Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

Andrew ღ Margaret ♥ The Proposal

The Proposal (2009/I)
A pushy boss forces her young assistant to marry her in order to keep her Visa status in the U.S. and avoid deportation to Canada.

Lovers
Gio Gio
bellagrey13
Bella Grint
Devoted Soul
Brucas_Is_Love
FollowYourღ
WilSonღFan
~-Sarah-~
ღRose♦Nylundღ
deejay0212
nanou31
Jennateluvr87
Fall Out Girl <3
Rita1516
Shipperaholic
Queen C
xkellyx
myyOTHfan.
redrose13
KaeraNyu
baelfire24
ina_am

Margaret: Gentlemen, I understand. I understand the predicament that we are in. And… And there’s… Well… I think there’s something that you should know. We’re getting married.
Andrew: Who is getting married?
Margaret: You and I. You and I are getting married! Yes.
Andrew: We are. Getting married.
Margaret: We are getting married. Yes.
Edwin: Isn’t he your secretary?
Andrew: Assistant.
Margaret: Executive… assistant secretary. Titles. But, wouldn’t be the first time one of us fell for our secretaries. Would it, Edwin? With Laquisha. Remember? So, yeah. The truth is, you know, Andrew and I, we’re… we are just two people who weren’t meant to fall in love but we did.
Andrew: No.
Margaret: All those late nights at the office and weekend book fairs.
Andrew: Yeah…
Margaret: Something happened.
Andrew: Something.
Margaret: Yeah. Tried to fight it and… Can’t fight a… Can’t fight… Can’t fight a love like ours, so… Are we good with this? Are you happy? Because, well, we are happy. So happy.
Chairman Bergen: Margaret.
Margaret: Yes?
Chairman Bergen: It’s terrific. Just make it legal.
Margaret: Oh. Yeah, well, then that means we…we need to get ourselves to the immigration office. So we can work this whole mess out. Right? Thank you very much, gentlemen. We will do that right away. Thank you very much.
Andrew: Gentlemen.

Andrew:The truth is, Mr. Gilbertson, the truth is, Margaret and I are just two people who weren’t supposed to fall in love, but did.

Andrew: We’ll tell my family about our engagement when I want and how I want. Now, ask me nicely.
Margaret: Ask you nicely what?
Andrew: Now, ask me nicely.
Margaret: Ask you nicely what?
Andrew: Ask me nicely to marry you… Margaret.
Margaret: What does that mean?
Andrew: You heard me. On your knee.
Margaret: Fine. Does this work for you?
Andrew: Oh, I like this. Yeah.
Margaret: Here you go. Uhh..Will you marry me?
Andrew: No. Say it like you mean it.
Margaret: Andrew.
Andrew: Yes, Margaret.
Margaret: Sweet Andrew.
Andrew: I’m listening.
Margaret: Would you please, with cherries on top, marry me?
Andrew: Ok. I don’t appreciate the sarcasm, but I’ll do it. See you at the airport tomorrow.

Annie: Where’s your girl?
Andrew: She’s… right there. There she is.
Annie: I guess the word “girl” is inappropriate.
Grace: Annie. Hi!
Margaret: Hello.
Andrew: Margaret, this is my mom.
Grace: Hello.
Andrew: Yeah, great. This is my gammy, Annie.
Margaret: Pleasure.
Annie: Well, hello there. Now, do you prefer being called Margaret or Satan’s Mistress? We’ve heard it both ways. Actually we’ve heard it lots of ways.
Grace: She’s kidding.
Margaret: Okay.

Andrew: [referring to the story about how he proposed to Margaret] You know what? Actually, Margaret loves telling this story, so I’m just gonna let her go ahead and do that. We should just sit in rapture.
Margaret: Wow, okay… wow, where to begin… the story… Well, um, wow… Okay, well, um, Andrew and I… Andrew and I were about to celebrate our first anniversary together and I knew that he’d been itching to ask me to marry him and he was scared, like a little tiny bird. So, I started leaving him little hints here and there because I knew he wouldn’t have the guts to ask…
Andrew: That’s not exactly how it happened.
Margaret: No?
Andrew: No, no, I mean I picked up on all of her little hints… this woman is about as subtle as a gun. Yeah, no what I was worried about was that she might find this little box…
Margaret: Oh, the decoupage box that he made, where he’d taken the time to cut out twenty little pictures of himself, just pasted all over the box. So beautiful! I opened that beautiful little decoupage and out fluttered these tiny little hand cut heart confettis and once they cleared, I looked down and I saw the most beautiful, big…
Andrew: …fat nothing! No ring.
Annie: No ring?
Grace: What?
Andrew: No, but inside that box, underneath all that crap, a handwritten note with the address to a hotel, date and time. Real Humphrey Bogart type stuff. Masculine. Naturally, Margaret, she thought…
Margaret: I thought he was seeing someone else… so it was a terrible time for me, but I went to that hotel anyway, I went there and I pounded on the door. But the door was already unlocked. As I swung open that door, there he was…
Andrew: Standing.
Margaret: Kneeling.
Andrew: Like a man.
Margaret: On a bed of rosebuds, in a tuxedo. Your son. Your son… and he was choking back soft, soft sobs. And when he held back the tears and finally caught his breath, he said to me…
Andrew: ‘Margaret, will you marry me?’ and she said ‘yep’, the end! Who’s hungry?

Margaret: Um.. Don’t look, okay?
Andrew: …Okay.
Margaret: A-are your eyes closed?
Andrew: Completely…
Margaret: Are you sure?
Andrew: Yes… I’m sure. [She runs out] Those are the pyjamas you decided to bring to Alaska?

Andrew: Who’s… Rob Base and DJ…
Margaret: E-Z Rock?
Andrew: Yeah.
Margaret: You know. [starts singing] It takes two to make a thing go right, it takes two to make it out of sight… No? They were good.
[Andrew laughs]
Margaret: What?
Andrew: Nothing. I know who they are. I just wanted to hear you sing it. …Margaret?
Margaret: Yes?
Andrew: Don’t take this the wrong way.
Margaret: Okay.
Andrew: You are a very, very beautiful woman.
[Margaret smiles]
Andrew: [starts singing] I wanna rock right now, I’m Rob Base and I came to get down. I’m not internationally known…
[Margaret starts singing with him]
Both: …but I’m known to rock the microphone.
Andrew: [in an extremely high voice] It takes two to make a thing go right!
[Margaret laughs]
Andrew: It takes two to make it out of sight! It takes two to make a thing go right!
Margaret: Feel it deep, feel it low.
Andrew: Mmhmm. It takes two to make - augh, God, I can’t sing that high.
[they both laugh]

Annie: Yes. Chant.
Margaret: Yes. Chant, chant.
Annie: Yes! Yes!
Margaret: To the trees.
Annie: To the universe!
Margaret: The universe. Universe. To the crazy. To the window, the window. To the wall, to the wall. ‘Til the sweat drip down my balls. ‘Til all you bitches…
Annie: Louder!
Margaret: To the window, to the window. To the walls, to the walls. ‘Til the sweat drip down my balls. Now all you bitches crawl. All skeet, skeet, mother, all skeet, skeet, goddamn. To the window, to the window, to the walls, to the walls, ‘til the sweat drip down my balls, ‘til all you bitches crawl. All skeet, skeet, mother, all skeet, skeet goddamn. To the window, to the window, to the wall to the wall, ‘til the sweat drip down my balls. All you bitches crawl! Gammy! Let’s take it to the bridge! Let me see you get low, you scared, you scared. Drop your ass to the flo’, you scared, you scared. Let me see you get low, you scared, you scared. Drop your ass to the floor, you scared, you scared. Let me see you get low, you scared, you scared. Your butt to the flo’, you scared, you scared. Now stop, woo, now wiggle it! Now stop, woo, jiggle it, just jiggle it!
Andrew: Whatcha doing?
Margaret: Just wiggle it… Oh, uh, you know, your Gammy wanted me to, you know, chant. Chant from the heart.
Andrew: Balls? That’s what came to your heart?
Margaret: You know, it went with the beat.

Margaret:To have a family! I forgot what it was like to have a family. I’ve been on my own since I was thirteen, and I’d forgot what it was like to have people that love you, and make you breakfast, and give you necklaces.

Margaret:I do have something I need to say. [she turns around] Hi there. Thank you all so much for coming out. I, uh, have a bit of an announcement to make about the wedding. A confession, actually. I’m a Canadian. Yes, Canadian. With an expired visa, who was about to be deported. And because I didn’t want to leave this wonderful country of yours, I forced Andrew to marry me.
Andrew: Margaret, stop it.
Margaret:See, Andrew has always had this extraordinary work ethic. [to Andrew’s father] Something I think he learned from you. And for three years I watched him work harder than anyone else at our company. And I knew that if I threatened to destroy his career, he would do just about anything. So I blackmailed him to come up here and to lie to you, all of you. And I thought it would be easy to watch him do it.. but it wasn’t. Turns out it’s not easy to ruin someone’s life once you find out how wonderful they are.

Andrew: You know what the problem is? The problem is that this woman is a gigantic pain in my ass. First there’s the whole leaving thing. I understand that. It’s a sham wedding, kind of stressful. But then she goes ahead and she leaves this note. Because she doesn’t have the decency, the humanity to do it to my face. Three year I worked with this terrorist. Never once has she had a nice thing to say, and then she goes ahead and she writes this crap! But none of that matter because we had a deal. She just makes me a little crazy.
Gert: I can see that. So you’re just gonna let her go?

Andrew: Hey..
Margaret: Andrew.. Wh-why are you panting..?
Andrew: Because I’ve been running
Margaret: Really? From Alaska?
Andrew: I need to talk to you
Margaret: Yeah, well I don’t have time to talk. I have to catch a 5:45 to Toronto
Andrew: Margaret. Margaret! Stop talking! I got to say something. This will just take a sec
Margaret: Okay, fine. What?
Andrew: Three days ago, I loathed you. I used to dream about you getting hit by a cab. Or poisoned.
Margaret: Oh, that’s nice.
Andrew: I told you to stop talking. Then we had our little adventure up in Alaska and things started to change. Things changed when we kissed. And when you told me about your tattoo. Even when you checked me out when we were naked.
Margaret: Well, I didn’t see anything…
Andrew: Yeah, you did. But I didn’t realise any of this until I was standing alone. In a barn… wife-less. Now, you can imagine my disappointment when it suddenly dawned on me that the woman I love is about to be kicked out of the country. So, Margaret. Marry me. Because I’d like to date you.
Margaret: Trust me. You don’t really want to be with me.
Andrew: Yes, I do.
Margaret: See, the thing is, there is a reason why I’ve been alone all this time. I’m comfortable that way. And I think it would just be a lot easier if we forgot everything that happened and I just left.
Andrew: You’re right. That would be easier.
Margaret: …I’m scared.
Andrew: Me, too.
Margaret: Aren’t you supposed to get down on your knee or something?
Andrew: I’m gonna take that as a “yes”.

Alternate Ending

Margaret: When you say, you know, the position in the relationship…?
Interviewer: Top or bottom?
Andrew: You’re asking me a question about who’s on top?
Interviewer: You took an oath when you walked into this office.
Andrew: I didn’t not take an oath! When did I take an oath?
Interviewer: Well..you should of…Laura should have done that but she didn’t, that’s ok.
Andrew: Who’s Laura?
Interviewer: She’s the girl behind you, Don’t look around.

http://www.fanforum.com/f14/proposal...some-62906712/

Last edited by Gio Gio; 08-09-2013 at 10:51 PM
Gio Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

add me please!
bellagrey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I added you

Old 07-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Add me. I am love with this movie and they rocked it!!!
Bella Grint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Total Fan

Add me please. I really love this movie and Andrew and Margaret.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Total Fan

Edit: For some reason my message posted twice.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

Add me!
I've seen this movie SO many times! These two are perfection!
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

I added all

Quote:
I've seen this movie SO many times!
Me too Sandra and Ryan are really funny. Betty is priceless!

Old 07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

I saw this movie on a flight and I HAD to buy the DVD afterwards so I could squee over these two I always saw myself like Margaret when I was older..more into my profession..seen as a bitch ...I wouldn't mind getting a Ryan Reynolds though
Bella Grint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Total Fan

I saw the movie 3 times in theaters. I also have the DVD and have watched it several times. It's such a great movie and so funny.

The scenes between Andrew and Margaret are just so great that I can't even begin to pick a favorite.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Loyal Fan

add me to the list? Love. Them.
Wish me luck with it, Mary.
God knows I wish the best for you."
Let The Ball Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

Let The Ball Drop, I added you

Yesterday I rewatched it again I'm glad to know that maybe they will work together to another project. I can't wait for it

The Proposal Blooper Reel Gifspam

Sandra & Ryan - People's Choice Awards 2010 - Inside

Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

add me plz
great chemistry in this movie
Old 07-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

I added you

Old 07-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Could I please be added to the list too? I adore Margaret/Andrew.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread