Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

I know, no ArMor and they put Morgana's lack of screentime in the same category as Gwen But at least the user 'armors' got mentioned, I wonder if that's anyone here?

Now I'm really off
StefanღElena | SnowღCharming | ElevenღAmy | WadeღZoe | DanღSerena |FinnღRachel
| tumblr
Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by just (View Post)
The scene where Athur asks if she is ok. She lies and he just knows it. No matter how distant they are, he still knows. Because they are both the loniest people in the Camelot. Arthur forced to grow up too early, always under pressure and always trying to please his father. And Morgana with her powers. Two people who should find solace in each other arms. Instead they are both drifting apart and became so lost that they can't go back. And the way he screams her name when she is dying.
*SOBS* I love them so much.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

I'm back Where did everyone go?

Bo I love them too I don't think I'll get over what happened to them
| tumblr
Old 04-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I bet Bradley doesn't like Gwen/Arthur. I've never understood how people consider them epic. I mean, geez, pick a version: she always betrays him. Hell, Merlin even warns Arthur in one of them (basically, "Girl's a ho."). Too weird. Never got the Guinevere fascination. For me, it's always about the sword-weilding Seer.
Betty, "Girl's a ho." Guinevere betraying Arthur is one of the linchpins of the legends. In the very early versions she betrays him for Mordred. Later it became Lancelot. In some more recent retellings, (such as The Road to Avalon it's been Bedwyr (Bedivere). She's not always a "ho". In some versions she does admire, even respect, Arthur but it was a politcal marriage, not a love match. Her love is given, most often, to Lancelot, the queen's champion. In some versions Guinevere and Lancelot are fiercely loyal to each other.

I can think of two recent versions where Merlin warns Arthur about marrying Guinevere. The first is 1981 movie Excalibur, the second is the 1998 TV mini-series Merlin. In both cases warns Arthur about marriage to the beautiful princess.

Now about that sword-weilding Seer. What a character she was. The s1 Morgana was the most impressive of the young characters. What an asset she would've been to Arthur and Camelot. A Seer is a powerful tool for a king. Many king's would kill to obtain a true Seer.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Helen Mirren is my favorite Morgana. (after Katie, of course).
Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I know, no ArMor and they put Morgana's lack of screentime in the same category as Gwen But at least the user 'armors' got mentioned, I wonder if that's anyone here?
Okay, it's SFX, I'm not really surprised. Their target demographic is young and male. These guys want to see a pulp comic book "evil Morgana" because Katie is hot. They want to see her in skimpy costumes being single-minded in her aim of bringing down Camelot.

Quote:
Helen Mirren is my favorite Morgana. (after Katie, of course).
Helen Mirren is such a fine actress. She's great in just about everything she's ever done.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguetta (View Post)
Helen Mirren is such a fine actress. She's great in just about everything she's ever done.
Word
And she rocked the character. I wished they would write Merlin's Morgana like that. Now that's fierce!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by just (View Post)
Season 2 sucks so much. I love Morgana but they wated her character and they haven't used her and her awesome potential. I am shocked that they wasted screentime on boring and not seriously important for the plot Gwen. I mean all she did was arranging flowers for God's sake. Morgana on the other hand:

Morgana is a seer, she has powers and is afraid of all of the things happening to her. She admitted that she can't find a way to deal with this situation. She needs to look Uther into the eyes knowing that if he knew that she has powers he would have killed her. She feels lonely and has no one who can confide in. I find this line very poignant:

I don't want to be brave. I just want to be myself. I don't want to be alone any more.

She is alone in Camelot, she needed to push everyone away. Including Arthur. And the thing that made my heart skip a bit? The scene where Athur asks if she is ok. She lies and he just knows it. No matter how distant they are, he still knows. Because they are both the loniest people in the Camelot. Arthur forced to grow up too early, always under pressure and always trying to please his father. And Morgana with her powers. Two people who should find solace in each other arms. Instead they are both drifting apart and became so lost that they can't go back. And the way he screams her name when she is dying.

And now what I want to happen! The most important part. I know that Arthur and Gwen are happening but they can easily marry them still having Morgana and Lancelot their true love. It all depends on how they will pull of Morgana’s return. We all know that ArMor are doomed from the star because of the destiny and Morgana's fate is to become his enemy but while it is their fate to be apart, this could be a very tragic and epic love story.
See what I want to happen is Arthur to realize that he and Morgana drifted apart and he needed someone who could fill this ache in his heart. And that happened to be Gwen. Of course he has feelings and fell for her but his heart was and still is still of another women. That he pushed away his feeling for her but they all came back when he saw her again. And Morgana to admit that she cares about Athur, that she always had romantic feelings for him but she needed to push him away because of her magic powers and her fate. Of course this needs a hell lot of build up but it can be done. Then Lancelot can come to a picture and Gwen can fall in love with him. And this can set thing up in motion. Morgana is on the evil side but she still cares and has feelings for Arthur so she can hurt him. And it can be like in the legends and books now! We can see them struggling with their fate and their love. And at the end when the Camelot fails and the final battle is finished and Arthurs destiny is being fulfilled, it is Morgana who holds him in her arms. That is the story I really want to see, that would move me. And what hurts the most it is that it can be done but I don’t think that the writers will go with this route…
Like I said I know that this isn't happening and it is a denial land but It feels right.

