Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir.

So I, too, have no notes. I'll have to wing it like Lemon. I think the only one really prepared is LadyH. Not sure if you're getting in on this Thessie.
Figured I'd go ahead and post...

Parental Unit Talk

thedarkestdaisy

Charlie knew exactly what she wanted from Bass when she walked in to his office…and seriously who could blame her!! I loved that she was totally up for the challenge until Bass told her who was in with Blanchard…

“The reason why we probably shouldn't **** in the chair is because Miles is in there with Frank.” Bass clarifies for her. The effect of his words are almost laughable. Charlie blanches and then looks to Blanchard's office door as if it were to swing open any minute. She scrambles off of him in haste and pulls her shirt down.

Charlie did a complete 180 after that, *but of course Bass couldn’t resist giving her a little bit of a hard time. LOL

*“What's wrong? Afraid of getting caught with your pants down?” He asks smugly.

“No,” she turns to glare down at him and his stupid, smug, chiseled face. “But maybe we should ease him into it. I doubt the best way to announce a pregnancy is while you're ****ing the father.”

Miles of course has awesome timing when he opens the door.* Seriously though Bass and Charlie need to work on the whole “there’s nothing going on here” routine. Charlie cracked me up when she asked Miles if *“they” could come over for dinner…and even though Miles may not know exactly what’s going on he is pretty darn suspicious.

“Sure, I'd love to see you guys tonight. I brought you back a little-” Miles cuts off mid-sentence and turns to look at Bass and then back down to Charlie with a curious brow. “Hold on. Something you just said sounded a bit off. Did you just invite both yourself AND Bass to dinner?”

“We missed you?” She says slowly. At least it's not a lie, she tells herself.

“And Bass missed me too?” He asks her with an unbelieving tone and raised brow.

Then you have Blanchard opening up his office door “Well that was awkward. Almost wish I'd have kept my door open for that one. Do you think he knows?” Blanchard says as he leans against the doorway, rubbing his beard in serious thought”* I would have really loved more of Revolution…less Rachel more of our favs. And throw Blanchard and Aaron in that would have been perfect. He would have loved Walnut messing with the gang, and in this case considering all of Bass and Charlie’s extra-curricular activities in the office he has probably known about them for a long time.

Of course you have to appreciate the before dinner activities…and I loved this little remark from Bass “We've already broken three tables, babe.” I guess they are a bit hard on the furniture.

My only real problem with this is that “thedarkestdaisy” never gave us our 2nd chapter…we never get to know how Miles and Rachel reacted, and we missed out on Blanchard having a blast with the whole situation.* All in all though I did really like it.

Nice Guys Finish Last

Monroe_militia

That was so much fun....I absolutely love these two going back and forth.* They seem to enjoy seeing how far they can push things. Pretty sure Charlie prefers bad boys over nice guys though.* And Charlie using Rachel as a weapon in their little game really uped the antie...it could have back fired big time, but Bass seemed to come out ok, and it didn't stop him from going back for more 😉

I love Monroe_militia and this one was no exception.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Hey LadyH! I'm doing okay. Pretty much the same as usual. Work and getting myself worked over at PT. I'm working on a couple feature pieces right now that I'm pretty excited about. How about you? How's your family?

Lemon, I'm so happy he's okay! What was it? Good thing you got him in to the doctor right away and he's on some heavy duty antibiotics!

Icicle, what's this about Virtue and Moir? They're so great! Love them....
I feel like I missed something. Are you okay? Why the PT?

He had hand, foot, mouth which can cause little sores on the aforementioned places. One on his wrist developed a secondary infection and that's what was crawling up his arm.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you for posting, LadyH. I am woefully unprepared for today's club. I just really didn't get enough sleep last night.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thank you for posting, LadyH. I am woefully unprepared for today's club. I just really didn't get enough sleep last night.
I remember liking both stories. That's all I got. Sorry.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
I remember liking both stories. That's all I got. Sorry.
OK, Lemon. That was a decidedly awesome review. You cracked me up.

Nice Guys - I really liked this one. I thought it captured the will they/won't they of Charloe just perfectly. And of course, unlike on the TV show, in fanfic they definitely will. I like how they played with each other a bit and the taunting going on. Good story.

Parental Unit Talk - I liked this one too. There is some really hot and steamy Charloe sex in the middle there too. And of course, I like the idea of Miles being oh so suspicious of Charlie and Bass. I actually didn't even realize that darkestdaisy hadn't finished this. I somehow missed that. Regardless, the story we did get was very good.

Does anyone have anything else to add for tonight?

Last edited by IceonFire7; 02-20-2018 at 08:37 PM
Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, Lemon. That was a decidedly awesome review. You cracked me up.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I feel like I missed something. Are you okay? Why the PT?

He had hand, foot, mouth which can cause little sores on the aforementioned places. One on his wrist developed a secondary infection and that's what was crawling up his arm.
Oh, poor guy! Is he feeling better? I lived in England and they would talk about Foot and Mouth. It was a pretty common thing. Especially in rural areas.

I'm doing PT cause of my back problems. It's been a chronic thing the past few years. I'd throw my back out and be on massive pain killers and muscle relaxers for a few weeks at least and do some regular PT and then a few months later I'd throw my back out again. So, my doctor decided to try and get me into this more exclusive PT place that is super heavy duty. They have these huge machines (some of them are 8 feet tall) and they strap you in and you can't move anything except for your hands. They also started working on my neck as well. There's one piece of equipment that clamps down on your head and you can only move it side to side. They're attached to weights, and they slowly increase the weights to try and strengthen the problem areas. They basically look like medieval torture machines, no joke. But, I'm getting better and stronger. Plus, I'm doing extra exercise and other weight lifting alongside it. Sorry, that got a bit long...

