Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
They bring you dead animals as an expression of love, Thessie. Or, as one meme I saw said, they bring you dead animals because they think you are a large, useless cat who can't fend for itself. So really they are just trying to help. Hehehe...
I know it's cause they love you. It's like they're little rodent serial killers. It doesn't make it any less awesome though when they drop it on your foot or like my friend who woke up to it dropped on the pillow next to her head, with the cat sitting there pleased as punch. Or like one of my neighbors who let their beautiful Siamese cat go feral and wander into the forest, she'd drag gopher and mice guts all over my front lawn. I guess it was cause she loved me. Blech.

I do like the second part of your answer, that they think we're big, dumb, useless cats that can't go serial kill rodents on our own. That's pretty funny actually. I always wondered whether my dog thought he was just a vertically challenged human or whether we were just oversized dogs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeokijai (View Post)
What a pretty kitty, MD!

I'm just doing small, unpaid venues for now (sorry, that's super vague ... but again ... anonymity). It's just that I'm building up a bit of a following right now, and I don't want some person who follows my music (a fan, I guess?! That's still hella weird to say ... that I have fans. I feel like such a poser for even saying that, LOL!) finding out that I [artist/songwriter me] am romeokijai, the smutty fanfic writer. LOL!! I was more open about my music stuff on here when I thought it was a hobby and no one was going to see/hear it. But this stuff is actually kind of taking off, so ... I can't be as open about it anymore. Not trying to be cryptic. Just trying to keep the two personas separate, if that makes sense. I'm happy to share, just not on fan forum or other public spaces. So like I said, if any of you are actually interested, hit me up on Twitter or Tumblr or email and I can send you links to my music online spaces and stuff.
I COMPLETELY understand. I've had people ask if they could read my RL writing before and I really don't want the two to cross. For one, I write about some depressing ****, since my primary arena is the Middle East. I definitely don't want ANY of the people who read my pieces and follow and email me to find out I wrote smutty fanfic either, lol.

Very exciting that you're taking off and getting a bit of a following!

Last edited by ILuvMyThesaurus; 01-23-2018 at 10:06 PM
Old 01-23-2018, 10:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
What a pretty kitty, MD!

I'm just doing small, unpaid venues for now (sorry, that's super vague ... but again ... anonymity). It's just that I'm building up a bit of a following right now, and I don't want some person who follows my music (a fan, I guess?! That's still hella weird to say ... that I have fans. I feel like such a poser for even saying that, LOL!) finding out that I [artist/songwriter me] am romeokijai, the smutty fanfic writer. LOL!! I was more open about my music stuff on here when I thought it was a hobby and no one was going to see/hear it. But this stuff is actually kind of taking off, so ... I can't be as open about it anymore. Not trying to be cryptic. Just trying to keep the two personas separate, if that makes sense. I'm happy to share, just not on fan forum or other public spaces. So like I said, if any of you are actually interested, hit me up on Twitter or Tumblr or email and I can send you links to my music online spaces and stuff.
She is indeed, thank you. *proud mother*

Perfectly understandable that you want to preserve your anonymity. I don't blame you a bit.

EDIT: BTW, Ice, do you have the stories for next time?
Old 01-23-2018, 10:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
They bring you dead animals as an expression of love, Thessie. Or, as one meme I saw said, they bring you dead animals because they think you are a large, useless cat who can't fend for itself. So really they are just trying to help. Hehehe...
Lol Ice that is hilarious...

MD pretty sure my Jasmine has been psychotic since the day she was born. In he younger years she could trap grown adults in a room because they were too afraid to walk by her. She would attack without warning...she actually got my sister once she was dripping blood from her arms and legs by the time she got away. Thankfully my sister was an animal lover to the extreme and she loved Jasmin.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
Perfectly understandable that you want to preserve your anonymity. I don't blame you a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
I COMPLETELY understand. I've had people ask if they could read my RL writing before and I really don't want the two to cross. For one, I write about some depressing ****, since my primary arena is the Middle East. I definitely don't want ANY of the people who read my pieces and follow and email me to find out I wrote smutty fanfic either, lol.

Very exciting that you're taking off and getting a bit of a following!
Thanks for being so understanding! I'd actually LOVE to share what I'm working on with you guys, because I'm SUPER excited about it. You guys are always so kind and supportive when I talk about it here. But I just can't post links and stuff here, so you'll have to contact me privately so I can direct you to my music site, etc.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Loyal Fan

LadyH, your cat sounds like she's cray-cray... Although, when I got my tattoo way back in the day, I went to a party just a couple days after and slept over and it was like the cat could smell it and kept pouncing on the new tattoo all night long. I hated that damn cat.

Quote:
Thanks for being so understanding! I'd actually LOVE to share what I'm working on with you guys, because I'm SUPER excited about it. You guys are always so kind and supportive when I talk about it here. But I just can't post links and stuff here, so you'll have to contact me privately so I can direct you to my music site, etc.
Well, I'll try and remember to send you something on Twitter, so I can get a listen to some of the stuff you've been working on.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:35 PM
Extreme Fan

OK, guys, once again the truck for work has been switched up on me, so I have to go in and do the truck tomorrow instead of my normal Monday. That's at 5AM, so I have to head to bed.

MD, I don't have the stories yet, but I will do them tomorrow when I get home from work. But do me a favor and tweet a reminder at me so I don't forget. I'm usually so tired when I get home from doing the truck that I forget all sorts of things I need to do.

Romeo, I might take you up on that listening to your music thing. I remember thinking that one little clip you send us was really good that one time, so I would love to hear more. And glad you stopped in to visit.

Everyone else, I will talk to you all later on. Have a great rest of the week, everybody!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Lol Ice that is hilarious...

MD pretty sure my Jasmine has been psychotic since the day she was born. In he younger years she could trap grown adults in a room because they were too afraid to walk by her. She would attack without warning...she actually got my sister once she was dripping blood from her arms and legs by the time she got away. Thankfully my sister was an animal lover to the extreme and she loved Jasmin.
Is she a Tortie, by any chance? Jaws is, and she can be pretty vicious too, but we love her. Anyway, they're known to be, shall we say, strong willed, though the cat I mentioned earlier that we had in FL was also a tortie, but she was REALLY nice and never lashed out at anyone. I miss her terribly.

EDIT: Good night, Ice. I will indeed hit you up for the stories on Twitter.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, guys, once again the truck for work has been switched up on me, so I have to go in and do the truck tomorrow instead of my normal Monday. That's at 5AM, so I have to head to bed.

MD, I don't have the stories yet, but I will do them tomorrow when I get home from work. But do me a favor and tweet a reminder at me so I don't forget. I'm usually so tired when I get home from doing the truck that I forget all sorts of things I need to do.

Romeo, I might take you up on that listening to your music thing. I remember thinking that one little clip you send us was really good that one time, so I would love to hear more. And glad you stopped in to visit.

Everyone else, I will talk to you all later on. Have a great rest of the week, everybody!
Sorry the truck was switched on you again Icicle, hope you're able to get a break real soon. Have a great rest of the week and hope to chat with you soon at Rewatch! We need to have our Star Wars chat now that I've finally seen the movie...
Old 01-23-2018, 10:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
LadyH, your cat sounds like she's cray-cray... Although, when I got my tattoo way back in the day, I went to a party just a couple days after and slept over and it was like the cat could smell it and kept pouncing on the new tattoo all night long. I hated that damn cat.

Well, I'll try and remember to send you something on Twitter, so I can get a listen to some of the stuff you've been working on.
She is...her name is Jasmin and everyone was always like...oh what a pretty cat I love black cats. Then I would be like her nickname is Norman (as in Bates)

Romeo I'm glad to hear that you are following your passion...its not always an easy thing to do.

Good night Ice
Old 01-23-2018, 10:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

I should get to bed myself. Nice chatting with you guys for a bit. Tuesdays are rarely free for me anymore and when they are, I usually have other things I need to be doing. Plus, I never read the assigned stories, so I never have anything to contribute on that front. Mostly I just like to pop in see what ya'll are up to.

G'night! And yes, DM me on twitter if you guys want to. No pressure. But since it sounds like there's interest.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I should get to bed myself. Nice chatting with you guys for a bit. Tuesdays are rarely free for me anymore and when they are, I usually have other things I need to be doing. Plus, I never read the assigned stories, so I never have anything to contribute on that front. Mostly I just like to pop in see what ya'll are up to.

G'night! And yes, DM me on twitter if you guys want to. No pressure. But since it sounds like there's interest.
Good night, Romeo.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Goodnight Romeo...it was great to hear from you tonight...I'm glad you had some time.

I hate to say it but I have to be up early for work too, so I better head to bed too.

Goodnight MD and Thessie...pretty sure we're the last 3 here. Hope you guys make it to rewatch next Tuesday
Old 01-23-2018, 11:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Goodnight Romeo...it was great to hear from you tonight...I'm glad you had some time.

I hate to say it but I have to be up early for work too, so I better head to bed too.

Goodnight MD and Thessie...pretty sure we're the last 3 here. Hope you guys make it to rewatch next Tuesday
Good night, LadyH. See you at rewatch.

Good night, Thessie, if you're still here.

Last edited by MDRevolutionFan; 01-23-2018 at 11:18 PM
Old 01-23-2018, 11:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm going to head to bed as well, I have an earlier start tomorrow than usual. Fun Book Club tonight and I'm glad Romeo was able to join us. MD, your cat is so cute. Good night everyone, have a fab week, and hope to see you at the next Rewatch or BC!
Old 02-06-2018, 06:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Guys, I want to welcome everyone to club, but I also want to make sure we start a new thread before we get too close to the maximum amount of posts. So if everyone can just click on the link below, we can get started on the new thread tonight.

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/bass-cha.../#post92966606

And please remember to post once you get over there!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread