Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Is Alex really going to look for Jo's husband? Where did you read this, Spirit of the Radio? I thought Alex was going to a medical conference and there was a new doctor showing up, who is speculated to be Jo's abusive ex.
~wanderlust~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
s Alex really going to look for Jo's husband?
At the end of the past episode, Alex was apparently contacting his old lawyer for a referral (most likely a private investigator) because he wanted to "find a guy." I guess it could be something else, but the going theory is that Alex finds out he's a doctor and goes to the medical conference to check him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
But as for next week - I agree, it does look like that, and like you I'm not happy about it at all. I can't express how much I hate how they've minimised Jo's perspective and feelings about HER story, but now it looks like they're making her husband about Alex. I wanted it to be something that came from Jo, that SHE was the one to either seek closure by trying for a divorce, or that he somehow shows up and both her and Alex are thrown for a loop and deal with it together. But now it's about Alex, stemming from a case that he's had, and Jo doesn't seem to even feature in this decision. I can't say I like where it seems to be going, and it will absolutely cause conflict, and Jo would 100% have a right to feel betrayed. But once again they'll probably paint her feelings with little care, or not even show them at all, so she'll have zero empathy from the audience as per. It just baffles me because their story had the most potential to be amazing out of any of the characters this season, and they've completely wasted and ruined it! I'll never get that!
What I'm hoping is that Alex just wants to find out about the guy for his own peace of mind, but never plans on confronting him, meeting him or anything like that. Just kind of keeping tabs on him. But then he finds out he's a doctor and just can't help himself. Not that it makes it better, but I can see why Alex would want to know at least something about Jo's husband considering he just found out about it and they were together for 4+ years. I don't think that is completely unreasonable. But once he acts on what he finds out . I don't think that there will be all that much more with this situation this season, so maybe next season it will become more about Jo. They just need a catalyst to get him there I guess. Although, considering Alex apparently knows nothing about the husband or Jo's other life, its pretty unbelievable that a PI would be able to find him.
Spirit of the Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:31 AM
Master Fan

In the synopsis it was said that Alex makes a decision about Jo. So maybe that's it. He wants to contact the husband to find out more about Jo's past. I don't think his intention is to beat him up, because he already went to jail because of a crime like that. But he knows nothing about Jo. And I can understand that he wants to know more about the woman he wanted to marry.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)

What I'm hoping is that Alex just wants to find out about the guy for his own peace of mind, but never plans on confronting him, meeting him or anything like that. Just kind of keeping tabs on him. But then he finds out he's a doctor and just can't help himself. Not that it makes it better, but I can see why Alex would want to know at least something about Jo's husband considering he just found out about it and they were together for 4+ years. I don't think that is completely unreasonable. But once he acts on what he finds out . I don't think that there will be all that much more with this situation this season, so maybe next season it will become more about Jo. They just need a catalyst to get him there I guess. Although, considering Alex apparently knows nothing about the husband or Jo's other life, its pretty unbelievable that a PI would be able to find him.
Yeah I can understand him wanting to know as well, we all do now lol! But what bothers me, again, is that we have to do guesswork again - what exactly does Alex know about him, does Jo know, have they even talked?? They're not allowed any screen time!! and that's one of the biggest reasons I stopped watching. They ignore them and then do some half baked story in the last two episodes, so we never really know in depth what's going on in their heads. It's still ludicrous to me that they haven't shared a proper VERBAL scene since 13x09. The hug was lovely of course (one of my favourite moments ever actually) but how hard is it to write a minute scene of them conversing?! Argh maybe Jo will get some proper perspective next season, I sure as hell hope so to do this issue justice.. and if that's the case I have no problem using Alex to get us there as you said.. I Just hope this is their plan

But yeah the idea of using a PI when Alex doesn't even know Jos real name is crazy.. they're going to have to explain that!
Greysjolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Sup everyone

I can't believe the board closed.. Well actually I can as the traffic had dropped so significantly. Oh well. The atmosphere there was horrible anyway so hopefully it's nicer here (not that our Jolex thread was bad just the episode threads, overall board attitude)

Nice to see everyone

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

Jo's real name is Brooke Stadler. Wow, that is weird. I'm glad Alex let the husband go. Can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out that Alex went to confront her husband and that he knows about her true identity.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Sup everyone

I can't believe the board closed.. Well actually I can as the traffic had dropped so significantly. Oh well. The atmosphere there was horrible anyway so hopefully it's nicer here (not that our Jolex thread was bad just the episode threads, overall board attitude)

Nice to see everyone
Hey Chas!! Nice to see you and I think you're right this environment is much better, couldn't stand some of the attitudes over there, and this is usually a pretty nice place to talk about your ships!

I haven't watched the episode yet but I have seen Alex's scenes, and all I can say is fine, as long as they explain the freaking huge plot holes of how he even got to that stage in the first place! Stunned/pissed Jo wasn't in it as usual but there's no way she won't be in the next one and judging by how that goes I MAY hang around next season.. now that they sctuslly seem to be getting into the DV stuff there will be absolutely ZERO excuse to not include her from here on out. I don't like that Alex is looking for him but I can understand it to some extent, and I'm glad he let him go. But (I hope) that it isn't it and we get some really good Jolex scenes from here on out... does that seem like I'm dreaming by wishing for that?? Haha

Oh and I've said in the past I don't want to find out Jos name, and if I did I wanted it to be from her, but I actually really like the name Brooke she really suits it actually. She'll always be Jo Wilson though
Old 05-12-2017, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

Brooke and Alex... What kind of shippername you can create with that?
Old 05-12-2017, 04:44 AM
Elite Fan

Bralex?

So what's the husband like?

Was Jo not even in the episode??

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-12-2017, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

No, she wasn't. There was a scene when Alex imagined that the husband strangled her, but you could only see parts of the body of a random actress.

Bralex. Jolex is so much better.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Got to admit, having seen glee I was super sceptical of Matthew Morrisons ability to play the kind of horrendous person Jos husband is likely to be, but I was definitely impressed with what I've seen so far.. he seems capable of possessing that charming exterior, with a very sinister side when pressed so I really really hope we see more of this.

I am suspending belief so far about how they seem to be dealing with this storyline in waiting to see how prominent Jo is in the finale.. I'll blow my lid if we only get an end scene of her staring in shock at Alex or something I swear
Old 05-14-2017, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

I've a feeling we won't get much of her which sucks since with all that's happened with Stephanie should involve Jo in some capacity. I'm sure the friendship will be forgotten about though.

I wonder if Camilla will be at the Upfronts next week?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-14-2017, 04:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Eugh exactly, they are literally each others main/only friend so it would be completely unrealistic if there was no focus on that friendship, but this is greys and it's Jo, so watch while we see Ben and Leah distraught while Jo isn't anywhere to be found.. sometimes I really wonder why I'm still here lol, but I think there's part of me shockingly still holding onto some kind of hope they'll finally do Jolex right.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh wow, I decide to log in after months and the Grey's thread is gone. And here the threads always disappear quickly so I guess it won't be the same anymore to write. But I just wanted to say how much I still miss these two. This season was just plain horrible. The writers treated Jolex like crap once again. Just when you think it can't get any worse, their screentime keeps getting less and less.

What bothers me so much is that TPTB doesn't ever once say "ok yes we've been neglecting Jolex because of BTS issues so much for 2 years now, this season we'll do better."

No, they knew that Camilla was pregnant and would have her baby in March/April and they still pushed Jo's husband story to the end of the season, dragged the stupid trial storyline for 12 episodes and didn't show Jo's POV in it at all and basically haven't given Jo proper scenes since 13x14!

That's 9 episodes that they completely wasted for Jolex, and I don't even want to think about the first half. Okay we get it, the writers couldn't care less about Jo and Alex is stuck in Meredith's world where he only functions as her therapist, but it's been three seasons and the writers should be aware of how dirty they have been doing us.

I know scenes got cut, but it baffles me that they didn't make Camilla and Justin prefilm more. I think she had her baby early, but they should've calculated that and known there was a big possibility that Camilla wouldn't be able to wrap up the season.

I want to be hopeful for next season but the frustration I feel is just so big at this point. Them bringing back Krista Vernoff makes me wonder what this will mean for Jolex. What if she doesn't like them? So far on twitter she has liked a bunch of tweets asking her to do Jo's DV storyline justice and she also liked a very long tweet from a very frustrated Jolex fan who asked her to please give Jolex the storyline they deserve next season.

I don't know what they have in store for Jolex anymore, all I have are the interviews from last season in which both Justin and Camilla pointed out how madly both are still in love with each other. Which made everything that went down / didn't happen so much more ridiculous.

Alex found out that Jo has an abusive husband and they hugged and then didn't interact anymore for the rest of the season? The Alex I know would've wanted to be there for Jo, talk to her, not keep living with the sisters acting like nothing happened.

I've come so close to wishing they'd just end Jolex but I can't imagine them just forgetting about each other and moving onto different people when both are still on the same show. It felt like it this season at times, but then again we saw how much Alex still loves Jo in 13x23 thinking of everything he wants to do to her husband. They still love each other, they are just barely given a chance to interact thanks to these writers who favor everyone but them. I'm so tired of being fed crumbs, I hope the writers get their heads straight next season and give Alex and Jo what they deserve.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey sweetgirl!! I know the greys board shut down but to be honest, that board was so crap at the end anyway so the only thread I could post on was this one, since the merlex brigade and their defensiveness made it unbearable to even bother posting anywhere else

Agree with everything as usual, I've pretty much given up now after the last few episodes to be honest, I'll still participate on here but I'm done watching unless something changes, coz I'm just SO fed up!!
Reply   Post New Thread