Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't believe them. And even if it does happen I'm calling BS because Aurora has only ever showed feelings for Phillip. Also they are true love. Don't retcon that.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I cannot believe it and yet I can. I can't believe that they actually made Regina Ursula but this is A&E who have the least amount of creativity ever.
I remember in s1 Regina did mention Ariel to Maleficent. I was holding out a shred of hope that A&E would retcon Regina being Ursula just like they retconned everything else, especially after a TV Guide article said Ursula = a powerful goddess. Regina is not a powerful goddess.

Quote:
The CSers try so hard, bless them but people just don't give a fig
Not even the actors give a fig. It's glorious. Did you see how much more excited Colin was about Captain Charming on Twitter than he was CS?

Quote:
thought Hook's development was so lame. I wanted them to explore Hook/Pan and what Pan meant with Hook working for him! That would at least have been more interesting scenes than seeing a rehash of Frankenwhale's story with Hook
I think Hook had the lamest backstory. The writers didn't even try with him, and that hurts to say as a person who loved Hook when he was first introduced.
I'd LOVE to see Hook/Pan work together. But I did roll my eyes when Pan said Hook's reward for working with him would be having Emma all to himself. Must his motivation be all about Emma?

We are never getting an Aurora/Mulan arc. A&E lied. Unless they think arc means one episode where Mulan wants to say ILY, but doesn't get the chance.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Fan

^LMAO, I guess Colin thinks Captain Charming is a more interesting ship than CS just like the rest of us

This entire episode was about ~redeeming Hook so he'd be good enough for Emma. That's why they had Charming go from you're not good enough to oh well, he's not so bad after all. Basically keep hitting us over the head with how Hook IS THERE b/c of Emma Never mind that there's has not been build-up for it!

Even when you have the absolutely lowest expectations, they end up disappointing. I'm preparing myself for a 2 min arc for APM just like how they resolved saving Phillip last season
Old 10-27-2013, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Colin has good taste and intelligence.

Charming toasting Hook at the end was vomit inducing. And Snow being all gung-ho about toasting Hook was WTF too. Regina made a bunch of roll eye faces tonight that fit my reaction. I swear, 1 second into the ep my eyes already hurt.

I hate the writers for forgetting that Hook is there for BAE, not Emma. He wasn't in love with her in s2. Where the hell are these ~*~feelings~*~ coming from now?

I want to see Aurora be important to the story again and not stuck in a love triangle.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

You know the writing is SO BAD this season that I would be okay with never seeing Aurora so that way I know her character won't be ruined somehow.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrangerDanger (View Post)
You know the writing is SO BAD this season that I would be okay with never seeing Aurora so that way I know her character won't be ruined somehow.
Good point. She'll live on in fanfic where she and Hook bang all the time.

the sun summoner
HOLLIE!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Seriously Hollie.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love her. The art is much needed. Her arts are one of my favorite parts on tumblr.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Like how does she even?
Old 10-28-2013, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

Alright, I'm going to come out and say the episode wasn't that bad. The major faults for me were:
1. Hook went to NVL because of Emma. Really? Not the story we saw in the s2 finale.
2. Killian turning into a pirate, because he felt betrayed by the king and his brother died, was a plausible motive for his change of lifestyle imo, but it happened way too quickly. Especially the whole crew just believing him and being like 'We came here as Navy man fighting for our country, but hey, whatever, we're going along with this guy who was a big pain in the butt just a couple of days ago and become pirates!'. Killian was lucky they didn't just throw him overboard. The writers should have spent more time on that storyline.

Also, the sextant wasn't lost on the island, but is among Killian's belongings. Wouldn't it still be on the Jolly Roger? (How did he come up with that name anyways?) Dare I hope Hook is holding back that piece of information from the rest of the gang?

Now the things I loved:
1. Hook/Pan, more of that please! And the scenes were definitely a bit hot. Pan calling Hook a one-handed pirate with a drinking problem was priceless, at least we know where Hook's sass went. Can we please have a Hook/Pan/Tink spinoff with guest appearences by Neal/Bae, Regina and Charming?
2. Hook/Charming, they do have a great chemistry.

It was interesting to see Hook as a once honorable man and the relationship with his brother. Would I prefer another backstory for Hook? One that involves him fighting his way through life after his father abandoned him, being a thief to survive and eventually becoming a pirate because of the circumstances? Absolutely! But I'm trying to get along with what we're given. Hook trying to be a better man now would be a less awful storyline, if it weren't for the Emma factor. I'd feel better about it, if his motivation came from everything that happened with Bae and spending time with Charming, who reminds him of his brother and the man he once was. Although, even so, Hook the hero is boring.

I still don't think Hook/Emma will end up together or develop into something serious. I just can't imagine it with Neal still in the picture. And Hook might struggle a bit with the information that Neal is alive, but he must know that telling Emma about it is the only way to go, because those things tend to come out eventually and where would he be then?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:29 AM
Addicted Fan

^The problem is that those major faults were what made up the episode. So while there were lots of stuff in the ep. that worked for me like Captain Charming and Captain Pan, it doesn't change how the overall story sucked. Hook's backstory sucked and didn't make sense. It was a terrible rush job, not to mention a recycle of Frankenwhale's story. And the worst thing is that it could have been easily fixed if they could be bothered.

Hook already mentioned that he was abandoned by his father (or something like that) so if he became a thief, then later a pirate for means of survival that would make more sense. And I would rather have seen this "working relationship" he had with Pan, than Hook saving Charming to get into Emma's pants. Beyond Milah, everything Hook has done has been self-serving. Without explaining how or when he developed feelings for Emma, I can't buy he would put himself in constant danger for Emma. Absolutely not. So everything about the episode falls about.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

I have to agree with you, I'm afraid, and that doesn't make it much easier for me to cling onto the remaining sympathy I have for Hook or the show. What bothers me most about Hook's backstory is that it seems like the writers didn't even try, it was such a lazy job, like they had to come up with something and just wanted to get it out of the way.

And yes, I'd much have preferred to see what it was that he did for Pan, when working for him. I hope we get that in the future.
I do understand that he feels some kind of bond with Emma or that he likes her, but like you, I can't see where his feelings strong romantic feelings are suddenly coming from. Any selfless actions from him would be much more plausible, if they were done because of Bea and Hook's relationship with him. The end of season two was such a good start, why did they change that?
Old 10-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

to every sentence you girls wrote.

I am far more interested in Pan/Hook and what their working relationship was like. We never saw a version of Peter Pan where Peter and Hook are in cahoots, so I'd love it if OUAT went there. But they won't go there b/c they need to fanservice the CS shippers.

I really wanted Hook's flashback to start from the time his dad abandoned him, to show him being alone and helpless and needing to steal to survive, and then deciding to join a pirate ship to have some sort of protection,

Bless Colin though for trying to sell the story.

And yea, no way would Navy men be like "Yea! We're becoming pirates because the captain's kid brother told us to." No, they'd overthrow him right then and there.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I really wanted Hook's flashback to start from the time his dad abandoned him, to show him being alone and helpless and needing to steal to survive, and then deciding to join a pirate ship to have some sort of protection,
That's pretty much what I had in mind for the Hook flashback.
Btw. it must really suck for Hook that he abandoned the Navy, because he didn't want to work for a ruthless king and then ended working for Peter Pan.

Someone please make a Brokeback Mountain vid for them!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Someone please make a Brokeback Mountain vid for them!
I wish I knew how to make fan videos. Josh/Colin have one of my favorite friendships among the cast.

Quote:
Btw. it must really suck for Hook that he abandoned the Navy, because he didn't want to work for a ruthless king and then ended working for Peter Pan.
Has there ever been a time in Killian's life where he wasn't some else's bitch and doing another person's dirty work? First there was Cora and now Pan.
Is it too much to ask to see Hook's fugitive father?