Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2016, 11:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Our summer has been pretty average so far. Lots of hot days and storms, a few tornadoes. I'm not looking forward to the 100 degree days we've got coming in the forecast.

If only fangirling could pay the bills, lol. I wish. My job has calmed down a bit, and the writing is even a tiny bit quieter than it was in the beginning of the year. That was insane. I think it's just cause I'm so behind on stuff around my house and yard. Plus it feels so weird with summer running away. There are never enough hours in the day. And never enough hours to submerse yourself in fandom!

Read any good fics lately?

Please do keep your fingers crossed. At this point we need all the luck we can get. It's just been an all out disaster for us. He was the GM for far too long. He left the post in the 2000s and then his self-selected replacement was a complete bust, so they invited him back. Well, basically everything he's done in the last decade has been poor. He's also VERY old school, doesn't want to change his perspective on scouting, and won't use certain stats and other modern facets that most other organizations have adopted. So, I'm not sad to see the end of his reign. Hopefully this will shakes things up and get something going, even if it's next year, cause this has been dismal. Other than last year where we managed to finish above .500, we've been awful since about 2011. The Minnesota Wild fired their coach this year too, so we'll see what happens there as well. That's pretty amazing that the Penguins have done that twice now and gone on to win the Stanley Cup.
Hey, looks like I posted my edit over your post.

I do know what it's like to have a baseball team that sucks. The Pirates are notorious for not spending money even when they really should. It's why we struggle so much from time to time. Anyway, maybe this will really help your team out.

And sadly, I haven't had a lot of time read any fics lately.

I'm sorry, Thessie, but I have to go. I work in the morning and I need to get to bed. I will talk to you on Sunday night for rewatch. And next week we'll do the rest of the anniversary club stories. Get some rest and don't work too hard.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Hey, looks like I posted my edit over your post.

I do know what it's like to have a baseball team that sucks. The Pirates are notorious for not spending money even when they really should. It's why we struggle so much from time to time. Anyway, maybe this will really help your team out.

And sadly, I haven't had a lot of time read any fics lately.

I'm sorry, Thessie, but I have to go. I work in the morning and I need to get to bed. I will talk to you on Sunday night for rewatch. And next week we'll do the rest of the anniversary club stories. Get some rest and don't work too hard.
Good night Icicle. Twas yawning myself and thinking was high time I headed to bed as well. Obviously my earlier nap just wasn't enough, haha.

I know you understand bad baseball...it's awful! I'm happy one of us has at least a .500 team.

This was a fun way to do a special BC, so it'll be nice to continue it next week as well. I hope after tomorrow things calm down with work! We'll chat soon. Take care...
Old 07-26-2016, 06:05 PM
Extreme Fan

OK, guys, I'll welcome you, even if all of us aren't here yet. And I'll set up a new thread for us because we'll definitely be reaching the end of this one pretty soon.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, guys, I'll welcome you, even if all of us aren't here yet. And I'll set up a new thread for us because we'll definitely be reaching the end of this one pretty soon.
Hello!!!! Hope all is well. How are you Ice?? I feel like I haven't talked to you much lately at all.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hi, Ice. How's it going? Me = ok this week, albeit frustrated that the Win10 upgrade on my mom's pc is going SO slow (this is the last few days you can dl it for free, so it's now or never). Anyway, been at it all afternoon. grrr

Isn't anyone else here?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Hello!!!! Hope all is well. How are you Ice?? I feel like I haven't talked to you much lately at all.
I know, I'm so sorry. I haven't been online as much as usual lately. I'm still working a few nights a week until the new senior asst. manager is fully trained. And I'm still trying to get real life to calm down somewhat. I keep thinking "next week it will be better," but it's just not happening yet.

And hi there, MD. As of right now, it's just the three of us.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
Hi, Ice. How's it going? Me = ok this week, albeit frustrated that the Win10 upgrade on my mom's pc is going SO slow (this is the last few days you can dl it for free, so it's now or never). Anyway, been at it all afternoon. grrr

Isn't anyone else here?
I upgraded. Kind of wish I could go back. Hope you love Windows 10. I'm not really a fan.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I upgraded. Kind of wish I could go back. Hope you love Windows 10. I'm not really a fan.
I'm here. I'm sorry I'm late--I actually forgot it was book club night. I was all curled up because I'm exhausted.

Lemon, how come you don't like the Windows 10?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
There are things I like about it better than 8.1, but the personalization is definitely lacking, and the 'stick figure' icons just don't have any appeal AT ALL. :/ *shrugs*
Old 07-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
I'm here. I'm sorry I'm late--I actually forgot it was book club night. I was all curled up because I'm exhausted.

Lemon, how come you don't like the Windows 10?
Well, to be fair to Windows 10, maybe it's user error, but....I have a sidebar where all my favorites go and my old version 8 or whatever it was, showed them all at once. Now they are split into tabs and I have to toggle back and forth. When I'm on Yahoo messenger, if I don't happen to have that tab open, I don't know I'm getting a message. I'm getting used to it, sort of, but it's not wonderful.

Edit - I may have just fixed my own problem. Sorry Mr. Gates, for doubting you.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDRevolutionFan (View Post)
There are things I like about it better than 8.1, but the personalization is definitely lacking, and the 'stick figure' icons just don't have any appeal AT ALL. :/ *shrugs*
I really wasn't a fan of 8 at all. I'm iffy on 10. I sort of wish I could just go back to 7 really.

So should we just get things underway, even with just the four of us?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I really wasn't a fan of 8 at all. I'm iffy on 10. I sort of wish I could just go back to 7 really.

I've been on Windows 10 for a long time now. I've adjusted to it from Windows 7 so I don't even think about it anymore.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Sure.

And Ice, I'm sorry things have still been so crazy busy IRL for you. Sending big virtual hugs your way.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
I've been on Windows 10 for a long time now. I've adjusted to it from Windows 7 so I don't even think about it anymore.
OK, guys, let's move over to our new thread. And then we'll start the reviewing.

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/bass-cha.../#post86929547

OK, please post when you get over there so I know you made it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread