Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2018, 06:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

For the obsessed

Some of you may already know of this, but I found a podcast that I love! It’s called “Still Queer as a Folk” and you can find them on fb or on the iPhone podcast app. It’s two guys and they do one episode a week (they are up to 312) and dissect it to tell what they liked, what they didn’t and how it holds up 18 yrs later. I don’t always agree with them, but they’ve pointed out things I never thought of and other interesting things. I love to listen to it when I drive or clean
Old 12-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

You have a dream that both Brian Kinney and Stuart Jones are in.

The ultimate crossover!!!

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 12-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
You have a dream that both Brian Kinney and Stuart Jones are in.

The ultimate crossover!!!
did they end up together? I know I'm curious

icon by Daggi
Old 12-21-2018, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Haha... that ALSO would've been awesome... but actually they were both trying to get with me.

Of course, Brian knew he had no competition.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think I don't want to know the details .. already have pics in my head..

icon by Daggi
Old 12-22-2018, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

That's great. All I'll say is I was about to reject Stuart, but then Vince showed up again.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I personally don't get it. QA*** UK ended perfectly (isn't it ridiculous that Q. A. F. UK is restricted?) . There's no way to continue from there. The short series was really about Stuart and Vince. I think Russell T. Davies planned for those two to end up together...but do you really think that Stuart went from "over the hill club boy" to a monogamous relationship? I'm not too sure. Also...I believe someone asked a question whether or not only 10 (30 min) episodes was planned. From what I understand, he didn't think it would make it that long...the content was very risky especially with Nathan being 15 when he hooked up with Stuart.

I think I agree with Daggi about RTD smiting Dan and Ron. I guess CowLip didn't step on it fast enough. If there was going to be a U.S. revival, I've said it before...it should be with younger people coming up in the world and allowing the kids to have the spotlight. IMO...that's what adults do...let the young people have their time and the older ones support them emotionally. Perhaps Emmett is back with Drew and they had a child. They would all be teenagers...it would be amazing and unselfish and palatable, rather than having almost 50 (+ or -) year old people trying to play hyper sexual characters in the same situation as before...no growth. I believe they would have grown up. I mean it's 18 years later...FFS.

Quote:
Haha... that ALSO would've been awesome... but actually they were both trying to get with me.

Of course, Brian knew he had no competition.
OMG...you are hilarious.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I personally don't get it. QA*** UK ended perfectly (isn't it ridiculous that Q. A. F. UK is restricted?) . There's no way to continue from there. The short series was really about Stuart and Vince. I think Russell T. Davies planned for those two to end up together...but do you really think that Stuart went from "over the hill club boy" to a monogamous relationship? I'm not too sure. Also...I believe someone asked a question whether or not only 10 (30 min) episodes was planned. From what I understand, he didn't think it would make it that long...the content was very risky especially with Nathan being 15 when he hooked up with Stuart.

I think I agree with Daggi about RTD smiting Dan and Ron. I guess CowLip didn't step on it fast enough. If there was going to be a U.S. revival, I've said it before...it should be with younger people coming up in the world and allowing the kids to have the spotlight. IMO...that's what adults do...let the young people have their time and the older ones support them emotionally. Perhaps Emmett is back with Drew and they had a child. They would all be teenagers...it would be amazing and unselfish and palatable, rather than having almost 50 (+ or -) year old people trying to play hyper sexual characters in the same situation as before...no growth. I believe they would have grown up. I mean it's 18 years later...FFS.

OMG...you are hilarious.
I've heard people say that Stuart and Vince end up together in the end, and I guess in a way, they do, but I don't buy that they're together romantically/sexually from the end of the series (which is basically just the Pink Posse ). That's interesting that he didn't expect the show to make it that far...

I wouldn't be interested at all in a show about younger characters. Gilmore Girls did a miniseries on Netflix about where the characters are now, and they're not all doing the same things they were in the original. Even though I wasn't crazy about the series itself, that's what I'd personally want for QAF. A brief update on what they're doing now. I'm sure they're not at Babylon 5/6 nights a week anymore and all of that. But I'm into QAF for the folk...the original folk. I don't GAF about their kids. Just my personal stance.

And haha, that's what my brain does at night.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I guess my point is...it won't work at all.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I say it would work in a way .. you can focus on younger people.. I mean we do have Gus! and JR! and I'm pretty sure they are having a bunch of friends.. and we don't know where hey went groing up.. so why not have a focus on those younger folks and let us know what happened to all the grown ups in the background part. I mean they were all family and close friends. there should be a story somewhere in there..

but why cramp up our braincells.. it's not gonna happen

icon by Daggi
Old 12-23-2018, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

I think these discussions prove that there's absolutely nothing they could do that would satisfy the majority of the fanbase.

I say something like the mini GG series on Netflix could work well, but whatever. Prolly will never happen.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think these discussions prove that there's absolutely nothing they could do that would satisfy the majority of the fanbase.

I say something like the mini GG series on Netflix could work well, but whatever. Prolly will never happen.
That would be awesome. Not a full-blown TV series again but a sort of where are they now mini movie.

I just finished my third re-watch of QAF. I love it so much, siiiiiigh.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggerrose (View Post)
That would be awesome. Not a full-blown TV series again but a sort of where are they now mini movie.

I just finished my third re-watch of QAF. I love it so much, siiiiiigh.
Right?! Thank you. That's what I've always said. But nooooo that's impossible because....

Whoa, that was only your third? I'm on my fifth now, didn't realize I was that far ahead of you.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

.. you lost count on your rewatches

honestly, I think it ran non stop for a year at my place

icon by Daggi
Old 12-27-2018, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

... you've tried to take a couple of hiatuses in between rewatches, but the Universe forces it back into your life.

I started a tally of my watches, for some reason. I'm curious with this show.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread