Old 01-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Bummer. Kind of disappointed, but not really surprised. :/

JohnAeryn

ClarkLois--ZaneJo--SamAndy--SydVaughn--RuzekBurgess--HookEmma
Nowhere girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

No, no, no. This is not okay. Can we not even get a little mini season like White Collar did to end it the right way? Because this is crap. It was supposed to end with Auggie and Annie together not with freaking Natasha and McQuaid and not with Auggie having quit like that. This crap ending we got just breaks my heart. Way to just completely screw over the fans USA Network. Real nice.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I think it's the writers's fault. The ratings were bad for a while and they should have written a better ending to the season because there was a big chance it could get cancelled.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

It's really upsetting they cancelled the show I know what your saying Juliana, but I think at the same time USA had a right to tell them if it may get cancelled due to the ratings etc. So they could be given a proper ending especially since the ratings haven't been the best since the beginning of the season and they were still writing/filming stuff for the last 6 before they aired it when they were doing the first 10 of S5. Even still USA sucks so much for not even just wanting to give it a proper send off.

"Nathan... this is what we do alright,
we're that couple
NathanAudrey
RachaelAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Terrible news.

Icon by Fiona
Jamie Choate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, boo...
Old 06-02-2015, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I'm still sad about this. I finally watched the last few episodes and in my mind they get back together eventually.

I saw this post on tumblr and I agree with most of it, I don't know what happened but the writers messed it up so badly.

Quote:
I’m still mad about how unfulfilling the show’s ending was and I just need to point out a few things. Don’t think we’ll ever get the answers…

I’m a romantic at heart (which, as a philosophy teacher one told me makes me even more cynic, as most romantics are) which is why I watched Covert Affairs for the romance. Actually, for the promise of a romance. As Auggie was the character that caught my attention, I watched solely for a romance arc for him.

The series ended in a point where I’ve wanted anyone BUT Annie as his endgame, but that’s not the reason of this half rant. It’s the other four seasons.

What truly baffles me is that CA took a few daring steps, more daring (I think) than other shows where it’s pretty obvious they’re going to pair the two leads.

They had they main character fall for Auggie. It wasn’t the other way around and I find that bold. In the midst of that whole Simon storyline, Corman & Ord were giving out interviews like this in which they practically said that in the back of her mind, Auggie is the one she wants.

They had her being completely heartbroken because of him in various eps starting with 216.

One could argue that we’ve seen her heartbroken (even more) because of Ben and nothing come out of that. But Ben wasn’t the main lead.

The writers went even further and had Auggie make a bedside confession. Afterwards, they planted all the necessary seeds: he went home to her to tell her how how he feels, but she was with Eyal. Another obstacle. He kept trying to push a big talk, but never found the right time, which is code for ‘we’re gonna do it as a cliffhanger in the finale’.

And S3 finale brought two things: the beginning of a more serialized show (which, IMO, was a big mistake. House & The Mentalist made it through more season keeping their 'case of the ep’ format, which some bigger plots here and there) and the beginning of Walkerson.

If you catch the USA Netwok site and check Piper & Chris’s interviews for the S3 finale, PP says the Walkerson kiss was a “huge moment of OMG” while CG says he’s happy with the direction.

At the end of S4, we had Walkerson going out for dinner with Heartbeats playing in the background. C&0 described that scene as 'trying to build a bridge between the two’ and everyone now knows that if S4 would’ve been the series finale, the endgame would’ve been Walkerson, with Annie quitting the Agency.

So what happened behind the curtain that has led to the **** storm that was S5?

One could say that they found out Ryan is so popular & Bond-like, they decided to keep him for Annie and write everything from there.

But if it’s not that - as live ratings fell terribly - what could’ve been? Was it the other way around? They felt they needed to give Annie someone who able to join her in the field?

Because honestly, even with all the 'power to the blind people’ propaganda, and how great Auggie is 'in spite of his disability’, this is how it feels to me. Everything was rushed, the buildup wasn’t organic, it felt like a bandage, a fast solution to a problem. But why? Where was the problem? Did they feel Auggie didn’t have enough testosterone? That he wasn’t the poster guy for 'manliness’?

WHY, after 4 years of buildup, did they change direction?

What was the reason for this?

A push from the advertisers? A wrong reading of core audience?

The fact that we don’t know and won’t know this makes me unable to rewatch the show.
http://andrejia05.tumblr.com/

I was looking for my favorite fanvids to remember them:

Goodbye Walkerson! I will forever ship them

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 06-02-2015 at 01:15 AM
AlwaysCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Oh, no Another couple I ship down the toilet with a terrible ending...
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
ElizaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I did not watch the last season, and it sounds like a good thing I did not. I was a total Auggie and Annie shipper from the moment he followed her into the restroom to talk to her.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

They had some good moments but in general you didn't miss much. They forced a new love interest on us and Auggie/Annie were platonic all season, like they never dated.

It's a shame, but there's nothing we can do. I'll always remember their best moments and will ship them forever.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad I didn't watch then. Probably wont. I was s o happy when they got together. I wonder why they decided to go that route.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 11-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
They had some good moments but in general you didn't miss much. They forced a new love interest on us and Auggie/Annie were platonic all season, like they never dated.

It's a shame, but there's nothing we can do. I'll always remember their best moments and will ship them forever.
Yep this!

HazelEyes008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

They deserved better and so did we.