Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Elite Fan

I think Damon/Elena suffered from the general shallowness of the show, because TVD repeatedly proved to not be able to use their character potential in order to do believable character development or construct natural progression of relationships on their show (instead they just force characters on each other in random and contrived manner. It happened with SE, it happened with TC and then with DE). Damon's character was and is still being used like a plot device for stupid shocking twists and it is never gonna work well, not for his development and neither for his relationship with Elena. Starting from the lack of effort put into his redemption and finishing with how forced all his scenes with Elena are now, not to mention that he is obviously her second choice which was made clear on more than one occasion. What can come out of it? Elena now plays with feelings of both Damon and Stefan and the worst thing is that I cannot even sympathy with her anymore because she betrayed Damon and Stefan more than once as well. Her relationship with both guys are so incredibly shallow and DE lost all it's potential together with TVD in general.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiepie1019 (View Post)
Chuck/Blair
Clark/Lana

I've certainly changed my mind about how much I like a ship before, or switched teams, or just lost interest, but only twice have I had a dramatic turn around to the point where I couldn't stand a couple I previously loved, and it's those two. Both are cases of couples with great chemistry that got bogged down with all the drama and the crap they piled on each other, who would trust almost anybody else in their lives before they'd trust each other, and who become not only not fun to watch, but so actively depressing that I couldn't even stand to watch their scenes anymore. It takes a lot for me to feel that way about I couple I used to like, but darn if Smallville and Gossip Girl didn't make it happen. Smallville at least had the excuse that Clana was never supposed to end up together; some of their awful choices could be attributed to the fact that they needed the audience to want Clark to end up with Lois instead - which I did, so that worked. But I have no idea what the Gossip Girl writers were thinking.
I agree with you, chuck and blair had so much chemistry and potential and its just been ruined beyond repair and i cant even enjoy the few scenes that they have together now, the writers are soo pushin blair and dan now and id rather watch their scenes cause chuck and blair make me sad now. such a pity used to ship chuck and blair, now its blair and dan.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nate/jenny
chuck/blair
dan/serena
damon/elena
tyler/caroline
Naomi/Ethan
Silver/dixon
navid/adrianna
Old 05-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

My main two are Ryan/Marissa and Derek/Meredith. Now, I have since come around on the former, not to LOVING them exactly, but understanding why I fell for them in the first place and not being so pissed off. But Derek/Meredith? Yeah, they suck. And I must have been drunk or something when I originally liked them, because they've kind of ALWAYS sucked, lol. Not in early S1, I guess, but as soon as it was discovered he had a wife, then he basically ordered Meredith to forgive him, then once she did he went back to said wife, then he called Meredith a whore for daring to move on. This has almost always been a terrible relationship that no self-respecting woman would ever, EVER stay in.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I think Damon/Elena suffered from the general shallowness of the show, because TVD repeatedly proved to not be able to use their character potential in order to do believable character development or construct natural progression of relationships on their show (instead they just force characters on each other in random and contrived manner. It happened with SE, it happened with TC and then with DE). Damon's character was and is still being used like a plot device for stupid shocking twists and it is never gonna work well, not for his development and neither for his relationship with Elena. Starting from the lack of effort put into his redemption and finishing with how forced all his scenes with Elena are now, not to mention that he is obviously her second choice which was made clear on more than one occasion. What can come out of it? Elena now plays with feelings of both Damon and Stefan and the worst thing is that I cannot even sympathy with her anymore because she betrayed Damon and Stefan more than once as well. Her relationship with both guys are so incredibly shallow and DE lost all it's potential together with TVD in general.
This.

I thought they would become one of my all time fave couples but now I pretty much hate them.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Dan/Blair

Tyler/Caroline

At one point I couldn't wait for interaction. Now I wish they'd forget the other's existence.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Dan/Blair

Tyler/Caroline

At one point I couldn't wait for interaction. Now I wish they'd forget the other's existence.
I agree about tyler/caroline.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tate/Violet (AHS)
Peter/Olivia(Fringe)
Michael/Sara (Prison Break)
Mini/Franky (Skins)
Naomi/Emily (Skins)
Jax/Tara (SoA)
Emma/Ethan (TLG)
Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

Damon/Elena
Chuck/Blair
Jack/Kate
Matt/Caroline
Jax/Tara

Most couples I ship until the end but with these five I could not.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Damon/Elena
Sam/Freddie
Stiles/Lydia

The first two, MY GOD. I used to ship them so hard in the first seasons of their respective shows. But when neither of them actually grew as characters/ships, I abandoned them completely and went straight to hate for both. It never happens but it did for me with Damon/Elena and Sam/Freddie for sure.

For the last one its a bit too early to give up but I'm honestly starting to give up on them ever happening since Lydia seems to not know he even exists nor give two craps about him, and I dont want that for Stiles. At all. I want someone who knows he exists for one and who loves and appreciates him for WHO HE REALLY IS. And Lydia is definitely not that person.

"Its about who you fall in love with."

John Paul McQueen & Craig Dean

Old 07-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessblaze (View Post)
Damon/Elena
Sam/Freddie
Stiles/Lydia

The first two, MY GOD. I used to ship them so hard in the first seasons of their respective shows. But when neither of them actually grew as characters/ships, I abandoned them completely and went straight to hate for both. It never happens but it did for me with Damon/Elena and Sam/Freddie for sure.

For the last one its a bit too early to give up but I'm honestly starting to give up on them ever happening since Lydia seems to not know he even exists nor give two craps about him, and I dont want that for Stiles. At all. I want someone who knows he exists for one and who loves and appreciates him for WHO HE REALLY IS. And Lydia is definitely not that person.
I totally agree about Stiles/Lydia. Stiles is my favourite and I want what's best for him and IDK... He does everything for her, but she is still caught up in all that Jackson drama etc. Stiles deserves better. I'm not sure if I like Erica or not, but maybe that could be a suitable option for him. We'll see.

I agree about Damon/Elena as well... lol I loved them so much in s1, now all I feel is disgust.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Chuck/Blair. It's been years that I've jumped off the boat and I was so head over heals for them way back when.

I used to think they fit so well together when they were younger, and thought that if they can grow up together then this has a long term future... but they never grew. Not when they were together. They were more interested in the tug and pull and the games and the one upping eachother. It turned out to be a relationship not based on even footing but on who got the upper hand and that is never healthy. So just NO!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Bay/Emmett (Switched at Birth)
I thought they had something really special going. They were such a unique couple with their deaf/hearing obstacle. You never really see anything like that. I loved that they were so vulnerable with each other and were able to open up. But then in the last season Emmett just got so moody taking all of his life problems out on her - then cheating on her.. That completely ruined them for me. I am interested to see what happens with them next but I just can't ship them like I used to.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Dan/Blair - I used to AU ship the hell out of them, but then they actually happened and it went downhill from there. Maybe I would have stuck around longer than 3.5 seconds if they hadn't insisted on pulling Serena into the relationship as well.

Tyler/Caroline - Like DB, I AU shipped them but the fantasy never really matched the reality. Candice has chemistry with everybody, and I probably could have liked T/C for longer if there weren't more suitable options on the show for both of them.

Finn/Rachel - I thought they were adorable in the beginning, and they have good chemistry when they sing together, so that added to the bonus - also, I love Rachel, so I love people who love Rachel, you know? But they've just gotten worse as the seasons have gone on. I can't bear the thought of Rachel being lumbered with Finn for the rest of her life, it's so depressing
Old 07-17-2012, 07:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Matt/Caroline
Stefan/Elena
. Well, I haven't given up completely yet, but I do really fell like it is absolutely hopeless to ship them.
Tate/Violet
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top