Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2018, 11:29 PM
  #61
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,470
Thanks! And I love your shirt! Very Debbie, indeed!

I also found a way to slip a second QAF reference into my article... I joked about waiting for the cast members to walk out of a bar. Hehe. Love when I can have fun with my work.
__________________
~Don't you see that you still have your powers? All of your powers! And you always will. You will always be young and you will always be beautiful. You're Brian Kinney, FFS!~

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:36 AM
  #62
Moderator Manager
MST Manager
the thumpathumpa goes on

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 107,706
Thanks for posting, Dena.

Can you do me a favor though? If the images are too large, can you put them in spoiler tags? This will make it easier for those whose internet browsers will slow down due to image size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)

Otherwise...this is probably one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Like seriously, who watched this junk!?
Agreed. I can't even watch it for Gale's scenes. The voice over makes it even more intolerable.
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:41 AM
  #63
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2,105
Love the shirt, totally Debbie!!

Chris, that's awesome!! And if they walked out of the bar, the Woody's here that is, I'd faint. And
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:46 AM
  #64
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Agreed. I can't even watch it for Gale's scenes. The voice over makes it even more intolerable.
Yes, that voice over is HORRIBLE. And the acting style choice on the whole show is so strange!! It's so fake and weird. And I don't find any of the women very attractive, but I remember when it first came out, it was marketed like they were all super hot. Lol...

But aww, Gale's scenes are worth skipping to. That's what I did, past the first episode. He's great on it. But that was also when he had his motorcycle accident, so they had to write him out. I already got to that part and I'm bummed.

And Addie, lol, I'd probably pee myself. Or pass out. Or both.
__________________
~Don't you see that you still have your powers? All of your powers! And you always will. You will always be young and you will always be beautiful. You're Brian Kinney, FFS!~

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:06 AM
  #65
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2,105
I can't even remember who the women on that show were right now

Chris
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:28 AM
  #66
Moderator Manager
MST Manager
the thumpathumpa goes on

 
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥'s Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 107,706
This is where Gale answers some questions about the accident.

https://youtu.be/JOX1iagGaDg
♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:18 AM
  #67
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,470
I had seen that before, but it's nice to see it again now, that I've seen half of the season and can understand more what he's talking about. I'm so glad he recovered fully, it seems like it was pretty serious. There have been a couple of parts on the show where they've had him leave a phone message for his gf, and I'm wondering if they actually called him up at the hospital to get that. It is his voice. Just kinda crazy. And at him joking about being more concerned about the bike than himself.


Addie, here's a couple pics of Gale with his gf on DH:
Spoiler:


It's just weird. But I guess I'm just not their target audience.
__________________
~Don't you see that you still have your powers? All of your powers! And you always will. You will always be young and you will always be beautiful. You're Brian Kinney, FFS!~

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:22 AM
  #68
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2,105
I'll have to watch that video when not at work but--he was in an accident?!

Oh yeah okay, I remember those women now, Chris. I know I knew the actresses but I couldn't remember them

Oh well hello Gale

What's funny is--I am the target audience and meanwhile now I'm just like---no no, it's weird seeing him with a woman
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:49 AM
  #69
Moderator Support Team
the thumpathumpa goes on

 
Giotto's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 52,560
Wow! I'm not sure I have seen that interview before

and I did like Jackson

and I hope you don't hate me, but I kind of liked the show
__________________
If you don't have to say anything nice, don't say anything at all


icon by Deborah
Giotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:58 AM
  #70
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
I'll have to watch that video when not at work but--he was in an accident?!

Oh yeah okay, I remember those women now, Chris. I know I knew the actresses but I couldn't remember them

Oh well hello Gale

What's funny is--I am the target audience and meanwhile now I'm just like---no no, it's weird seeing him with a woman
Hello Gale, indeed. He looks exactly like s5 Brian the whole time. I think it was filmed very soon after that.

And yes, he was in a motorcycle accident. I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that he got really badly burned? But then somehow he recovered 100% (thank goodness ). But yeah, it caused him to miss quite a few episodes of DH.

See, I was kind of thinking the target audience for DH might almost be middle-aged men. Or certainly middle-aged women. But I think "that kind of woman" was supposed to be appealing to men. I could be wrong, but that's the impression that I get. /cue '90s song.

And lol Daggi, it's ok if you liked the show! I loved Jackson. Susan's alright, too, and some of them even make me laugh at times. I just overall found it to be a bit...obnoxious.
__________________
~Don't you see that you still have your powers? All of your powers! And you always will. You will always be young and you will always be beautiful. You're Brian Kinney, FFS!~

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:27 PM
  #71
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Hello Gale, indeed. He looks exactly like s5 Brian the whole time. I think it was filmed very soon after that.

And yes, he was in a motorcycle accident. I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that he got really badly burned? But then somehow he recovered 100% (thank goodness ). But yeah, it caused him to miss quite a few episodes of DH.

See, I was kind of thinking the target audience for DH might almost be middle-aged men. Or certainly middle-aged women. But I think "that kind of woman" was supposed to be appealing to men. I could be wrong, but that's the impression that I get. /cue '90s song.

And lol Daggi, it's ok if you liked the show! I loved Jackson. Susan's alright, too, and some of them even make me laugh at times. I just overall found it to be a bit...obnoxious.

Oh wow that's so scary, I'm glad he's okay.

Really, middle-aged men? I mean, women, yeah. Not that I really know exactly what that show is about lol.
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:35 PM
  #72
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Oh wow that's so scary, I'm glad he's okay.

Really, middle-aged men? I mean, women, yeah. Not that I really know exactly what that show is about lol.
Haha, or maybe young adult men would be more accurate. I remember my older brother liking it. And yeah, because they're supposedly "super hot" women who are kinda rebellious or not PC.
__________________
~Don't you see that you still have your powers? All of your powers! And you always will. You will always be young and you will always be beautiful. You're Brian Kinney, FFS!~

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:37 PM
  #73
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Haha, or maybe young adult men would be more accurate. I remember my older brother liking it. And yeah, because they're supposedly "super hot" women who are kinda rebellious or not PC.
Ohhh lol. Why does that not inspire any interest in me?
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:51 PM
  #74
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
Ohhh lol. Why does that not inspire any interest in me?
Because it's a terrible show. EXCEPT the Galeness.
__________________
~Don't you see that you still have your powers? All of your powers! And you always will. You will always be young and you will always be beautiful. You're Brian Kinney, FFS!~

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:22 PM
  #75
the thumpathumpa goes on
 
daggerrose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Because it's a terrible show. EXCEPT the Galeness.
He does make everything better

He’s so adorable in that video!!
daggerrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
discussion


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST