Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
oh no.. noone gets exiled here just because he likes Brian/Michael .. and if somebody would do it, he would get in trouble

It as the same for me.. the first time I really started to get annoyed of the way Brian treated people.. but with the second watch it changed.. that is what makes that show so brilliant.. it has a completly different effect on you after the first watch
Glad.

YES! Wow. It makes sense, because after the first watch you've seen the characters' complete lifespans and have gotten to know them, so of course you want different things than during your first watch. I remember having a couple of things I wanted to happen during my first watchthrough, and none of them happened... Haha. But watching through more and more, I'm more OK with what did happen...for the most part.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 08-10-2018, 06:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Of course, no one would get exiled!!

Quote:
It as the same for me.. the first time I really started to get annoyed of the way Brian treated people.. but with the second watch it changed.. that is what makes that show so brilliant.. it has a completly different effect on you after the first watch
Exactly. Things make more sense once you already know the characters and you go back and watch it again.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

The first time, it almost seemes there is so much going on in the show you don't have the time to get deeper into anything.. the more often you watch, the more details appear

icon by Daggi
Old 08-11-2018, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The first time, it almost seemes there is so much going on in the show you don't have the time to get deeper into anything.. the more often you watch, the more details appear
Yes. And You get to focus on characters you weren't really paying attention to as much the first time, second time, etc. I find some characters growing on me, this third time through, that hadn't meant much to me before.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, exactly!!
Old 08-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

And I never will get tired of watchin over and over again

icon by Daggi
Old 08-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

I look forward to looping this show for all of infinity and never getting tired of it.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Honestly same. I haven't gotten tired of it yet lol. It's a nice little world to escape to.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

so to bring over Jim's favourite question frm the musicthread..

what is in your eyes your most favourite fittin music that blends over in the end credits

mine:

No more good guys - Brian leaving Justin after Jennifer tells him

Kind of magic - Jusitn drawing the jacket after he wanted to go to dartmouth

icon by Daggi
Old 08-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
so to bring over Jim's favourite question frm the musicthread..

what is in your eyes your most favourite fittin music that blends over in the end credits

mine:

No more good guys - Brian leaving Justin after Jennifer tells him

Kind of magic - Jusitn drawing the jacket after he wanted to go to dartmouth
One of my favorite music cues from the whole show. I'm totally in love with that Queen song now.

Also for me:
-"Lover's Spit", from when B/J get back together in Brian's office. Sooooo in love with this song - reminds me of my favorite scene ever.
-"You are my Sunshine" cover from the episode where Justin leave's Brian's loft.

Arghhh there are more and I'm blanking. There's an instrumental song that plays in one of the episodes of S5...maybe after the engagement? IDK but I remember it being so beautiful. This show was really amazing with its soundtrack.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I`m totally blanking too but I like the Lover`s Spit and the Queen song, those were really good!!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

I thought of another cool "favorite" question - Favorite ramping shot?

First one that comes to mind for me is when Brian first notices Justin. But I'll have to think of some others.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I thought of another cool "favorite" question - Favorite ramping shot?

First one that comes to mind for me is when Brian first notices Justin. But I'll have to think of some others.
Good one ~ the two that come to mind are the kiss during Lover’s Spit and when Justin shoots the guys a bird when Brian says “Hey Busboy”
Old 08-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Those are both great!!

I just watched another favorite episode of mine that I had to mention here, since we were discussing fave episodes earlier. "The King of Babylon" - there's so much good stuff in it. That hilarious romance between Emmett and Brent. "We can't go back!" The song "You Look So Fine" by Garbage (one of my favorite bands) plays when Brian watches Justin with his trick in the backroom. I was stupidly excited when I watched it on DVD for the first time, cause I'd first watched it on Netflix and that song wasn't in it. I love "High School Confidential" too. That song is on the mix I made and I jam to it. I love the whole brooding front Brian puts up throughout. Then at the end of the episode when Brian asks Justin, "So what did you tell him?" and Justin says, "I told him he could see me in his dreams." That's one of my favorite Justin moments. And the look on Michael's face...ahhh, so good!!! I love that episode. Had to run over here to discuss.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Those are both great!!

I just watched another favorite episode of mine that I had to mention here, since we were discussing fave episodes earlier. "The King of Babylon" - there's so much good stuff in it. That hilarious romance between Emmett and Brent. "We can't go back!" The song "You Look So Fine" by Garbage (one of my favorite bands) plays when Brian watches Justin with his trick in the backroom. I was stupidly excited when I watched it on DVD for the first time, cause I'd first watched it on Netflix and that song wasn't in it. I love "High School Confidential" too. That song is on the mix I made and I jam to it. I love the whole brooding front Brian puts up throughout. Then at the end of the episode when Brian asks Justin, "So what did you tell him?" and Justin says, "I told him he could see me in his dreams." That's one of my favorite Justin moments. And the look on Michael's face...ahhh, so good!!! I love that episode. Had to run over here to discuss.
Yes!! I love that moment at the end too, it was so perfect!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread