Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 04:18 PM
New Fan

Neda, the video is Uh-mazing
The song is very fitting for ArMor
&&
new thread!
"Call me a name, kill me with words. Forget about me it's what I deserve.I hope the air will serve to remind you that my heart is as cold as the clouds of your breath and my words are as timed as the beating in my chest."

Paigey
Vestigeish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Authority on Arthurian **** is my wrestler persona. :rolfl: Sure, I'll keep it.
Glad you like it.

Quote:
What other wrestlers are on the thread. And when are we going to get to thread 60 here?
There's Neda The Enabler! Um..that's it so far. And we should open a new thread now
Black_Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguetta (View Post)
Happy Friday, or possibly Saturday!

Almost a new thread! As for a a title suggestion -- how about Betty's Their's is a furious love?

Hi Liza! Yes, I have heard of the association between Morgan(a) le Fay and the Morrigan. There is some contention on the etymology of the name. It can be translated as "Great Queen", but that would be written Mórrêgan with the diacritic mark over the "o". In many of the texts it appears as
Morrêgan, without the diacritic accent on the "o"; this is translated as "Phantom Queen", some scholars consider this the older, and more precise translation.

As you mentioned, Liza, the Morrigan is associated with prophecy, sovereignty, war, and death on the battlefield. She can take the form of crow or raven flying above the warriors. She has been considered comparable to the Norse Valkyries in that she's a war goddess, but as she also has associations with cattle which indicates she was connected to fertility, land, and wealth. Among the ancient Irish wealth was cattle. In the Ulster Cycle the Morrigan also appears as an eel, a wolf, and a cow.

Morgan(a) le Fay is also associated with the Welsh goddess Modron, the mother of the Celtic God of Youth, Mabon or Maponos. . Her name can be translated as "Divine Mother", in this she is most likely Dea Matrona, who was associated with the Marne River in Gaul (France). In fact, she most likely was the Mother Goddess worshipped throughout the Celtic World. Modron is associated with babies, fruit and loaves of bread giving emphasis to her as a goddess of fertility in both the human and agricultural worlds. In the Welsh Triad, an early Arthurian romance, Modron appears as the wife of Urien. Her children by Urien, Owain and his sister Morfydd are considered among the "Three Fair Womb-Burdens of the Island of Britain" Modron is also called the daughter of Avallach, a Welsh ancestor deity whose name can also be interpreted as meaning "a place of apples". In a story of Owain and Morvydd's conception, Modron is called the "daughter of the King of Avallach," which is most likely Avalon, the "Isle of Apples" with which Morgan le Fay has been associated since her earliest appearances In the chivalric tales of Geoffrey of Monmouth, this lady is described as a healer who lived on the mystical Isle of Avalon with her nine sisters, like the Greek Muses. She had a triple aspect with the Queens of Northgalis (North Wales) and the Wastelands.

Morgan(a) le Fay seems to have started out a supernatural being, whether a Celtic goddess or a water fairy, known as a morgen, who became human in later chivalric romances -- but she did retain her magical abilities.
see didn't i tell you cherryl would come in and be kick ass awesome with her all her brain power and such! how awesome is that! and all this cool stuff i now know!
but i've decided i want the one with the squiggle-y above the o cause it's more awesome (tho i suppose she is a phantom queen too since she's the one who's meant to be queen and would be awesome as queen and knows way more about being a good queen than g and arthur (who will be king) loves her more so that makes her queen of his heart... awwww *group sigh* )
whatever she started as was clearly so awesome that when they put her into human form she was too awesome just to be a regular boring old human (*cough*g*cough*) so she got extra special powers!
YAY FOR MAGIC!

& YAY FOR CHERRYL FOR BEING SO AWESOME!
Nightlife_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Neda, I can't watch your vid (dial up) but the title reminds me of a favorite quote of mine:

"I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."

I'd like to think Arthur feels that way about Morgana's absence.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:13 AM
Master Fan

Awww thanks Paige I'm glad you liked it Sorry you can't watch it Bo Dial-up is no fun.

I guess I'll grab the next thread then so no one else did. What's our title? Arthur♥Morgana {ArMor} Lady and Champion │#60│: Because theirs is a furious love

Is that what it was?

ETA: New thread!

http://www.fanforum.com/f88/arthur-m...love-62960133/
StefanღElena | SnowღCharming | ElevenღAmy | WadeღZoe | DanღSerena |FinnღRachel
| tumblr

Last edited by Neda16; 07-10-2010 at 03:37 AM
Neda16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread