Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2017, 09:11 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

I first watched in 2013. I've been a member on since 2010, but for one celebrity. I didn't come back for a few years until I watched QAF. So, no...I'm not one of the O.G. Although I've met some of them IRL. I was embraced by the fandom...new and old.

Some people write fics as a form of therapy, well I started cataloging the episodes, making gifs and then creating fanvids. I love it so much! Obsessed much?
Old 10-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I first watched in 2013. I've been a member on since 2010, but for one celebrity. I didn't come back for a few years until I watched QAF. So, no...I'm not one of the O.G. Although I've met some of them IRL. I was embraced by the fandom...new and old.

Some people write fics as a form of therapy, well I started cataloging the episodes, making gifs and then creating fanvids. I love it so much! Obsessed much?
Ah, OK - I'm not crazy then. I could've SWORN you said 2013 then your 2010 signage threw me.

Oh, yeah. I'm a firm believer that watching QAF as a Brian fan or a B/J shipper you NEED, NEED, NEED therapy and you're entitled to get it any way you possibly can.

LOL - you're only as obsessed as the rest of us are!! I'm really thrilled the fandom embraced you. That's really cool.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)

sadly there are a lot of fans, and there is no matter in which fandom, were you only can be ashamed for them.. honestly, I don't know whats wrong with people who overdo it that way.. stalking celebs and never leave them alone with pestering questions.. I would be annoyed if everybody would question me about my work 10 years ago in a not very nice way...

but you can be obsessed without being crazy.. at least I thought we aren't
Old 10-29-2017, 06:13 AM
Moderator Manager
MST Manager

I was led to LJ by an old poster on this board because I wanted to be able to share my graphics with others, not limited to PG13 rules and our small group. When I got there and shared my vids and gifs, a very popular old-school fanfic writer started recommending people to add me. It gave me a great sense of purpose at that time (RL was really sucking). I loved it!
Old 10-30-2017, 03:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
sadly there are a lot of fans, and there is no matter in which fandom, were you only can be ashamed for them.. honestly, I don't know whats wrong with people who overdo it that way.. stalking celebs and never leave them alone with pestering questions.. I would be annoyed if everybody would question me about my work 10 years ago in a not very nice way...

but you can be obsessed without being crazy.. at least I thought we aren't
There was soooo much G/R stuff going on back in the day. Now, I must say a lot of it was sparked by the Larry King special and Randy's extremely mysterious but VERY provoking I love you.

Of course, add to that their chemistry PLUS some suggestive stuff that Gale was saying in interviews and INSTANT TSUNAMI, HURRICANE, MUDSLIDE, EARTHQUAKE AND METEOR SHOWER simultaneously.

I'm not saying it was G/R's fault. But it WAS the perfect storm. They had no idea what they had said would cause such invasive obsession and speculation.

I felt so badly for G/R. I was adamant that I wouldn't read anything other than B/J and steered clear of G/R fic b/c I didn't want to invade their lives. I wouldn't stalk them at affairs in NYC, etc.

But, I must say I'm SHOCKED and quite saddened that their lives are still being affected to such an extent after almost 18 years since the show first aired.

I mean it's ridiculous.

NOW, I'M GOING TO GET REALLY RIDICULOUS. Suddenly, after viewing QAF this time around I'm more interested in G/R than I've EVER been. And shame on me.

I KNOW it's coming from this unresolved ending and I'm trying to equate B/J to how G/R seem around each other and the fact that they still have contact. I'm totally insane, I know. But, I'm like - OMIGOSH look how sweet they look together. That chemistry is still there. They still see each other. So THAT must mean that B/J still love each other, still have amazing chemistry and are still in a relationship - even if it's been a long distance relationship for 12 years. HOW NUTS AM I??? I must be the only one that extends post 513 B/J onto G/R.

BUT...I don't read the G/R fanfic nor do I stalk. I read someplace that somebody had accidentally included at least Gale if not both Gale and Randy's twitter addresses as the tweeter was tweeting naked screen shots from QAF. I felt so bad for G/R. Imagine getting tweeted an image of your naked body in a suggestive position?? The tweeter supposedly didn't mean it but it's just violating.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 10-30-2017 at 04:12 PM
Old 11-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Of course the rumors were heated back then, but it is a huge difference between rumors going around and fans rubbing them under their noses with indiscret questions.. It is nobodys buxiness what is/was going on in thier private life... and I felt uite a while like you did wit avoiding G/R fics because I felt like stepping into their privat life.. but I learned to see the difference between reality and fiction and do like those stories now..
Old 11-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Of course the rumors were heated back then, but it is a huge difference between rumors going around and fans rubbing them under their noses with indiscret questions.. It is nobodys buxiness what is/was going on in thier private life... and I felt uite a while like you did wit avoiding G/R fics because I felt like stepping into their privat life.. but I learned to see the difference between reality and fiction and do like those stories now..
Yes, the indiscreet questions are terrible. But, it was more than that. They were mobbed and violated physically and online.

Some fans are upset b/c Gale now says if he knew what being Brian would entail he wouldn't have taken the part. Unfortunately, he AND Randy were too perfect for their parts. I don't blame either of them if they have regrets. Their lives were never the same. They went from total obscurity to being the objects of obsession.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianitesince2001 (View Post)
Yes, the indiscreet questions are terrible. But, it was more than that. They were mobbed and violated physically and online.

Some fans are upset b/c Gale now says if he knew what being Brian would entail he wouldn't have taken the part. Unfortunately, he AND Randy were too perfect for their parts. I don't blame either of them if they have regrets. Their lives were never the same. They went from total obscurity to being the objects of obsession.
And sadly they still are......
Old 11-05-2017, 04:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Okay a little embarrassing maybe but a little obsessed maybe too - today while sleeping I had a dream that I was on a radio show with another lady and a man and we got to talk about QAF each week while we were on the radio show cause that's what the radio show was all about - a little embarrassing about the dream but how cool would that be to be able to have a radio show and just talk about QAF each week
Old 11-05-2017, 07:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Okay a little embarrassing maybe but a little obsessed maybe too - today while sleeping I had a dream that I was on a radio show with another lady and a man and we got to talk about QAF each week while we were on the radio show cause that's what the radio show was all about - a little embarrassing about the dream but how cool would that be to be able to have a radio show and just talk about QAF each week
LOVE that idea!!

I don't know if The Walking Dead airs in Australia but they have an after show where they discuss the plot and it's called, I think, The Talking Dead.

So, your radio show could be something like "The Queries of Queer as Folk."
Old 11-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
That is a cool dream
I wonder if somebody, somewhere has been wanting to produce a show like that. It would be cool for the fans to air their opinions and love about the show because you can see it has made a huge impact on people's lives.

Hilarie and Kit board.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Could you imagine the discussions? There are sooo many factions out there! And those factions go to war with each other!! There wouldn't be a dull moment.

B/J shippers

Brianites

Justinites

B/M shippers

anti-Brian

anti-Justin

anti-Michael

AU OTPs

Brian/Lindsay - there was something going around the fandom back then that when Brian went into Babylon looking for Justin after the bomb that he was really looking for Lindsay. ?????

Brian/Ted

Justin/Ben

Brian/Ben

was Brian OOC post 511?

did Justin just become a plot device for Brian?

the angst and anger towards Cowlip

QAF UK vs. QAF US

UK/US pairings

And the list goes on!! So, Fiona, are you going to "follow your dream" (ep 205) literally and begin a radio show?? Could you use my title "Queries of Queer as Folk" or maybe "Queer as Folk Queries."
Old 11-05-2017, 02:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

OMG!! maybe that would be a real well of wealth and there are really shippers of Ben/Justin? I never thought of that pairing before..
Old 11-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
OMG!! maybe that would be a real well of wealth and there are really shippers of Ben/Justin? I never thought of that pairing before..
Oh, definitely.

Justin thinks Ben is so hot. And, in 505 when Justin's cooking telling Brian that he borrowed Michael's cookbook Brian says "what's next? Mates?"

If you look at Justin for just a split second he likes that idea. Then, of course, the problem is that the remaining "mates" would be Brian and Michael and Justin doesn't like that so much.

And I forgot Brian/Emmett!!

"We make such a lovely couple. We're both...tall." Brian, 314

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-05-2017 at 04:27 PM
Old 11-06-2017, 11:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

You know you're obsessed with QAF when...

I was sitting here a while ago and suddenly the website went crazy then the notice came on my computer "this site can't be reached."

I panicked.

It came on about 5 minutes later. I was shocked. I thought an hour had gone by.

Time DOESN'T fly when you've lost access to QAF.

Yup. I'm obsessed.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread