Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2018, 04:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
When I first found the show, it was on YT. It was before the crackdown of closing down channels for posting full episodes. I didn't read or watch any spoilers and I was legitimately surprised and horrified with the season finale. It was horrible. Then seeing that Justin didn't remember nearly killed me.
I was so glad I had the dvd's and could go straight to the next season to see what happened but it was so awful - the acting in this part was incredible though from Gale and in season 2 as well. It was so sad that Justin didn't remember and by the time he was feeling better and back with Brian, Brian had already closed himself off a little bit again to the whole love thing I think.

Quote:
I was so shocked when I saw that scene for the first time, but I had a vague memory in my mind of when my sister watched it when it aired (I only watched it years later). And her and her best friend were devastated with everything that happened and I remember her on the phone discussing it with her friend, she's five years older than me so I had no clue what she was going on about...I just remember tears and those two names, Brian and Justin... but I only remembered after I actually saw the scene myself years later.
I can understand why there would be tears - it was so moving and so sad and so powerful. It would have been so terrible for people watching it and waiting for the following season to see what had happened to Brian and Justin. It's cool both you and your sister have watched it
Old 04-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I can understand why there would be tears - it was so moving and so sad and so powerful. It would have been so terrible for people watching it and waiting for the following season to see what had happened to Brian and Justin. It's cool both you and your sister have watched it
She really enjoyed it. I remember when it was airing I would walk in the room and sit down and watch it and the only thing i remember the most was Debbie and her voice I don't even know how my parents allowed me to watch it with her, I think they were sleeping cause I was a lot younger. But I only really watched from the beginning in 2005 or 2006...and I honestly can't remember why. I think it's because I remembered my sister loving it so much and wanting to know why.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione Weasley (View Post)
She really enjoyed it. I remember when it was airing I would walk in the room and sit down and watch it and the only thing i remember the most was Debbie and her voice I don't even know how my parents allowed me to watch it with her, I think they were sleeping cause I was a lot younger. But I only really watched from the beginning in 2005 or 2006...and I honestly can't remember why. I think it's because I remembered my sister loving it so much and wanting to know why.
Debbie certainly has a distinctive voice I have watched shows before because my siblings have liked it and sometimes I have started out saying oh I don't like this show and then because they were watching I kept watching and ending up liking the show . I am guessing though that you were never saying I don't like this show
Old 04-26-2018, 05:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I would say the prom scene kiss is one of the most romantic kisses in the whole show it was a little bit hesitated at the begining, and full of love from both sides.

the one I also love very much, but which is very heartbreaking is the last one

It seemed Brian was kissing Justin like he would never ever kiss him again and his life and happyness depended on this last kiss
Old 04-26-2018, 05:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh their last kiss Don't let him go Brian, don't go Justin - stay with Brian - don't kiss goodbye - stay and kiss hello again I wish anyway
Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Oh their last kiss Don't let him go Brian, don't go Justin - stay with Brian - don't kiss goodbye - stay and kiss hello again I wish anyway
I never was as happy as with this story that fans are such a talented and creative bunch with fanfics
Old 04-26-2018, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Debbie certainly has a distinctive voice I have watched shows before because my siblings have liked it and sometimes I have started out saying oh I don't like this show and then because they were watching I kept watching and ending up liking the show . I am guessing though that you were never saying I don't like this show
No, from day one I was addicted. I watched the first couple of episodes before getting my best friend to start over with me (Cause I was obsessed, and wanted someoen to talk to about it) and we watched the full series together in two weekends. We watched the first 3 seasons starting on a Thursday night till Sunday night non-stop. I think we slept for like 4 hours then we went to school all week counting the days till the next weekend to watch the final 2 seasons. At this point all episodes were not good quality, cause many were from TV. All DVD's weren't available yet. We had to actually listen to one of the episodes in Season 4 or 5 because the episode was so scrambled and distorted that we couldn't make out any of it, but the audio was perfect. And we were so obsessed we just listened and turned away from the screen cause it was really badly distorted, it kind of scared us As soon as we could get a decent quality of the episode we re-watched it

Aw..that scene breaks my heart Just looking at the screencap makes me sad. Such a great kiss, but so heartbreaking.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione Weasley (View Post)
No, from day one I was addicted. I watched the first couple of episodes before getting my best friend to start over with me (Cause I was obsessed, and wanted someoen to talk to about it) and we watched the full series together in two weekends. We watched the first 3 seasons starting on a Thursday night till Sunday night non-stop. I think we slept for like 4 hours then we went to school all week counting the days till the next weekend to watch the final 2 seasons. At this point all episodes were not good quality, cause many were from TV. All DVD's weren't available yet. We had to actually listen to one of the episodes in Season 4 or 5 because the episode was so scrambled and distorted that we couldn't make out any of it, but the audio was perfect. And we were so obsessed we just listened and turned away from the screen cause it was really badly distorted, it kind of scared us As soon as we could get a decent quality of the episode we re-watched it

Aw..that scene breaks my heart Just looking at the screencap makes me sad. Such a great kiss, but so heartbreaking.
That is very cool I watched it in one week just back to back as well It was crazy but I couldn't stop watching . I had the DVD's though so no major issues except for season 5. I put in the first dvd and tried to play the first episode it wouldn't work!! At all - like wouldn't load or anything - I just about had a heart attack! My husband had to download it for me (and we don't usually do that and it was hard to find but he did) but I couldn't miss even one episode - I couldn't just go on with episode 2 or anything - glad it was only the one though and I could watch all the others ok

That scene is so sad I wish they didn't have to separate
Old 04-28-2018, 07:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

When I watched the show for the first time, I used every free minute, no matter if it were lunchbreaks at work, nights or weekends, to watch.. Itruly was addicted.. and I think I still am
Old 04-29-2018, 10:32 PM
Absolute Fan

After the first time I watched it in a week I started rewatching it straight away and had to watch some every night before sleep
Old 04-30-2018, 02:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
After the first time I watched it in a week I started rewatching it straight away and had to watch some every night before sleep
I think I had it on a permanent loop for almost a year.. I just couldn't stop.. and I still need my daily dose, no matter how.. here, fanfic, fanvid, episode, clip.. just something
Old 05-01-2018, 01:46 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
I think I had it on a permanent loop for almost a year.. I just couldn't stop.. and I still need my daily dose, no matter how.. here, fanfic, fanvid, episode, clip.. just something
Not crazy! ) Just fell in love with something and still in love today
Old 05-01-2018, 04:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Not crazy! ) Just fell in love with something and still in love today
I've been a fan of shows before, but I can't remember it being so intense.. I could watch them over and over without getting bored.. thinking back to my stargate times, we had and still have our favourite episodes, but a complete rerun.. I can't remember doing it, or at times I was active on the stargate board that got closed, we never did a groupwatch thing together .. so QaF will always be special to me
Old 05-02-2018, 12:40 AM
Absolute Fan

QAF is special there is no doubt

OK a new one for us all -

Your favourite Emmett and Ted moment?

I have to think about this one myself as there is so many moments to choose from
Old 05-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

This scene is one of my favorite Ted/Emmett scenes. Although the episode itself was pretty sad (to me 219), this was a really sweet moment in the bowling alley.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread