Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2018, 08:34 AM
  #46
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Exactly It was a well-done show in every aspect and definitely deserved (and still deserves) acclaim.
So true.

It really feels like a work of art. I can't think of any other shows I've felt this way about.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:04 AM
  #47
Part-Time Fan
 
Dlyn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
So true.

It really feels like a work of art. I can't think of any other shows I've felt this way about.
Sometimes I really can’t believe that I keep watching parts of it and talking about it over and over and am not getting tired of it at all. I have never felt that way about a show before. I honestly would be so emotional to see them together onscreen again continuing the story.
Dlyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:26 AM
  #48
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyn (View Post)
Sometimes I really can’t believe that I keep watching parts of it and talking about it over and over and am not getting tired of it at all. I have never felt that way about a show before. I honestly would be so emotional to see them together onscreen again continuing the story.
Yes!! I keep expecting it to die down at least. But instead, I've found the opposite to be true for myself. The more I watch, the more I talk about it, the more I feel connected to the characters and the deeper my love for the show grows. I even find myself supporting and loving characters who I really didn't care for in the beginning (there are still a couple I don't, but still that's big for me). This show is really a happy place for me, too. If I'm having a bad day, I just look at a picture, listen to a soundtrack song, watch a fanvid or an episode and my mood turns totally around.

And yes, a reunion show would have SO many people freaking out!! I do have to wonder why the whole cast got together this year for that photoshoot and everything...
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:08 PM
  #49
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Yes!! I keep expecting it to die down at least. But instead, I've found the opposite to be true for myself. The more I watch, the more I talk about it, the more I feel connected to the characters and the deeper my love for the show grows. I even find myself supporting and loving characters who I really didn't care for in the beginning (there are still a couple I don't, but still that's big for me). This show is really a happy place for me, too. If I'm having a bad day, I just look at a picture, listen to a soundtrack song, watch a fanvid or an episode and my mood turns totally around.

And yes, a reunion show would have SO many people freaking out!! I do have to wonder why the whole cast got together this year for that photoshoot and everything...
I agree. I mean, I know I have felt like this with shows in the past, which I still love. I'm just happy to add QAF to that.

I mean, I guess for the anniversary, because that's what that magazine does. But oh how I'd kill for a little reunion mini movie series or something.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:03 PM
  #50
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
I agree. I mean, I know I have felt like this with shows in the past, which I still love. I'm just happy to add QAF to that.

I mean, I guess for the anniversary, because that's what that magazine does. But oh how I'd kill for a little reunion mini movie series or something.
I've only had one show I felt similarly about in the past, which I still rewatch. But not even that one grabbed me at the depth that QAF has. And I just relate so much more to this show - the ages of the characters, the themes, etc.

True...but how rare is it for them to actually ALL get together, y'know? And yes - I would kill for something like what Netflix did with the Gilmore Girls, brought back a little mini movie series type deal...but I'd want QAF's to be done a lot better than that was.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:06 AM
  #51
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I've only had one show I felt similarly about in the past, which I still rewatch. But not even that one grabbed me at the depth that QAF has. And I just relate so much more to this show - the ages of the characters, the themes, etc.

True...but how rare is it for them to actually ALL get together, y'know? And yes - I would kill for something like what Netflix did with the Gilmore Girls, brought back a little mini movie series type deal...but I'd want QAF's to be done a lot better than that was.
That would be great!! Imagine it opens with Justin and Brian married with kids? Imagine lol. OR it opens with them seeing each other for the first time after all these years I need to stop lol.

You didn't like the Gilmore Girls one? I mean, I know there were some parts that were ehhh but I thought it to be overall good. I literally watched the show for the first time that year just in time for the revival to start.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:21 AM
  #52
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
That would be great!! Imagine it opens with Justin and Brian married with kids? Imagine lol. OR it opens with them seeing each other for the first time after all these years I need to stop lol.

You didn't like the Gilmore Girls one? I mean, I know there were some parts that were ehhh but I thought it to be overall good. I literally watched the show for the first time that year just in time for the revival to start.
Bleh, kids. I'm all for them being married, but I still can't wrap my head around Brian having (more) kids. But we can all fantasize in our own way. Aww, I like the idea of them seeing each other again...but at the same time that would discount my theory that they are keeping in touch and seeing each other and making it work even with the distance. Hmm...

Ehhh. There was only one episode I really liked, and I think it was either the fall or winter one. There's kind of a weird musical in it, and some Beatles songs? Lol. I liked that one, but the rest were meh. A lot of choices they made I didn't agree with...and I REALLY didn't like the ending. I think they totally changed Rory's character and that was not cool.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:58 AM
  #53
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Bleh, kids. I'm all for them being married, but I still can't wrap my head around Brian having (more) kids. But we can all fantasize in our own way. Aww, I like the idea of them seeing each other again...but at the same time that would discount my theory that they are keeping in touch and seeing each other and making it work even with the distance. Hmm...

Ehhh. There was only one episode I really liked, and I think it was either the fall or winter one. There's kind of a weird musical in it, and some Beatles songs? Lol. I liked that one, but the rest were meh. A lot of choices they made I didn't agree with...and I REALLY didn't like the ending. I think they totally changed Rory's character and that was not cool.
Maybe he broke down in his old age and had more kids It'd be funny if he and Justin used either Lindsay or Melanie to carry one of their kids Yeah, if that happened, I'd be sad that they didn't see each other all these years.

Oh yeah I remember that lol haha. Wasn't the ending the one they wanted originally wanted for the show? I know, a lot of people didn't like Rory.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:56 AM
  #54
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Maybe he broke down in his old age and had more kids It'd be funny if he and Justin used either Lindsay or Melanie to carry one of their kids Yeah, if that happened, I'd be sad that they didn't see each other all these years.

Oh yeah I remember that lol haha. Wasn't the ending the one they wanted originally wanted for the show? I know, a lot of people didn't like Rory.
It could be. I'm just not a kid person so that was one big thing I always loved about Brian and him not wanting them for himself. But that's a personal thing. That would be a funny twist if they had the lesbians carry them though.

I'm actually not sure about the ending and if it was how they wanted the show to end. That kind of does sound familiar, now that you say it. Either way, I was not a fan.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:51 AM
  #55
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
It could be. I'm just not a kid person so that was one big thing I always loved about Brian and him not wanting them for himself. But that's a personal thing. That would be a funny twist if they had the lesbians carry them though.

I'm actually not sure about the ending and if it was how they wanted the show to end. That kind of does sound familiar, now that you say it. Either way, I was not a fan.
Ahh gotcha. I mean, I do want kids. Although I'm afraid of having that responsibility if that makes sense so I would love it for that twist.

I read it somewhere that it was. But oh well.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:50 PM
  #56
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Ahh gotcha. I mean, I do want kids. Although I'm afraid of having that responsibility if that makes sense so I would love it for that twist.

I read it somewhere that it was. But oh well.
I'm definitely in the minority (or at least, so we're led to believe by society ). Just never wanted/liked kids. So that's always been something I've admired about Brian, that he belongs to that same minority. It was a personal thing I felt like we shared and it made me love him all the more. I'd be the non-relationship who wouldn't expect/want him to change in that regard. Just sayin'...
Spoiler:
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:27 PM
  #57
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I'm definitely in the minority (or at least, so we're led to believe by society ). Just never wanted/liked kids. So that's always been something I've admired about Brian, that he belongs to that same minority. It was a personal thing I felt like we shared and it made me love him all the more. I'd be the non-relationship who wouldn't expect/want him to change in that regard. Just sayin'...
Spoiler:
That makes sense. I mean, I say to each their own, do what makes you happy!! As should Brian lol.

Spoiler:
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:26 PM
  #58
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
That makes sense. I mean, I say to each their own, do what makes you happy!! As should Brian lol.

Spoiler:
Agreed. So I feel some personal frustration when the other characters keep trying to get Brian to change his ways, too. Cause the amount of people who pressure you about that stuff is unreal.

Spoiler:
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:55 AM
  #59
Loyal Fan
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Agreed. So I feel some personal frustration when the other characters keep trying to get Brian to change his ways, too. Cause the amount of people who pressure you about that stuff is unreal.

Spoiler:
Oh I know. It seems like it's expected of you to have kids because you're a woman and all that crap. But, not even that, if people don't like you doing certain things, acting a certain way, they try and change you. Idiots.

Spoiler:
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:48 AM
  #60
Loyal Fan
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Oh I know. It seems like it's expected of you to have kids because you're a woman and all that crap. But, not even that, if people don't like you doing certain things, acting a certain way, they try and change you. Idiots.

Spoiler:
Yes! Women seem to get the worst of it. There's no way to please anybody. So I gave up on it. And yes, to get married and have kids to prove your existence is meaningful or whatever. Like umm, I'm a person and I'm already valid just for being here? But even if one did get married and have kids, people would start in with "When are you going to have more? What activities do your kids do?" and it goes on and on...

Spoiler:


Back to favorite moments! I was thinking about a new category: Brian's surprise pop-ins. I love when the guys are at the diner and all like well into the conversation Brian turns around and has been there the whole time. Also love his surprise when he shows up at the Canadian Woody's at the beginning of the Liberty Ride.
__________________
...Even if it was ~ridiculously romantic~.


Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
game, queer as folk


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST