Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2018, 07:06 PM
Loyal Fan

The Truth We Build On Our Lies by Sandrine Shaw
In the beginning of this when we are learning of all the different legends about Monroe, I love the way Bass has grown into this mythic beast. Pretty sure he would love it as well.

There is a lyric quality to this story that I love. Sandrine’s choice to weave the idea of lies and truth within this story is beautiful.

After Charlie & Bass truly become the couple they’ve pretended to be…Miles banging doors and sharpening his knives cracks me up, and of course Bass comforting Charlie at his grave broke my heart. For such a short story, this one packs an emotional punch. It’s sad and lovely and near perfect in my opinion.

The Road From Willoughby by ThreeMagpies
Love the backstory here and the way Magpie really fleshed out the little bit of story we got from the comics. Miles’ wife and son come to life a bit here. It’s sad when Miles dies but I love the idea of Charlie sharing her stories with the little brother and the way she visits with Miles.

And the ending is lovely with the iconic “You came back”.

Epilogue by LemonSupreme
Oh this brings back memories. Good ones. It took me weeks to make all the pictures. It was fun but tedious. The story was fun too. My goal was to keep it light and funny because the real comic had been so dark and angsty. Folks were already kind of down about things so I wanted to cheer folks up. I also wanted to bring in the Charloe but also keep the personalities authentic. I'm not totally sure I was sucessful but generally this did get some good feedback.

I remember being torn. On one hand I wanted renewal!! But my fear of Bachel was so intense, in some ways, cancellation brought relief. The comics brought closure – or what I like to think of as “Closure, part one”. All the different fix it fics were part two.

Note to self: I need to print out a copy sometime I guess. At any time Photobucket could remove all my images from Archive.

EDIT: MD - If you want, we could pick a story just in case Ice doesn't get one for us in time. There are a ton of stories. Surely we could find one to talk about. Just a thought.
LemonSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
The Truth We Build On Our Lies by Sandrine Shaw
In the beginning of this when we are learning of all the different legends about Monroe, I love the way Bass has grown into this mythic beast. Pretty sure he would love it as well.

There is a lyric quality to this story that I love. Sandrine’s choice to weave the idea of lies and truth within this story is beautiful.

After Charlie & Bass truly become the couple they’ve pretended to be…Miles banging doors and sharpening his knives cracks me up, and of course Bass comforting Charlie at his grave broke my heart. For such a short story, this one packs an emotional punch. It’s sad and lovely and near perfect in my opinion.

The Road From Willoughby by ThreeMagpies
Love the backstory here and the way Magpie really fleshed out the little bit of story we got from the comics. Miles’ wife and son come to life a bit here. It’s sad when Miles dies but I love the idea of Charlie sharing her stories with the little brother and the way she visits with Miles.

And the ending is lovely with the iconic “You came back”.

Epilogue by LemonSupreme
Oh this brings back memories. Good ones. It took me weeks to make all the pictures. It was fun but tedious. The story was fun too. My goal was to keep it light and funny because the real comic had been so dark and angsty. Folks were already kind of down about things so I wanted to cheer folks up. I also wanted to bring in the Charloe but also keep the personalities authentic. I'm not totally sure I was sucessful but generally this did get some good feedback.

I remember being torn. On one hand I wanted renewal!! But my fear of Bachel was so intense, in some ways, cancellation brought relief. The comics brought closure – or what I like to think of as “Closure, part one”. All the different fix it fics were part two.

Note to self: I need to print out a copy sometime I guess. At any time Photobucket could remove all my images from Archive.
Note to self...I should look into doing that too. I would hate to not have Epilogue to look back at some day.

So many stories to choose from!!
mlreeve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Note to self...I should look into doing that too. I would hate to not have Epilogue to look back at some day.
This week while I was in Chicago I was having major Charloe feels. I went to the big outdoor art park (the "Bean" was a sculpture featured in my story Brushstrokes). We walked along the shore of Lake Michigan (Iambic Pentameter - and yes MD - I'm still actively working on it). I wanted to go to the Water Tower (Discovery) but Mr. Lemon didn't want to drive down there - he just doesn't understand. Anyway, it was fun.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
This week while I was in Chicago I was having major Charloe feels. I went to the big outdoor art park (the "Bean" was a sculpture featured in my story Brushstrokes). We walked along the shore of Lake Michigan (Iambic Pentameter - and yes MD - I'm still actively working on it). I wanted to go to the Water Tower (Discovery) but Mr. Lemon didn't want to drive down there - he just doesn't understand. Anyway, it was fun.
Sounds amazing....I've never been to either place you went, but someday. I love how all those places mean so much in relation to your Charloe stories.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Sounds amazing....I've never been to either place you went, but someday. I love how all those places mean so much in relation to your Charloe stories.
I loved it but since Mr Lemon doesn't really know the extent (or content) of my stories, I didn't say anything to him. haha
Old 06-19-2018, 07:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ah, sounds nice.

Glad to hear it. I'm still working on my Halloween story from last year, hopefully it'll be ready by this October. I'd hoped it would be a nice, short little one-shot, but noooo, it got away from me.

As for your comic book images, Lemon, if you have a OneDrive account (like through Office 365), they'll do hotlinking (like Photobucket). It takes a few more mouse clicks than PB, but it works nicely and you wouldn't have to worry about losing them.

As for stories for next time, I honestly don't know which ones we've read and which ones we haven't (I'm afraid I don't keep track), so you guys can pick a story.
MDRevolutionFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
Ah, sounds nice.

Glad to hear it. I'm still working on my Halloween story from last year, hopefully it'll be ready by this October. I'd hoped it would be a nice, short little one-shot, but noooo, it got away from me.

As for your comic book images, Lemon, if you have a OneDrive account (like through Office 365), they'll do hotlinking (like Photobucket). It takes a few more mouse clicks than PB, but it works nicely and you wouldn't have to worry about losing them.

As for stories for next time, I honestly don't know which ones we've read and which ones we haven't (I'm afraid I don't keep track), so you guys can pick a story.
We could pick another of the fix it fics but one that's a little longer? Ice chooses the shorter ones so that would allow us to do one that isn't stepping on her toes or one we've read for club before?

Off topic - I'm addicted to Riverdale. Catching up on S2 and Blanchard is in the episode I'm watching right now. He's skinny instead of chunky but it's him. I looked it up on IMDB to verify. haha
Old 06-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
We could pick another of the fix it fics but one that's a little longer? Ice chooses the shorter ones so that would allow us to do one that isn't stepping on her toes or one we've read for club before?

Off topic - I'm addicted to Riverdale. Catching up on S2 and Blanchard is in the episode I'm watching right now. He's skinny instead of chunky but it's him. I looked it up on IMDB to verify. haha
Sounds good.

I can't picture M.C. Gainey thin. What's Riverdale about?
I've actually been watching a lot of old series from my childhood lately. Can't wait until Thursday when I can finally see Alice again from the beginning (have to wait b/c it's on a TV channel).
Old 06-19-2018, 07:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Sounds good.

I've actually been watching a lot of old series from my childhood lately. Can't wait until Thursday when I can finally see Alice again from the beginning (have to wait b/c it's on a TV channel).
Ah, Alice! Haven't thought of her in a long time.

Riverdale is the Archie Comics turned into a CW television series. It's sexy and dark ish - very CW. If you enjoy high school shows at all, I think you'd like it. High production value and it's super popular so won't get cancelled anytime soon.

Lots of actors you'd know. Skeet Ulrich, Luke Perry and Molly Ringwald all play parents of some of the gang. Veronica's dad is the guy who's married to Kelly Ripa in real life. Betty's mom was on twin peaks. Anyway, it's really addictive.

Oh, and Archie is hot. So there's that.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Sounds good.

I can't picture him skinny either, but goid for him. I like the idea of picking one that's a little bit longer. Any ideas?
Old 06-19-2018, 08:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I can't picture him skinny either, but goid for him. I like the idea of picking one that's a little bit longer. Any ideas?
Here are the ones that we've passed recently (unless you read them and I just missed that week).....

Finding Bass Monroe by LemonSupreme

Bound by WhyNotItsFun

Can't You See by Iwilltrytocarryon

Time after Time by LemonSupreme

Or we could just go back and pick some favorites - after all, we read our favorites over and over anyway.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Here are the ones that we've passed recently (unless you read them and I just missed that week).....

Finding Bass Monroe by LemonSupreme

Bound by WhyNotItsFun

Can't You See by Iwilltrytocarryon

Time after Time by LemonSupreme

Or we could just go back and pick some favorites - after all, we read our favorites over and over anyway.
Wow!! Some awesome choices in that group...I would personally vote for all of them but I can at least narrow it down to 2 Bound or Time after Time.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Wow!! Some awesome choices in that group...I would personally vote for all of them but I can at least narrow it down to 2 Bound or Time after Time.
Maybe we could each read one of those two (reader's choice) and/or read both or skim them or whatever? Have it be a little looser than the usual?
Old 06-19-2018, 08:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Maybe we could each read one of those two (reader's choice) and/or read both or skim them or whatever? Have it be a little looser than the usual?
Sounds like a plan to me...
Old 06-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I vote for either Bound or Finding Bass Monroe. I think we might've read Can't You See for club already, but I'm not sure.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top