Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

Hi Lynea - welcome. I reread most of the books last summer. They are wonderful. I should see the first two movies again, it has been a few months since I last watched them.

Hi Kelly and Anne
Old 06-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Lynea hi Welcome in this thread!
I haven't read the books for awhile, and I'm tempted right now, and everytime I come post over here, but I have so many books to read first during the summer, that I don't think I'll be able to do so before... next summer.

I think that Anne of the Island is the favourite of the majority of the fans because of the Anne/Gilbert happy conclusion. That's my favourite aswell, but in the end, I think I like the story of Anne of Green Gables more. It was so funny, and fresh. And she was such a babbler then!

Hi to Maxi and Kelly
Old 06-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey dudettes.

AoI is my fave Anne book too (granted, I've only read the first 3 books ). Not just b/c of the A/G goodness, but also b/c I love her whole college experience too. It was the most interesting and the one that I could relate to the most.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

AoI is a truly wonderful book. I love it to pieces.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

I absolutely LOVE Gilbert in this scene:

Old 06-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Shirley! hehe, good to see you over here too.
It's been such a long time!

Maxi awww, Gilbert is so cute in that scene...
I love that scene, with the girls winning the race, and the funny arrogant look Anne threw Gilbert right after her victory with Diana.
That's luuuuuv, I'm telling ya.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Loyal Fan

ooooh anne of green gables is on dvd. I definitely have to go get that. I still need to reread the books this summer I have all eight and I adore all of them. I love anne and gilbert. I'm sure you guys don't remember me, its been so long

jammi
Old 06-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Hi Jammi
Glad to know that you've found your way to this thread. Haven't you had another username before?
Old 06-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

Anne- It has been too long!

Maxi- Thanks so much for the cap. I love Anne and Gil's first meeting. I saw the movies before I read the books and when they showed that three legged race scene, I knew that something was going to happen between those two.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I so love that scene too. Spark from scene one.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Hmm, just me thinking,

So am I right in thinking that Gilbert fancied Anne, you know from their school days. I mean a 16 year old digging an eleven year old? -
Old 07-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Hi Shakespeareuk

I'm pretty much sure Gilbert fancied Anne from day one, at first mainly because she was the only one who didn't seem to be interested in him. I believe that he just craved for her attention back in the first day, but then, through all the competition and the hard-won friendship, he grew to like her more and more for what she is. Anne/Gilbert is the typical exemple of the relationship where it isn't love at first sight, but where love grows gradually. And yet, it's obvious that he fancied her right right from day one.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by StellaSlight
I'm pretty much sure Gilbert fancied Anne from day one, at first mainly because she was the only one who didn't seem to be interested in him.
And yet, it's obvious that he fancied her right right from day one
Yeah, you're right there. I wish that the 1985 adaptation followed the book a little bit more, you know like showing the bit where Gilbert gives Anne a sweet which has on it "You are Sweet", and Anne simply crushes it beneath her feet, and also where it states in the book, that whenever she met him, ie. on her way to sunday school, she simply walked by, ignoring him.

Basically a little bit more Gilbert/Anne interaction would not go amiss.

Don't know if you guys know, but there is a BBC adaptation of Anne of Green Gables, from 1972
Old 07-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

I think I may have noticed it/read about it when browsing IMDB at one time or another, but I haven't seen it. Is teh 1972 version any good?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by StellaSlight

I'm pretty much sure Gilbert fancied Anne from day one, at first mainly because she was the only one who didn't seem to be interested in him. I believe that he just craved for her attention back in the first day, but then, through all the competition and the hard-won friendship, he grew to like her more and more for what she is. Anne/Gilbert is the typical exemple of the relationship where it isn't love at first sight, but where love grows gradually. And yet, it's obvious that he fancied her right right from day one.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't know if it's the BBC version, but I read that there was another Anne movie made and it was pretty bad. They changed a lot of stuff and it was just really weird.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread