Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Bass & Charlie #26: "For one thing, I almost died. You know who saved me? Monroe."

Welcome to the 26th
Charlie/Monroe thread

fans
1. walking with spiders
2. Musicchild
3. severalmiles
4. Lutesse
5. PerfectAngel
6. ~MelBelle~
7. aelita
8. mariem201
9. Nici Dawson
10. - Nina -
11. Scorpio1080
12. KeepThisaSecret
13. Jasonsgurl310
14. Annie-Day10♥'
15. MrsDeanWinchester
16. soapyjoes
17. chiarrai87
18. collide
19. neon-tiger
20. hlgreenie
21. Trowells
22. lynaem
23. Charloe
24. Leelala
25. Against_all_odds
26. AllyOop
27. CandyStars121
28. Spacebabe
29. xlennie
30. priya1008
31. Charlie_Monroe fan
32. cherylleigh
33. ring of fire
34. saprater
35. k731
36. Vikram Phalange
37. IceonFire7
38. tina_falls
39. deedee86
40. Famu
41. ThereYoullBe
42. VampFan10
43. LemonSupreme
44. wildirish
45. twilightfan14
46. ILuvMyThesaurus
47. Jamieizskye
48. mlreeve1
49. RandiPandi88
50. MDRevolutionFan
51. jaqofspades
52. Romeokijai
53. RevoInfinite
54. Necropolisian
55. TexasRevoFan
56. Twisted Type
57. Undeniable
58. Wickedrum

honorary shippers
1. David Lyons
2. Tracy Spiridakos
3. Ely Gould
4. Duncan Page
5. Elizabeth Mitchell
6. Ryan Hooks, afterbuzz TV
7. Megan Thomas, afterbuzz TV
8. Francesca Dugan, afterbuzz TV
9. Tracy's aunt in Winnipeg
10. Rockne O'Bannon (on probation)

x

David & Tracy

future titles
"It would be kinda funny and maybe add an interesting layer to the group dynamic"
"In this season so far Monroe had a very interesting chemistry with Charlie. There was definitely a spark, as impossible as that might sound."
"Never give up hope" - Rockne S. O'Bannon
"You’re way better than he deserves." - Duncan
"The Charlie/Monroe scenes are ... always so electric. Those two have such intensity between them that it toys with Charlie's morals in a very dangerous, but exciting way."

Artwork of the Moment

x

Scenes of the Moment

XX

previous board threads
001 002 003 004 005
006 007 008 009 010

previous threads
OP design and artwork by Nelly.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm here

Also I posted the new link on the GSC page
Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Where is everybody? Why do I have to be the first to post in the new thread?

EDIT: Or not.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
I'm here
Yay! Oh, goodness. I wasn't sure this was ever going to work out. I've never seen them close down a thread before, so I wasn't able to do a quick reply to set up our next Charloe thread. And I wasn't even able to post a link to this thread. Geez, I'm going to have to be more aware of that in the future. So sorry about that, guys.

OK, well, a very late welcome to club. LadyH is feeling unwell and won't be joining us tonight. I'm hoping anyone else saw the link on the book club DM on Twitter.

Have we all read up for tonight?

Here is a link back to the old thread if we need it for any reason. http://www.fanforum.com/f88/bass-cha...l#post89290020
Old 06-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Yay! Oh, goodness. I wasn't sure this was ever going to work out. I've never seen them close down a thread before, so I wasn't able to do a quick reply to set up our next Charloe thread. And I wasn't even able to post a link to this thread. Geez, I'm going to have to be more aware of that in the future. So sorry about that, guys.

OK, well, a very late welcome to club. LadyH is feeling unwell and won't be joining us tonight. I'm hoping anyone else saw the link on the book club DM on Twitter.

Here is a link back to the old thread if we need it for any reason. http://www.fanforum.com/f88/bass-cha...l#post89290020
I read but my comments will be brief. Can go anytime.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I wish they'd let me edit my last post so I can put a link to this thread there -- but NO. *grumbles*

Other than that, how are you Ice? Congrats on the Penguins win.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I do have short comments ready to go.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
I wish they'd let me edit my last post so I can put a link to this thread there -- but NO. *grumbles*

Other than that, how are you Ice? Congrats on the Penguins win.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I do have short comments ready to go.
Well, I'm good. And that Penguins win was so, so awesome. But I haven't really gotten much sleep since it happened. I stayed up SO late on Sunday night, despite having to do the truck the next morning at 5. And then I ended up napping too long on Monday, making it really tough to sleep last night. So I'm a bit tired, but it was SOOOO worth it. A whole bunch of the Pens are at the Pirates baseball game right now, with the Stanley Cup. It's going to be another fun summer.

OK, Lemon, well, it looks like it's just you and me. My notes are also going to be super short. Do you want to go first? Oh, MD, I misunderstood and didn't realize you were ready as well. OK, well, how about Lemon, Ice and then MD.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Well, I'm good. And that Penguins win was so, so awesome. But I haven't really gotten much sleep since it happened. I stayed up SO late on Sunday night, despite having to do the truck the next morning at 5. And then I ended up napping too long on Monday, making it really tough to sleep last night. So I'm a bit tired, but it was SOOOO worth it. A whole bunch of the Pens are at the Pirates baseball game right now, with the Stanley Cup. It's going to be another fun summer.

OK, Lemon, well, it looks like it's just you and me. My notes are also going to be super short. Do you want to go first? Oh, MD, I misunderstood and didn't realize you were ready as well. OK, well, how about Lemon, Ice and then MD.
Sure.

I love the bones of this story. The idea of the power coming back on and Bass being reluctant to embrace the change... I liked the way he's pining for Charlie and the way he reacts to seeing her at the party. Love the idea of Charlie embracing the party as the novel event that it is (to her). Love the dance and the way things escalate quickly.

I think my only complaint is the flowery descriptions and holy metaphor, Batman. As complaints go, this one is minor. Overall, it's a really fun story. Loved this angle on Charloe.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Whole Lotta Love - Well, I liked this one quite a bit. I love the idea of Charlie and Bass sharing a sexy dance and it overwhelming both of them. And although it's a really small thing, I love how Bass threatens the other guy dancing with Charlie. Nothing beats being able to chase off the other guy just by stating your name.

I thought the smut was pretty well handled too. And I will admit to reading it pretty fast, so I think I may have skimmed over the flowery language you mentioned, Lemon.

Anyhow, I liked this one. Overall, well done.

MD, you can post when you are ready.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Whole Lotta Love - Well, I liked this one quite a bit. I love the idea of Charlie and Bass sharing a sexy dance and it overwhelming both of them. And although it's a really small thing, I love how Bass threatens the other guy dancing with Charlie. Nothing beats being able to chase off the other guy just by stating your name.

I thought the smut was pretty well handled too. And I will admit to reading it pretty fast, so I think I may have skimmed over the flowery language you mentioned, Lemon.

Anyhow, I liked this one. Overall, well done.

MD, you can post when you are ready.
Quote:
...Oh, MD, I misunderstood and didn't realize you were ready as well. OK, well, how about Lemon, Ice and then MD.
Was feeling like chopped liver there for a minute. *whew -- HATES liver*

Whole Lotta Love, iwilltry_tocarryon:

I didn't have time to take notes as I read, so I have to do this from memory, but overall, I liked this story -- was a decent read. Bass and Charlie finally acting on their feelings is always a winning concept, and both the scenes with them dancing and the wall sex in the alley in ch2 were hot.

But... I was a little put off by some of the wording -- kind of embarrassing, really. I was also a little confused about how Bass removed Charlie's dress -- IIRC he tore it off her, which, if they were in a private place might not be so bad, but how's she going to get home from that alley with no clothes?

My only other complaint is that I just don't see "Whole lotta love" (unless iwilltry wasn't referring to the Led Zeppelin song (but I don't know of another version)) as being something to dance to -- I just can't see it. *shrugs* But that's just my opinion and not a real critique -- really minor -- and I might just feel differently if it were me dancing with Bass.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
Was feeling like chopped liver there for a minute. *whew -- HATES liver*

Whole Lotta Love, iwilltry_tocarryon:

I didn't have time to take notes as I read, so I have to do this from memory, but overall, I liked this story -- was a decent read. Bass and Charlie finally acting on their feelings is always a winning concept, and both the scenes with them dancing and the wall sex in the alley in ch2 were hot.

But... I was a little put off by some of the wording -- kind of embarrassing, really. I was also a little confused about how Bass removed Charlie's dress -- IIRC he tore it off her, which, if they were in a private place might not be so bad, but how's she going to get home from that alley with no clothes?

My only other complaint is that I just don't see "Whole lotta love" (unless iwilltry wasn't referring to the Led Zeppelin song (but I don't know of another version)) as being something to dance to -- I just can't see it. *shrugs* But that's just my opinion and not a real critique -- really minor -- and I might just feel differently if it were me dancing with Bass.
You are not chopped liver.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
You are not chopped liver.
<3 But I did feel ignored for just a second though.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Extreme Fan

OK, well, that was pretty quick. And I'm sorry, MD. When you said no on your first post, I thought you meant that you hadn't read. So, my bad, for totally misinterpreting that*blushes*

So I was glancing through the upcoming stories and, since I usually always forget, I figured I would just put the next story up right now. It's a bit of a longer one (about 10,000 words), but it won't be due until the next club, so that gives us two full weeks. And I remember reading it and thinking it was pretty good. It's by Romeo.

Moments With Charlotte by romeookijai. Published 2/11/15. Four chapters, 10,966 words.

Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own

Maybe we can even get her to pop in two weeks from now when we talk about it.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, well, that was pretty quick. And I'm sorry, MD. When you said no on your first post, I thought you meant that you hadn't read. So, my bad, for totally misinterpreting that*blushes*

So I was glancing through the upcoming stories and, since I usually always forget, I figured I would just put the next story up right now. It's a bit of a longer one (about 10,000 words), but it won't be due until the next club, so that gives us two full weeks. And I remember reading it and thinking it was pretty good. It's by Romeo.

Moments With Charlotte by romeookijai. Published 2/11/15. Four chapters, 10,966 words.

Thanks for posting, Ice! 'Cause I know you're really busy and I do hate hassling people.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

It's up on the site now too
Closed Thread   Post New Thread