Basically I copied my post from ages ago but it feels right
It's great that you're back, Justine. I sorry for confusing you with the Le Morte d'Arthur.

Loved your analysis of the actual season 2 -- and your proposal for a what should've been season 2. It's a brilliant outline. You should be writing this show. It's great!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguetta (View Post)
Okay, it's SFX, I'm not really surprised. Their target demographic is young and male. These guys want to see a pulp comic book "evil Morgana" because Katie is hot. They want to see her in skimpy costumes being single-minded in her aim of bringing down Camelot.

That's true They definitely were commenting about how evil never looked so good, immature males the only bright thing about the wishlist is that A/G wasn't on it either

I've never seen Helen Mirren's portrayal of Morgana Which movie was that in?

and I second the idea that Justine should be writing this show
| tumblr
Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the add guys.

I would love to type up my thoughts right now but i am off to the gym. lol.
I'll be back later.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Total Fan

Justine, hope you're better soon.

This line I don't want to be brave. I just want to be myself. I don't want to be alone any more. It just kills me. Poor Morgana. I want ArMor to find their way back to each other. Why can't the writers open their eyes and realize what a great couple they are. The chemistry between Bradley and Morgana is being wasted. There is still so much they can do with them.

Damn wish-list. I could agree to them all except 2 and 5. Who needs that stupid dragon and knights? The only knight I want to see is Lancelot. Okay, on another note those cartoons are kind of freaky. G is throwing her boobs at us. Arthur looks scared. Merlin's is kind of accurate with Colin's big ears and all. I like Mordred's and Morgana's too. Uther looks old and who is that, Santa Claus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neda16 (View Post)
ArMor is still major win Have you seen 2x04? After that they had a quick moment at a dinner table with Uther and this lady and Arthur looks grossed out by their flirting while Morgana smiles and Arthur gets up to leave and then a second later Morgana gets up to leave but they don't talk. I think that's in 2x05. And then in 2x06 Arthur is getting yelled at I think and there's this shot of Morgana worriedly looking at him but they don't talk. And then later on there's another shot of her bowing or clapping or something as Arthur walks down the great hall. And a cute moment where she finishes his sentence and gives him the word "stinking" which Arthur then uses And in 2x07 Morgana is held at swordpoint by someone and Arthur draws out his sword too but the focus is more on Uther than Arthur. And in 2x08 there's like a second where the screen zooms out and you can see them together in a shot in the great hall (but its so fast if you blink you'd miss it) So yep those scenes in 2x11 and 2x12 are the only ones where they actually talk
The fact that you remember all this amazes me.

icon: amaranthine3
Old 04-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Neda, thank you so much for uploading the clips from episodes 212 and 211 on YT! You're my crack dealer! I don't have those episodes, and trying to find the clips on YT has been impossible, because I just want the ArMor parts. I especially appreciate how the one for 212 starts conveniently after the part where Arthur puts Gwen in bed.
Even though we went for so long without solid ArMor interaction, and even though it ends so sadly, I loved this ep. I love how Arthur grabs her hands and says, "It's me, it's me." And the "I can always tell when you're lying" - that just goes to show how well they know each other.... inside out. And the way he yells her name when Morgause has her, it's just heart wrenching. Bradley did our ship proud.

I can't get with the idea of Morgana being evil. At least not so purely evil, so fast. It does not fit the character, because at her core she has a big heart. Take the episode where she plotted to have Uther killed - she was furious, acting rashly, but then she learned about forgiveness and ended up saving his life. The whole point of that episode seemed to be that Morgana couldn't be evil. Oh that's right, we are supposed to pretend S1 didn't happen.

If anyone of you are LJ members and want to be a cheerleader for ArMor big_bang, it's the last day to sign up!

It's been a long day, I'm going to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better one!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

If they follow the Guinevere/Lancelot plotline, I think I can handle it so long as they have Morgana take Arthur to Avalon. Because then they'd have FOREVER. And what's a few short years compared to eternity? So we'd still win, though offscreen.

I think the reason they won't even entertain the idea of doing ArMor, or of even writing friendly scenes between them, is because of their chemistry. It's the best on the show. I like Angel Coulby, I really do, but she has zero chemistry with the men on this show. Of course, the flaw with taking Morgana 'evil' (other than it being unbelievable, one-note, and childish), is that evil women are usually sexy; look at Nimue. HOTNESS. Morgana showing up to taunt Arthur, looking sensual, right around the time Gwen starts in with Lancelot? Rawr.

And because it can never be said enough: You don't say "God, have mercy" about your sister!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabella36 (View Post)
The fact that you remember all this amazes me.
What can I say, I'm an obsessive shipper

Quote:
Neda, thank you so much for uploading the clips from episodes 212 and 211 on YT! You're my crack dealer! I don't have those episodes, and trying to find the clips on YT has been impossible, because I just want the ArMor parts. I especially appreciate how the one for 212 starts conveniently after the part where Arthur puts Gwen in bed.
haha you're welcome I'm happy to be anyone's ArMor crack dealer
| tumblr
Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't keep up with you guys. Seriously, hitting the nail in the head!

S2 was a disaster, and I can only assume S3 will not fare any better for A/M.

Quote:
And because it can never be said enough: You don't say "God, have mercy" about your sister!
That should so be a title!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top