Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 (View Post)
I'm just focusing on the upcoming coronation and pretty much ignoring all the bad spoilers until it's impossible to ignore them
That is an excellent plan! I think perhaps that's what the promotion should be too.
A_shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

^Probably, I think the ratings wouldn't be as bad if the promo hadn't been all plague and the baby storyline that almost no one likes

Toby Regbo
Regbo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^Probably, I think the ratings wouldn't be as bad if the promo hadn't been all plague and the baby storyline that almost no one likes
I truly blame CW.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:20 AM
Elite Fan

I hope they don't have Mary (or Francis) cheat. I mean I'm all for them embracing the fictional-ness of the show, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't stay true to the characters too. What happened with Francis and Lola was/is a disaster on many levels but Mary and Francis weren't together and she was ready to marry his brother at the time. That's totally different than having one or both of them commit adultery. For all the problems Frary have, lack of love, attraction to each other, or desire to be with each other has never been among them. I just can't see them hurting each other that way. Plus there really is no score to settle- Francis slept with Lola and Mary was going to marry his brother. I think they are even.
Also as someone pointed out already, they aren't just two ordinary teenagers with normal teenage problems. Every decision they make has the potential to affect not just them but their countries as well. They can't be just doing random stupid crap. And they have enough problems to deal with right now, without making things worse with infidelity of all things. And I just think that Mary is better than cheating on Francis for some political favor or some such nonsense. I feel like the Mary they've been writing so far is above hurtful, deceitful crap like that. She is not Catherine. But the theory about testing them to see if they are going to be like Catherine and Henry makes a lot of sense. The writers just better let them "pass" that test and not turn them into C/H. Frary is not C/H. And they aren't just two royals thrown together just for political benefits. Frary has real love story. And I just want the writers to respect that instead of going for cheap drama like infidelity that doesn't even fit the characters or their relationship. I thought we were going to be able to stop worrying about this type of storyline when they definitively ended the brother love triangle and found Bash better things to do than be a thorn in Frary's side. But now we've got creepy cousins and what not causing problems but an infidelity storyline in any way should just be a big no go. Nobody wants that and it benefits no one. It's just so not needed.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I agree there's no score to settle, but some Mary stans, francis haters thing there is, so they might be into it.

Conde seems like season 1 Bash until he gets interesting later. His description when sean was first casting was he has an interested was that he had an interesting friendship with francis and takes a shine to Mary. My first thought was, oh you mean Bash? Not that I want to see a Mash repeat. But it makes zero sense that Mary would lean on this new guy when she could just lean on Bash. Both are francis's relatives who are close to francis. I don't see the need to trade out one for the other especially since she has history with Bash.

Last edited by makeitreign; 10-06-2014 at 10:47 AM
makeitreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly. I mean I'm not saying if she's going to cheat it should be with Bash. I don't want her to cheat with anyone. But if she's not going to cheat with Bash, who I hate to admit she did care for, then it makes even less sense for her to cheat with some new guy. Also I think she is above using her body to garner political favor. She's just not that type of girl or queen. Plus I really think her being unfaithful to Francis, the king, would cause more trouble than it's worth. There are just so many huge consequences to either of them (especially her just because they almost expected kings to have mistresses back then) doing something like that and just really nothing to gain from it. There is just no reason to damage the Frary relationship like that. There are better ways, ways that actually make sense for the characters, to create tension and drama. Also I would like to think Mary and Francis learned their lessons about this kind of crap with this Lola baby debacle and everything as Bash. Not the same as infidelity in their marriage but similar. Similar enough that should know what a bad idea this would be. Plus Frary have problems and drama galore as it is. They don't need some stupid, contrived infidelity storyline on top of all the other crap they are dealing with already. Francis already has a baby with another woman and Mary almost married his brother, that is enough third party crap to last the entire run of the show, thank you very much.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 10-07-2014 at 02:34 AM
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's perfectly fine to say that Laurie should perfectly know that cheating is something she doesn't even need to think about.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Reunion sneak peek

Toby Regbo
Old 10-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Frary reunion! I expected a kiss thrown in there but im not complaining. (Simply because I know they'll have their own private reunion later )

I cant with that clip. Mary's face when her ladies are all cooing over Lola and the baby slays my heart. bby doesnt deserve this
Old 10-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

that promo

Ok, I'm TeamCatherine from the first day I watched Reign so I'm TeamFrary too.. .I mean look at Catherine in that scene, the hearttouch and that smile when he finally took Mary in his arms and she's all like "OOOOOH" Another reason why I LOVE CATHERINE

Poor Mary I understand that Kenna and Greer are Lola's friends but they both run to Lola and Mary just stood there with her sad face
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Cat's face when they're hugging She's like us

Toby Regbo
Old 10-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Cat's face when they're hugging She's like us
She is remember, she's FraryShipper number 1 from the very beginning
Old 10-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Cat, your frary colours are showing. She's all like: "Be still, my shipper heart!" #biggestfraryshipperofthemall

I'm a bit disappointed all we got was an awkward hug, but as Mikaela said, I'm sure they'll have their own private reunion later on
veneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

the private reunion YESSSS PLEASE!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Thanks for posting the new sneak peak, Sheila! And thanks for bringing that gif over, Issi.

I LOVE CATHERINE! Frary Shipper Number 1! Her face when they are hugging! She really is like us.

I can't believe one little hug can turn me into a puddle of goo, but that's the reality. And Francis' voice when he says Mary's name. It's like church bells.

Private reunion? YES YES YES PLEASE!

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-07-2014 at 06:36 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top