b/c the pain was horrible. I actually went to the hospital for it thinking that I was actually having a heart attack; they ruled out that it wasn't but they didn't have a clue what was going on. After many guesses, useless doses of morphine and an excruciating endoscopy later, we discovered what was the issue. It was not my best birthday by far. :/ So I truly have sympathy for you with that grain thing. It's a pain I fully understand. Besides, you should always be careful with a food allergy. Do they recommend you do gluten free or something? I believe it's Utz brand that has really good gluten free stuff.

Concerning, P & W, Luv, so glad that you enjoyed the latest chapter. I know how hard it's been in the latest chapters. People's comments and such to me have been pretty desolate. I've gotten "Omg, I was crying so hard but thank you for Charlie not being dead at the end" messages this week. So sweet. But I honestly can't believe anyone would believe I'd kill Charlie off. I guess that's a compliment but still. She's the CHAR in my Charloe.

Well, I'm off ladies. As always it was a delight chatting with everyone & I hope everyone's week is fantastic: Full of happiness, rainbows, sunny days and lots and lots of delicious, scrumptious, decadent food. Eat seconds for me and Lemon.
Goodnight Irish...and I knew in my heart you wouldn't kill Charlie, but it was a hard journey.

I know how you feel...I'm sitting in my chair struggling to keep my eyes open and since I have to be up at 4:30 so I think its bed for me. Next week I can stay up later I don't have to be up as early.

Goodnight ladies...I look forward to talking again next week
Old 03-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Icicle, you still around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)

Poor Irish! Get some sleep girlie! I've done that before, where I feel asleep on my computer when typing something. I ended up with several hundred pages of the same couple of letters...and a strange imprint on my face. Good night -- talk to you next week.

All that happened on your birthday? Oh Irish...that sounds just terrible! *sends massive squishy hugs*

Unfortunately, the allergist and esophagus expert I see both agree that elimination diets hardly work for this particular condition. I'm a lot luckier than most people with it though. I just have trouble swallowing, with the occasional complete stricture of the esophagus, where not even water can get through. The pain is much more common, and it's the worst part of it, going straight through to my back, but I still suffer a lot less from it than some people, who can have daily attacks. It's any type of grains, even those that don't normally have gluten in them, like white rice and oatmeal. I just have to really watch the amount I eat and I have to take this nasty liquid steroid medicine to line my throat...it's absolutely disgusting. But, it seems to be helping a bit, so oh well. I've thought about trying gluten free, but my allergist didn't think it would make a big difference since I have the issue with grains that have gluten and are gluten free. I may still give it a try though.

Well, we'd been promised a happy ending by you in BC, so I knew you'd be bringing her back somehow, but it was so hard to read how desperate and lost Bass was without her, so I'm glad you've updated and Bass knows she's alive and they can still have that future together. Of course, hopefully there will be more smut before the end...

Lemon is having trouble with food now too? How did I miss that? Oh dear...I'm so distracted tonight.

Quote:
Goodnight Irish...and I knew in my heart you wouldn't kill Charlie, but it was a hard journey.

I know how you feel...I'm sitting in my chair struggling to keep my eyes open and since I have to be up at 4:30 so I think its bed for me. Next week I can stay up later I don't have to be up as early.

Goodnight ladies...I look forward to talking again next week
It was rough, but I'm so glad Bass has Charlie back in his arms, even if she is badly hurt. It was torturous reading how broken he was without her...

Goodnight LadyH, get some sleep! I so look forward to weekly BC too, so we'll talk soon!
Old 03-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Icicle, you still around?

Poor Irish! Get some sleep girlie! I've done that before, where I feel asleep on my computer when typing something. I ended up with several hundred pages of the same couple of letters...and a strange imprint on my face. Good night -- talk to you next week.

All that happened on your birthday? Oh Irish...that sounds just terrible! *sends massive squishy hugs*

Unfortunately, the allergist and esophagus expert I see both agree that elimination diets hardly work for this particular condition. I'm a lot luckier than most people with it though. I just have trouble swallowing, with the occasional complete stricture of the esophagus, where not even water can get through. The pain is much more common, and it's the worst part of it, going straight through to my back, but I still suffer a lot less from it than some people, who can have daily attacks. It's any type of grains, even those that don't normally have gluten in them, like white rice and oatmeal. I just have to really watch the amount I eat and I have to take this nasty liquid steroid medicine to line my throat...it's absolutely disgusting. But, it seems to be helping a bit, so oh well. I've thought about trying gluten free, but my allergist didn't think it would make a big difference since I have the issue with grains that have gluten and are gluten free. I may still give it a try though.

Well, we'd been promised a happy ending by you in BC, so I knew you'd be bringing her back somehow, but it was so hard to read how desperate and lost Bass was without her, so I'm glad you've updated and Bass knows she's alive and they can still have that future together. Of course, hopefully there will be more smut before the end...

Lemon is having trouble with food now too? How did I miss that? Oh dear...I'm so distracted tonight.

It was rough, but I'm so glad Bass has Charlie back in his arms, even if she is badly hurt. It was torturous reading how broken he was without her...

Goodnight LadyH, get some sleep! I so look forward to weekly BC too, so we'll talk soon!

Yes, I'm still here. Good night to Irish and Ladyhawke! I really have to read Poison and Wine. I'm behind on it, but I'm glad to know Charlie is OK. I'm one of those people who really doesn't mind being spoiled.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yes, I'm still here. Good night to Irish and Ladyhawke! I really have to read Poison and Wine. I'm behind on it, but I'm glad to know Charlie is OK. I'm one of those people who really doesn't mind being spoiled.
I'm sorry Icicle...I didn't know you were behind on it...whoops. But, at least you don't mind being spoiled, and it was a good spoiler with Charlie still being among the living. And we'd been guaranteed a happy ending by Irish, so I hope it wasn't too bad.

So, have you had any more thoughts on the story you were talking about last week? The one based a bit off of 'Partners'?
Old 03-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry Icicle...I didn't know you were behind on it...whoops. But, at least you don't mind being spoiled, and it was a good spoiler with Charlie still being among the living. And we'd been guaranteed a happy ending by Irish, so I hope it wasn't too bad.

So, have you had any more thoughts on the story you were talking about last week? The one based a bit off of 'Partners'?
No, I was serious when I said I didn't mind being spoiled. I have read the last page of books before to make sure they end the way I want. I've read the entire synopsis of a movie to make sure the characters I like don't die. So I have NO trouble with spoilers whatsoever.

And I haven't specifically thought more about it, but little scenes keep playing out in my mind. I would really like to start right after the end of S2, set up a little partnership for them (maybe have them rounding up Patriots for Texas) and send them out on little road trips together. So they'd have a mission to complete, but also have all these little chats that lead to them really getting to know one another well. So it wouldn't start out Charloe coupley cause they weren't near there on the show, but I'd like to see if I could develop the relationship between them. But...I want to try to have that amazing tension they had at the beginning of S2. That kind of banter and snark and chemistry. But it would be a slow burn Charloe. So that's sort of my goal. I guess you could call it a Charloe spinoff of Revo.

Still, I HAVE to finish Dream first. Devo is probably going to be ongoing for a while, but I'd like to get Dream done before I start anything else. The bad thing is...this one is really nipping at my brain and wants to get done.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread