Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 06:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Moments with Charlotte - I really love this one. I sort of like going back to see Bass as a part of the Matheson family before the Blackout, or in the case of an AU such as this, when Charlie and Danny were young. Lemon also did an awesome story like this once that focused on Charlie growing up with Bass in her life, so I am big fan of seeing this scenario play out anyway.

The first part of the story is cute, as Bass interacts with the young Charlotte. He's so sweet with her, and I can almost imagine that sets the image of him in Charlie's young mind, the image that will carry her into her big crush.

The letter to the soldier Bass is sweet, as is his response.

The last two chapters get into Charloe territory, with the dance at the wedding starting things off for them. I have a feeling Bass is far more affected by her than he lets on, something that sort of becomes more obvious once he leans in for the kiss. I also love Charlie's inner ramblings as Bass is kissing her: His firm, perfect, whiskey-spritzed lips. Are on hers. Hers. He’s kissing her. Oh, God, Sebastian Monroe is actually, for real, this-is-not-some-blissful-dream kissing her.

The final chapter is maybe the best because Romeo sets up the tension between them so very well and it's such a joy to read. I was so ready for them to just get to it already, and I couldn't have been any more happy when they left for Charlie's dorm room on their own. The rest that follows is super sexy and hot. And then, of course, Miles manages to catch them simply by placing a call. And as Charlie mentions, I'm sure his next move would be to kill Bass the next time he sees him.

Great story from Romeo. And I'm so glad she shared it with us.

And, MD, you had more time for note-taking this week cause the girl in charge of stories didn't wait until the Saturday before club to give them to you. I'll have next club's stories ready to go later tonight as well.

OK, Lemon, if you are ready, it's your turn. Let me know if you need more time.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Moments with Charlotte - I really love this one. I sort of like going back to see Bass as a part of the Matheson family before the Blackout, or in the case of an AU such as this, when Charlie and Danny were young. Lemon also did an awesome story like this once that focused on Charlie growing up with Bass in her life, so I am big fan of seeing this scenario play out anyway.

The first part of the story is cute, as Bass interacts with the young Charlotte. He's so sweet with her, and I can almost imagine that sets the image of him in Charlie's young mind, the image that will carry her into her big crush.

The letter to the soldier Bass is sweet, as is his response.

The last two chapters get into Charloe territory, with the dance at the wedding starting things off for them. I have a feeling Bass is far more affected by her than he lets on, something that sort of becomes more obvious once he leans in for the kiss. I also love Charlie's inner ramblings as Bass is kissing her: His firm, perfect, whiskey-spritzed lips. Are on hers. Hers. He’s kissing her. Oh, God, Sebastian Monroe is actually, for real, this-is-not-some-blissful-dream kissing her.

The final chapter is maybe the best because Romeo sets up the tension between them so very well and it's such a joy to read. I was so ready for them to just get to it already, and I couldn't have been any more happy when they left for Charlie's dorm room on their own. The rest that follows is super sexy and hot. And then, of course, Miles manages to catch them simply by placing a call. And as Charlie mentions, I'm sure his next move would be to kill Bass the next time he sees him.

Great story from Romeo. And I'm so glad she shared it with us.

And, MD, you had more time for note-taking this week cause the girl in charge of stories didn't wait until the Saturday before club to give them to you. I'll have next club's stories ready to go later tonight as well.

OK, Lemon, if you are ready, it's your turn. Let me know if you need more time.
Moments with Charlotte by Romeokijai
This is a really great story. I love how we can watch the progression of time via these little moments. The Winter chapter was sweet and lovely. Sassy little Charlie was adorable. Spring was nice with the letter writing and the idea of a girl with a crazy crush getting some actual validation from the man of her dreams via actual responses to said letters – wow! I had more than my fair share of crushes growing up. Pretty sure none of them even knew my name. No, I’m not jealous. YOU are.

Summer was great because the sexual chemistry really grew and not just on Charlie’s end. The surprise kiss on the dance floor was lovely.

For all the obvious reasons, Fall was my favorite. I loved how Nora was playing match maker. As I read this, I wondered if Bass had said something to her or if maybe she had spied the kiss? Regardless, the fact that he’s interested in moving to Chicago suggests maybe he’s been thinking about her as much as she’s been thinking about him.

It would have been cool to see some back and forth after the kiss to show their developing feelings for each other…but the reunion they do have and the visit to her dorm room – more than make up for any missed conversations.

This is a great story and I remember liking it a lot the first time I read it too, but I do not remember the artwork. Might just be my terrible memory or maybe they were added later. Either way, they definitely added a really nice touch. Great story, per usual from Romeo.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Moments with Charlotte by Romeokijai
This is a really great story. I love how we can watch the progression of time via these little moments. The Winter chapter was sweet and lovely. Sassy little Charlie was adorable. Spring was nice with the letter writing and the idea of a girl with a crazy crush getting some actual validation from the man of her dreams via actual responses to said letters – wow! I had more than my fair share of crushes growing up. Pretty sure none of them even knew my name. No, I’m not jealous. YOU are.

Summer was great because the sexual chemistry really grew and not just on Charlie’s end. The surprise kiss on the dance floor was lovely.

For all the obvious reasons, Fall was my favorite. I loved how Nora was playing match maker. As I read this, I wondered if Bass had said something to her or if maybe she had spied the kiss? Regardless, the fact that he’s interested in moving to Chicago suggests maybe he’s been thinking about her as much as she’s been thinking about him.

It would have been cool to see some back and forth after the kiss to show their developing feelings for each other…but the reunion they do have and the visit to her dorm room – more than make up for any missed conversations.

This is a great story and I remember liking it a lot the first time I read it too, but I do not remember the artwork. Might just be my terrible memory or maybe they were added later. Either way, they definitely added a really nice touch. Great story, per usual from Romeo.
I remember reading this the 1st time, and maybe bugging Romeo to finish it a couple of times, but it was just so good I just couldn't help myself.

Moments with Charlotte

romeokijai

Winter

I adore this first chapter.* Little Charlie is so darn cute, and she obviously adores Bass and he adores her too. Him trying to get her to let him in to the house was great.* I actually remember my kindergarten teacher saying to me “I don’t know can you go to the restroom?” from then on I knew I had to say “May I go….” LOL it’s funny the things you remember.* Bass is so awesome just letting Charlie pick what she wants to do and lets her have fun. I was genuinely surprised that Bass didn’t give in and let her have another piece of cake, and I love how she got a bit huffy and mumbled about Miles letting her have another piece.

Spring

I really loved how Charlie thought about Bass being away at war and being worried about him, and wanting him to know that she thought about him.* Sending him little care packages and letters and a book that she had read is super sweet.* Telling Bass about her life and giving him something else to focus on probably means a lot to him.* I think it’s great that she has a love for history, and when he wrote her back I love that he told her they can talk about that and the book that she sent him.* Taking the time to let her know how much the things she sends means to him is pretty great. I am glad that they have kept In touch.* The last part of Charlie’s letter is so perfect…I love how excited she was to tell him about being suspended and punching the kid for what he said.

P.S. OMG, I almost forgot to tell you! I got my first suspension last month. It was only for a day, and I got it because I punched this idiot after he told me I throw a baseball like a girl. I told him: “Damn straight! And I throw punches like a girl, too!” And then I socked him. He ended up with a black eye. Oops! I have to admit. I felt pretty badass.

Summer

Bass’ reaction to Charlie was perfect, but of course he had to be careful not to let Miles see his reaction, but Charlie caught a glimpse of it.* Just the image in my head of Bass in a suit is perfect, but the way Charlie describes him at the reception is even yummier…sleeves rolled up, jacket gone buttons unbuttoned…Sigh…Then he asked her to dance, and looking at her again like he wants her, and the kiss that she waited so long for…I think I would have died and gone to heaven if I had been Charlie on that dance floor with Bass.

Fall

I really always love Miles...he comes off as grumpy and inpatient, *but he would do anything for Charlie. *

I just knew that when someone knocked on the door it was Bass, and I had a feeling Nora had an ulterior motive, and that text at the end said it all. I think this chapter has one of the best lines ever...Charlie'sinner thoughts as she looks at Bass when she opens the door...of courae he is fifty shades of f***able. Lol

Hot, hot and more hot...can you say cold shower. *Lol Seriously though this was smokin hot, and a touch of sweet and fun...especially when Bass decided to torture Charlie while she was on teh phone with Miles of all people. *

“Oh my God,” Charlie whispers, her body still buzzing in the afterglow. “That was….”

Bass smiles and leans over to press a soft kiss to her lips. “Better than you imagined I’d be? Tell me, Charlotte, did I just totally obliterate all your years of fantasizing about me?”

How completely wonderful is Bass?? *Ok so maybe he's a little full of himself, but he's got what it takes to back it up.

I really love the idea of all of them being in the same city...thank goodness Nora has connections.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I hate to double post...but did I lose everyone? ? If you all haven't seen the pics on the Charloe BC twitter acct. Can you look and vote??
Old 06-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Extreme Fan

OK, so we seem to have found a really good story this week. Thanks to Romeo for such a great one.

So I already got the stories for next time. One is a longer Hayj work. And the other is a short one by Lemon.

Tainted Love by Hayj.
Published 2/12/15. Two chapters, about 8700 words.

Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own

Don't You Forget About Me by LemonSupreme. Published 2/14/15. One chapter, around 1500 words.

Don't You Forget About Me - LemonSupreme - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Enjoy!!!

And Lemon, do you need these sent by e-mail? Also, just to confirm, Thursday July 20th works for me. Can't wait to hang out.

Sorry, LadyH, just getting the stories together. What are we voting for? I guess I need to go look.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, so we seem to have found a really good story this week. Thanks to Romeo for such a great one.

So I already got the stories for next time. One is a longer Hayj work. And the other is a short one by Lemon.

Tainted Love by Hayj.

Don't You Forget About Me by LemonSupreme. Published 2/14/15. One chapter, around 1500 words.

Enjoy!!!

And Lemon, do you need these sent by e-mail? Also, just to confirm, Thursday July 20th works for me. Can't wait to hang out.

Sorry, LadyH, just getting the stories together. What are we voting for? I guess I need to go look.
Stories are posted!

The 20th works great for us. We can touch base closer to then regarding when to meet and where exactly.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Tainted Love by Hayj.

Enjoy!!!

Cute puppies!!
Old 06-27-2017, 07:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Stories are posted!

The 20th works great for us. We can touch base closer to then regarding when to meet and where exactly.
Sounds good to me. Pittsburgh is much easier for me than where we met up last time. Any clue where you are staying? What part of the city you're going to be staying in?
Old 06-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Cute puppies!!
I stand by my first vote for the black one. However, pretty sure you can't go wrong with either one.

Hey, thoughts on rewatch next week? Do we skip it completely or do a different day?

Quote:
Sounds good to me. Pittsburgh is much easier for me than where we met up last time. Any clue where you are staying? What part of the city you're going to be staying in?
No idea, but I'll find out.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I stand by my first vote for the black one. However, pretty sure you can't go wrong with either one.

Hey, thoughts on rewatch next week? Do we skip it completely or do a different day?

Oh, jeez, I forgot next week was July 4th. Since life goes on as usual in the retail business, I tend to forget holidays like that one. I'm OK with either option. The only day really hard for me is Sunday, because our truck comes at 5am Monday morning.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I love the dark one too...he has gotten several votes, but so has the vote "both" lol

I didn't even think about the 4th. I will do whatever the group decides , but just pushing rewatch to the following Tuesday might be easiest for everyone
Old 06-27-2017, 07:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I guess I'm the only one with no plans for the 4th. I'm willing to make it another night, but I don't want to skip Charloe rewatch altogether!
Old 06-27-2017, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
I guess I'm the only one with no plans for the 4th. I'm willing to make it another night, but I don't want to skip Charloe rewatch altogether!
Well, we could go ahead and have it next week and whoever makes it, makes it? I have no idea if I'll be around or not.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well, we could go ahead and have it next week and whoever makes it, makes it? I have no idea if I'll be around or not.
Yeah, I think I will be, but not sure we'd get anyone.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
I don't think I have plans...working at BP but off at 6:30. ..I can do it Thursday or Friday next week I think I'm even off Saturday too. So if we can find another night I'm game

And if Tuesday works I can do that too. I'm easy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread