Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2018, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Indeed. And Brian's face...ahh, it's beginning.

I also think QAF has one of the best pilots in history. I love the first episode. I don't think it's just bias, either. I think the pilot is a bit more dramatic than some of the rest of the series, but it hooks you in, right from the very beginning. The scene on the roof, the fun dynamic already setting up between B/J/M, the "tick, tick, tick" thing in the car, then driving Justin to school and even Brian screaming "F----T!" out of the Jeep. It's all so great.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Indeed. And Brian's face...ahh, it's beginning.

I also think QAF has one of the best pilots in history. I love the first episode. I don't think it's just bias, either. I think the pilot is a bit more dramatic than some of the rest of the series, but it hooks you in, right from the very beginning. The scene on the roof, the fun dynamic already setting up between B/J/M, the "tick, tick, tick" thing in the car, then driving Justin to school and even Brian screaming "F----T!" out of the Jeep. It's all so great.
Yup I didn't know what to expect from the show and it hooked me from the start. I needed to know the characters and see what was going to happen to them. And here I am, pretty much having watched it three times now haha.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Yup I didn't know what to expect from the show and it hooked me from the start. I needed to know the characters and see what was going to happen to them. And here I am, pretty much having watched it three times now haha.
I'm on my third watch, too! That's awesome.

And yeah, totally - I had no idea what I was getting myself into... I only knew Hal Sparks, so I thought maybe the show would be just kinda funny/amusing, something I could watch on occasion when bored... NOPE. It sunk its claws into me fast and deep.

...I'll never escape now.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm on my third watch, too! That's awesome.

And yeah, totally - I had no idea what I was getting myself into... I only knew Hal Sparks, so I thought maybe the show would be just kinda funny/amusing, something I could watch on occasion when bored... NOPE. It sunk its claws into me fast and deep.

...I'll never escape now.
Yup exactly haha that's me

I don't think I knew anyone in the show. I mean, after seeing Hal Sparks, I realized where I'd seen him. And Gale was in a show I watched a long time ago but I really don't remember him in it. But after watching it--I was in love with all of them haha.

Oh yeah, we are definitely hooked.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yup exactly haha that's me

I don't think I knew anyone in the show. I mean, after seeing Hal Sparks, I realized where I'd seen him. And Gale was in a show I watched a long time ago but I really don't remember him in it. But after watching it--I was in love with all of them haha.

Oh yeah, we are definitely hooked.
Mhmmm, it's bad. Or wonderful...

What show was it that you saw with Gale, out of curiosity? And yes, very easy to fall for all the characters. Well...maybe not all of them.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Mhmmm, it's bad. Or wonderful...

What show was it that you saw with Gale, out of curiosity? And yes, very easy to fall for all the characters. Well...maybe not all of them.
It's wonderful, of course

Okay true, not all of them haha

He was in The Secret Circle. I mean, I vaguely remember him in it and I didn't know him then.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's wonderful, of course

Okay true, not all of them haha

He was in The Secret Circle. I mean, I vaguely remember him in it and I didn't know him then.
Is that the show where he burned that house down? I've seen that clip, but nothing else from the show. It's in a lot of fanvids, too.

And agreed, tis wonderful.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Is that the show where he burned that house down? I've seen that clip, but nothing else from the show. It's in a lot of fanvids, too.

And agreed, tis wonderful.
Oh wow I have no idea haha. But maybe? All I know is that he played the father of one of the teenage girls.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh wow I have no idea haha. But maybe? All I know is that he played the father of one of the teenage girls.
Haha I just searched, and yup, here it is:

It just makes me laugh, cause I can't get used to Gale being evil.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Ahhh wow okay that was a good refresher. It's so weird seeing Gale like that now haha!! But he's beautiful.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

Agreed, totally weird but yes he's beautiful even when he's burning down buildings.

IDK if I could stand that show...everything on The CW is so corny and badly acted (except for Gale, I'm sure. ). But I know he's been in at least a couple of their shows...

Old 08-17-2018, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Gale is just beautiful always

I admit, I do watch a good amount of the CW shows haha Has he? I need to go look him up again.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I really liked the secret circle, although I maybe migt have not watched if it wouldn't have been for Gale sadly it only got one season.. as so many things with him I miss him on screen

icon by Daggi
Old 08-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I liked it too I'm into shows like that. Aww yeah, I wish we would see more of Gale.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Gale is just beautiful always

I admit, I do watch a good amount of the CW shows haha Has he? I need to go look him up again.
Whoops, sorry! I haven't seen a whole lot of them, TBH. And I might be kinda biased in a negative way because they're rebooting Charmed and it looks just awful...

Yes, agreed...he seems to be on lots of things that get canceled early. And I wish we saw more of him on screen, too. I'm wondering if part of it is him not wanting to be super famous, though. He does seem like a somewhat shy, definitely private person. The QAF fame was intense.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread