Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2016, 08:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Good night to everyone I missed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Good night, Irish.

And you're remembering the story right, MD

Well, we've made it through four big stories over the past two weeks, and it's been fun to do something a bit different. Next week we'll just go back to reading our normal stories. Although we had discussed doing a few other new things, but I'll have to chat with Lemon to go over them again. I admit I haven't looked over the stories that have popped up, but I'll go over them tomorrow afternoon and get them to Lemon to post.

Thessie, sorry you got dragged out of town at the last minute. Anything you'd like to add this week? Or anybody else?
Yeah, last minute travel is always kind of a pain in the rear. Eh, such is life. Although, this is a bit more annoying than usual, as I'm having issues with my hotel room, so I'm probably going to switch tomorrow. And the internet is SOOOOOOOO slow. It takes forever for me to reload stuff and to send emails. *grumbles*

I remember loving both those stories, but Chapter 3 of Whynot's was really awful! The rest of the story was really amazing though. I wish she'd return to the fandom, as she's so talented. I remember being extremely confused by the ending of 'Stranded'. I loved the vast majority of it, but the ending was hard to follow. I adored non-blackout Bass a ton though -- he was a complete sweetheart. She's another writer I really miss.

I'm not having super deep thoughts tonight. I've literally gotten about 10 hours of sleep in the last three nights combined. Now I'm just waiting for the sleep meds to kick in and make me loopy.
ILuvMyThesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Sorry to do this, but I'm exhausted. Heading to bed. Hope you all have a fantastic week.
Good night, Lemon. <3

GAH!!!! Win10 is STILL installing on my mom's PC! The f-ing thing is stuck at 99%!!!! *pulls hair out*
MDRevolutionFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
Good night, Lemon. <3

GAH!!!! Win10 is STILL installing on my mom's PC! The f-ing thing is stuck at 99%!!!! *pulls hair out*

OK, guys, MD is ripping out her hair and Thessie is falling under the sleep med fluffy white cloud. Why don't we call it an early night this week. I started work at 7 AM today and was supposed to be done at 3. But there was a lot of stuff that needed done, so I didn't get out until around 5. I'm a bit tired myself. Let's all get a good night's sleep.

Thessie, get some rest and safe travels home.

MD, try not to let the computer get the better of you, OK.

I'll go over stories tomorrow and we'll post what we're reading for next week. Thanks for joining us for the second week of our second year anniversary. I'll talk to you guys at rewatch this week. Good night.
IceonFire7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, guys, MD is ripping out her hair and Thessie is falling under the sleep med fluffy white cloud. Why don't we call it an early night this week. I started work at 7 AM today and was supposed to be done at 3. But there was a lot of stuff that needed done, so I didn't get out until around 5. I'm a bit tired myself. Let's all get a good night's sleep.

Thessie, get some rest and safe travels home.

MD, try not to let the computer get the better of you, OK.

I'll go over stories tomorrow and we'll post what we're reading for next week. Thanks for joining us for the second week of our second year anniversary. I'll talk to you guys at rewatch this week. Good night.
Ok. *sad sigh* Good night, Ice. I hope things ease up at work for you soon!

As for me, I'll be spending the next few hours combing Google for a solution to the problem.

Good night, Thessie. <3 Safe travels.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
Ok. *sad sigh* Good night, Ice. I hope things ease up at work for you soon!

As for me, I'll be spending the next few hours combing Google for a solution to the problem.

Good night, Thessie. <3 Safe travels.
Okay, I've got to head to bed as well. I just jerked awake sitting at the desk in my room...

The Windows10 thing is annoying. Mine downloaded without my permission during the night a couple months ago. I kept saying no and putting it off, and then woke up one day with a completely different operating system, lol. Oh well, I like it well enough.

Good night everyone! I hope you all have a fabulous week and hope to chat with you soon...
Old 08-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Extreme Fan

OK, guys, just welcoming everyone to club. I know a lot of us are running late tonight, so I'll just say hello and hope everyone had a decent weekend. We can get started in just a bit, after we wait for a few more of us to show up.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, guys, just welcoming everyone to club. I know a lot of us are running late tonight, so I'll just say hello and hope everyone had a decent weekend. We can get started in just a bit, after we wait for a few more of us to show up.
Hey everyone, hope you all had a great weekend!

I'm perfectly on time for once...tis a bit scary.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hey, Ice. How's it going? Me = ok.

I'm here, but I didn't get any reading done this week, so don't put me in the lineup.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm here and I'm just about done with my thoughts on tonight's story...one that I have read a few times.

Hope everyone is doing good tonight!!
mlreeve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
I'm here and I'm just about done with my thoughts on tonight's story...one that I have read a few times.

Well, that's great, LadyH. And welcome, MD and Thessie!

OK, let's wait for another five minutes and then we'll set the line-up. That should give you time to finish, LadyH. I'm ready to go whenever. MD, that's no problem; I won't put you in. Thessie, did you want to be in the line-up tonight?
Old 08-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I'll have to go at the end. I didn't have a chance to finish my thoughts, and I'm hopping up every 5-10 minutes to check on meat I'm cooking for a party.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
I'll have to go at the end. I didn't have a chance to finish my thoughts, and I'm hopping up every 5-10 minutes to check on meat I'm cooking for a party.
I am ready to go whenever you guys are...
Old 08-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I am ready to go whenever you guys are...
OK, well, I'll post first, then you can go, LadyH. And then Thessie when you're ready, you can post then. When Lemon gets here, we can add her. And Irish wasn't sure she was going to be able to come tonight. So we'll play the rest by ear.

No Turning Back - I really liked this one. I love how she sets the whole thing up, trapping them inside the collapsed building where they have nowhere to go and are forced to face one another and their feelings. I have to say Bass never fails to make Charlie's safety his top priority . He can be very selfish and a lot of times puts himself first, except where Charlie is concerned; he always makes sure she's OK. And his concern here is for her to worry about getting herself out and not him. But I love that she refuses to leave him. And how darn worried she is for him. I love that he is totally honest with her since he thinks he's going to die, as it allows him to finally admit to his feelings. And how great is it that Miles found the two of them kissing, Charlie in only a bra, when they finally pulled the rubble off of them.

I love the banter between Charlie and Bass in this. Of course Bass wants to backtrack, but she won't let him. And then I love that they need to test out the kiss, see if it really meant something. They should test it out a whole lot. And even though he's in pain, he is SO willing to take one for the team.

Rachel acts like a total bitch throughout this story. She's far more concerned with waking up the exhausted Charlie just to get her away from Bass, rather than leave her to sleep in the same bed as him. I found her annoying in this, which I imagine was monroe_militia's plan. At some point, I just wanted to punch her and tell her to leave her daughter alone. I was so glad she got stuck in the uncomfortable chair in the corner of the room. Served her right. And as usual, Miles is caught in the middle of it all. There are times I really wish he had told Rachel to take a hike. Or even more, stuck up for Bass and Charlie, not just in fanfic, but on the show as well. I wanted him to grow a pair; he's so tough until Rachel gets involved and then he just shuts down and makes bad moves.

I like how this story was a beginning for Bass and Charlie; how the accident gave them the courage to open up to one another. And how they refused to back down to the rest of their family and friends. The end left me very happy as it seems that the two of them are about to start a relationship and finally be happy.

LadyH, you're up whenever you're ready.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, well, I'll post first, then you can go, LadyH. And then Thessie when you're ready, you can post then. When Lemon gets here, we can add her. And Irish wasn't sure she was going to be able to come tonight. So we'll play the rest by ear.

No Turning Back - I really liked this one. I love how she sets the whole thing up, trapping them inside the collapsed building where they have nowhere to go and are forced to face one another and their feelings. I have to say Bass never fails to make Charlie's safety his top priority . He can be very selfish and a lot of times puts himself first, except where Charlie is concerned; he always makes sure she's OK. And his concern here is for her to worry about getting herself out and not him. But I love that she refuses to leave him. And how darn worried she is for him. I love that he is totally honest with her since he
he's going to die, as it allows him to finally admit to his feelings. And how great is it that Miles found the two of them kissing, Charlie in only a bra, when they finally pulled the rubble off of them.

I love the banter between Charlie and Bass in this. Of course Bass wants to backtrack, but she won't let him. And then I love that they need to test out the kiss, see if it really meant something. They should test it out a whole lot. And even though he's in pain, he is SO willing to take one for the team.

Rachel acts like a total bitch throughout this story. She's far more concerned with waking up the exhausted Charlie just to get her away from Bass, rather than leave her to sleep in the same bed as him. I found her annoying in this, which I imagine was monroe_militia's plan. At some point, I just wanted to punch her and tell her to leave her daughter alone. I was so glad she got stuck in the uncomfortable chair in the corner of the room. Served her right. And as usual, Miles is caught in the middle of it all. There are times I really wish he had told Rachel to take a hike. Or even more, stuck up for Bass and Charlie, not just in fanfic, but on the show as well. I wanted him to grow a pair; he's so tough until Rachel gets involved and then he just shuts down and makes bad moves.

I like how this story was a beginning for Bass and Charlie; how the accident gave them the courage to open up to one another. And how they refused to back down to the rest of their family and friends. The end left me very happy as it seems that the two of them are about to start a relationship and finally be happy.

LadyH, you're up whenever you're ready.

No Turning Back
monroe_militia

I love this story…and you can always count on Monroe_militia to update her stuff even if it takes months in between.

Chapter 1

I absolutely love when Bass says this to Charlie after they get trapped…
"Charlie Matheson, you are one of the most stubborn and downright irritating people that I have ever met, and that is saying something," Bass told her and he heard a small laugh come from her at that. "But you're also one of the best and strongest. And somehow, somewhere along the line you stopped being annoying and started being something else."
"Bass, you don't have to-"
"Yes. I do," he told her. "I wish I could see you right now. Dying might not be so bad if I got to see a pretty face as I went."
Charlie let out a weak laugh through her tears at that.
"Trust me; you don't want to see me right now. I'm a mess," she told him.
"I want to see you, mess or not," he assured her. "Just hearing your laugh drives me insane, Charlie. And I've been trying to deny it for so long. But there's not really any point anymore, is there?"

You would think by now Bass wouldn’t underestimate Miles…not only did he want to rescue Charlie, but he still loves Bass like a brother. And even with Bass being injured Miles has to be his sarcastic self…
"…So am I allowed to ask what the whole making out when we found you thing was about?" Miles asked. "Or is it too soon?"

Chapter 2

Charlie refusing to sleep until she knew Bass was awake and OK is great especially since she isn’t sure what to think about what happened between them.
I like how she put this little convo between Miles and Bass in here it seems perfect for these two..

"You're glad that I'm not dead," Bass accused with a grin.Yeah," Miles told him. "If anything's going to kill you, it's going to be me."
Bass just smiled. He knew it was his friend's way of saying that he was glad that he was alright.

I love that even after he has almost died in a building collapse they still go back and forth with each other…it’s great.
"You scared the hell out of me," she told him. "You know, you are a terrible person to get stuck in a death-trap with."
"I don't know," he responded in an amused tone. "As far as near death experiences go, I thought it was pretty fun."
"It probably was for you," she replied. "You didn't have to spend the whole time wondering if at any moment you were suddenly going to be making out with a corpse... I know that's always what gets me going."

Chapter 3

I really love the idea of Charlie falling asleep next to Bass, and the fact that it irritates Rachel is just a bonus. Plus it’s really sweet that Bass lets her sleep even though he is bored out of his mind and hungry. I’m also very happy that they decided to figure out if there was something to their kiss.
After a moment's hesitation she admitted, "I'm not sure how to do this without straddling you."
"By all means, straddle away," he responded with a grin.
Charlie rolled her eyes at that, "I'm trying not to injure you."
"Charlie, do you really think that I'm going to complain about getting hurt from having you on top of me?" He questioned.

Chapter 4

I love this entire chapter so much. The argument between Charlie and Rachel was great because I love it when Charlie lays into Rachel. And the snarky back and forth between Miles and Bass was awesome…the two of them getting along is my favorite thing other than Charloe.

Chapter 5/6

Seriously not surprised that Rachel would plant herself in a chair and just stare at them…and Bass just had to poke the bear. Charlie definitely wasn’t too happy about the way Bass was trying to irritate her mom.

Chapter 7/8

Seriously…how cute are Bass and Charlie??
Charlie rolled her eyes, then set his breakfast down and walked over to him and kissed him. Maybe his wound wasn't healed yet, but while he was standing up was her only real chance to kiss him without injuring him in the process.
As she pulled back, he commented, "I still don't know if that was worth how much of a bitch getting up was."
She raised an eyebrow at him, wondering if she should feel insulted, but that thought disappeared as he brought his lips back down to hers.
"Now was it worth it?" She asked as she came back up for air.
A smirk formed on his lips as he insisted, "I don't know... I'm still not sure."
"We should probably try that again, right?" She asked him before shaking her head a little at the things she let him get away with.
"If you insist," Bass agreed before bringing his lips to hers once again, seeming to have completely forgotten about his food.

This has got to be one of the best last lines of a Charloe fic…and it fits Miles personality perfectly…
"Try not to have a building collapse on you again," he told them with a smirk as he watched them head for the door.

Ok..obviously I really like this story...Thessie whenever you're ready
Old 08-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm going to be a little while. I burned my pointer finger, and trying to type without it is difficult. So, discuss among yourselves and if someone else pops in they can post first.
Reply   Post New Thread