Last edited by ILuvMyThesaurus; 02-20-2018 at 08:47 PM
Old 02-20-2018, 08:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh, poor guy! Is he feeling better? I lived in England and they would talk about Foot and Mouth. It was a pretty common thing. Especially in rural areas.

I'm doing PT cause of my back problems. It's been a chronic thing the past few years. I'd throw my back out and be on massive pain killers and muscle relaxers for a few weeks at least and do some regular PT and then a few months later I'd throw my back out again. So, my doctor decided to try and get me into this more exclusive PT place that is super heavy duty. They have these huge machines (some of them are 8 feet tall) and they strap you in and you can't move anything except for your hands. They also started working on my neck as well. There's one piece of equipment that clamps down on your head and you can only move it side to side. They're attached to weights, and they slowly increase the weights to try and strengthen the problem areas. They basically look like medieval torture machines, no joke. But, I'm getting better and stronger. Plus, I'm doing extra exercise and other weight lifting alongside it. Sorry, that got a bit long long...
Yep. He's so much better. Thanks.

Glad you are getting some help for your back. Back pain sucks.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I'm doing PT cause of my back problems. It's been a chronic thing the past few years. I'd throw my back out and be on massive pain killers and muscle relaxers for a few weeks at least and do some regular PT and then a few months later I'd throw my back out again. So, my doctor decided to try and get me into this more exclusive PT place that is super heavy duty. They have these huge machines (some of them are 8 feet tall) and they strap you in and you can't move anything except for your hands. They also started working on my neck as well. There's one piece of equipment that clamps down on your head and you can only move it side to side. They're attached to weights, and they slowly increase the weights to try and strengthen the problem areas. They basically look like medieval torture machines, no joke. But, I'm getting better and stronger. Plus, I'm doing extra exercise and other weight lifting alongside it. Sorry, that got a bit long long...
Yikes! But at least it's helping and you're not going through it for nothing.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
My mom is struggling with really bad back pain at the moment. They are trying a few things for her, but I sort of feel like she hasn't really been the same since she had those back surgeries in 2015 and 2016.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yep. He's so much better. Thanks.

Glad you are getting some help for your back. Back pain sucks.
That's good, there's nothing worse than a sick kiddo. You feel so bad for them.

How's the other kiddo?

It truly does. It's such a nag and interferes with normal life so much. Sitting a certain way can hurt, doing the steps, driving. It sucks.

Quote:
Yeah, they are a bit scary looking and were intimidating at first. I took my Mom and a friend in there and they both were like there's no way you'd get us in one of those. But yes, it is helping, and I can tell the difference, so that's great!

Quote:
My mom is struggling with really bad back pain at the moment. They are trying a few things for her, but I sort of feel like she hasn't really been the same since she had those back surgeries in 2015 and 2016.
I'm sorry she's still having trouble Icicle. Does she continue to have PT?

My Dad's never been the same since his back surgery and stroke last year. He still doesn't walk quite right and doesn't have the same stamina and hunches slightly. But, we're so lucky he's as good as he is.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That's good, there's nothing worse than a sick kiddo. You feel so bad for them.

How's the other kiddo?

It truly does. It's such a nag and interferes with normal life so much. Sitting a certain way can hurt, doing the steps, driving. It sucks.

Yeah, they are a bit scary looking and were intimidating at first. I took my Mom and a friend in there and they both were like there's no way you'd get us in one of those. But yes, it is helping, and I can tell the difference, so that's great!

I'm sorry she's still having trouble Icicle. Does she continue to have PT?

My Dad's never been the same since his back surgery and stroke last year. He still doesn't walk quite right and doesn't have the same stamina and hunches slightly. But, we're so lucky he's as good as he is.

No, she hasn't been in physical therapy for awhile now. Something seemed to act up right after the holidays and by the end of January, the pain was nearly unbearable. She really hasn't been able to lay down to go to sleep, so she's been sleeping sitting up in the recliner. She did get a pain shot last week, but I'm not sure that it's doing all that much. I know they say it can take up to two weeks to kick in. And sometimes it takes more than one shot. Anyway, sometimes even walking is tough for her right now.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No, she hasn't been in physical therapy for awhile now. Something seemed to act up right after the holidays and by the end of January, the pain was nearly unbearable. She really hasn't been able to lay down to go to sleep, so she's been sleeping sitting up in the recliner. She did get a pain shot last week, but I'm not sure that it's doing all that much. I know they say it can take up to two weeks to kick in. And sometimes it takes more than one shot. Anyway, sometimes even walking is tough for her right now.
Could she do some more physical therapy? It might help her. After some time has gone by sometimes it can help loosen things up again. It's good she got the shots. My Mom has had them in several locations on her body and they've often helped her. Did she have a doctor do them? My Mom always has better luck when the doctor puts them in instead of the nurses.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So sorry about your mom's back pain.

What are the stories for next time?
Old 02-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
So sorry about your mom's back pain.

What are the stories for next time?
Yes, that would be awesome, since I didn't know what the stories were for this week, lol. Although I didn't have the time to do the reading, as I wasn't with it at all this week, haha.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread