Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know, I get them filling in the gap of time.. the mystery of what happened. (whether they can pull it off, IDK.. especially since they probably don't know yet who killed him) But it sounds like flashbacks aren't limited to that..they're going to have other stuff.
And while, at least right now, I'm sort of glad to get more Wes/Laurel scenes that way, cause it's all we'll get but it's not letting me move on. Actually, same with the baby. Even though I want that baby to be born. (if it's Wes's.. which I'm sure it is, but if not then I don't are. Speaking of..

Spoiler:
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Yeah it's very odd storytelling. You normally build up to a character's death and death is the closure. This is backwards and I don't know if it can do anything more than frustrate people. Fans might just feel more upset at the injustice and non fans might feel it's a waste of screentime. So will anyone really want to see what happened to Wes? And on soaps when they used to kill off a main character they'd set up multiple suspects before which is what would drive the storyline. Now the suspects are limited. I don't see how these flashbacks will help bring closure tbh.
Yeah this is actually the first time I've seen an character death written this way.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
I don't know, I get them filling in the gap of time.. the mystery of what happened. (whether they can pull it off, IDK.. especially since they probably don't know yet who killed him) But it sounds like flashbacks aren't limited to that..they're going to have other stuff.
And while, at least right now, I'm sort of glad to get more Wes/Laurel scenes that way, cause it's all we'll get but it's not letting me move on. Actually, same with the baby. Even though I want that baby to be born. (if it's Wes's.. which I'm sure it is, but if not then I don't are. Speaking of..

Spoiler:

Yeah I just don't see anyone being able to move on after these episodes. Though I hope they acknowledge the ILY in the flashbacks. That, I feel needs to be done if they care at all about them.

Spoiler:
Old 12-08-2016, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah I just don't see anyone being able to move on after these episodes. Though I hope they acknowledge the ILY in the flashbacks. That, I feel needs to be done if they care at all about them.

Spoiler:
Yeah same here.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Absolutely. I really hope that Wes got to hear that she did love him, that he got to believe it before he died.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-08-2016, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I want him to know that as well.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have mixed feelings about the flashbacks too. On one hand, I want to see more Wes and (hopefully) Wes/Laurel scenes. On the other hand, I want to stop watching this show as soon as possible. Especially given I know I’ll be intensely angry all over again if they fail to include something positive for Wes in those flashbacks. Or if I catch Frank’s ~redemption or beginnings of a Flaurel reunion.

Spoiler:
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
I have mixed feelings about the flashbacks too. On one hand, I want to see more Wes and (hopefully) Wes/Laurel scenes. On the other hand, I want to stop watching this show as soon as possible. Especially given I know I’ll be intensely angry all over again if they fail to include something positive for Wes in those flashbacks. Or if I catch Frank’s ~redemption or beginnings of a Flaurel reunion.
That is exactly my feelings. Exactly.

Quote:
Spoiler:
That definitely would have been the better thing.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

Sigh, I feel the exact same way as you guys. I have nothing to add

And in regards to possibly more wes/laurel scenes, it's the only thing giving me hope but at the same time i'm also feeling like after I watch I'm gonna be like this:

The rest of the season is gonna hurt, no matter what.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)

Spoiler:
Yeah I would've preferred that as well.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmebleed (View Post)
Sigh, I feel the exact same way as you guys. I have nothing to add

And in regards to possibly more wes/laurel scenes, it's the only thing giving me hope but at the same time i'm also feeling like after I watch I'm gonna be like this:
https://66.media.tumblr.com/af2a77b4...l7bmo1_250.gif
The rest of the season is gonna hurt, no matter what.
Yep.

Unfathomably depressing.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

He's just like us. He doesn't get why Wes got such an awful ending after he went through so much.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

I know, Alfie's reactions to all of it is pretty much mine.

Everyone should WTF at this though. Wes just got shat on throughout his life, and then got killed. Repeating a phrase that someone else used.. that's not entertainment. And I expected more from this show.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah same here.
Reply   Post New Thread