Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2017, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Circle of Life is one of my favorites. Actually, I'm not really a fan of animated films, but I could watch Lion King any time.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
not just the soundtracks, the classical moives were too

Thank you so much Sia

I'd love to see the musical one day
Yes!

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 09-16-2017, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Has anyone seen The Lion King - Broadway show? It was amazing!
Old 09-16-2017, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sia - don't the Bee Gee's have an amazing sound together - their voices really blend together so well

I saw The Lion King in Melbourne I know I will be probably be putting forward an unpopular opinion but my husband and I weren't so keen on The Lion King - sorry all the fans .

I do love Frozen though
Old 09-16-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry you didn't care of The Lion King, Fiona.

Believe me...I have unpopular opinions about some shows I've seen...like Phantom of The Opera. Perhaps it was an off night for the actors/production, but it was boring for me.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
Sorry you didn't care of The Lion King, Fiona.

Believe me...I have unpopular opinions about some shows I've seen...like Phantom of The Opera. Perhaps it was an off night for the actors/production, but it was boring for me.
Haven't seen Phantom yet - I don't know if it was our seats and we were too far back in the theatre or what but yeah the Lion King didn't grab us - we know most people like it but we just didn't I love Les Miserables though and some of the songs from that are incredible - I also love Hairspray and love how catchy the songs are in that as well
Old 09-16-2017, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

When the power went out last Saturday night, my sister and I started remembering songs that we used to sing together in our younger days. We used to harmonize and got into a rousing rendition of "Paradise By The Dashboard Light". I did the female vocal part. We actually did the entire song. It was so much fun. We did at least a half-dozen songs. I was thrilled that we remembered all of the lyrics and songs.

https://youtu.be/SmPMMitJDYg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Haven't seen Phantom yet - I don't know if it was our seats and we were too far back in the theatre or what but yeah the Lion King didn't grab us - we know most people like it but we just didn't I love Les Miserables though and some of the songs from that are incredible - I also love Hairspray and love how catchy the songs are in that as well
Oh...you and hubby like theatre too? We LOVE it! I tend to like more contemporary shows.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
When the power went out last Saturday night, my sister and I started remembering songs that we used to sing together in our younger days. We used to harmonize and got into a rousing rendition of "Paradise By The Dashboard Light". I did the female vocal part. We actually did the entire song. It was so much fun. We did at least a half-dozen songs. I was thrilled that we remembered all of the lyrics and songs.

Oh...you and hubby like theatre too? We LOVE it! I tend to like more contemporary shows.
That is very cool you were singing Meatloaf and hey their songs are so long you could sing and sing and sing

We have a very lively theatre here and have two companies in town so usually get at least 2 shows a year by them plus whatever visits. This year was Wicked which we didn't get to (but wanted to but left it too late and it sold out) and then we have Little Shop of Horrors coming which I would also like to see as I did it in grade 8 at high school

What else do you like?
Old 09-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That is very cool you were singing Meatloaf and hey their songs are so long you could sing and sing and sing

We have a very lively theatre here and have two companies in town so usually get at least 2 shows a year by them plus whatever visits. This year was Wicked which we didn't get to (but wanted to but left it too late and it sold out) and then we have Little Shop of Horrors coming which I would also like to see as I did it in grade 8 at high school

What else do you like?
I've been to many shows, so it's difficult to choose a favorite. My recent favorites were Hedwig and The Angry Inch, and Cabaret (with Randy). Cabaret was not one that was on my radar until Randy got the gig. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to see him though...and the show was wonderful.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I've been to many shows, so it's difficult to choose a favorite. My recent favorites were Hedwig and The Angry Inch, and Cabaret (with Randy). Cabaret was not one that was on my radar until Randy got the gig. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to see him though...and the show was wonderful.
I bet he was amazing and I wish that there was a video you could buy for Cabaret with him in it.

I haven't heard of the other two.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:27 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Discussing the musicals, this is probably one of my most favourite

Old 09-17-2017, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG... I saw Cats 3 times!

The first time, I went 2 nights in a row. I loved it so much!
Old 09-18-2017, 06:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Haven't seen Cats either - I don't even know what it's about - apart from Cats?
Old 09-18-2017, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Haven't seen Cats either - I don't even know what it's about - apart from Cats?
That's why I went the second night. When I finally figured it out, it was almost over. It was a weird show, but I loved it.

https://youtu.be/GbpP3Sxp-1U
Old 09-18-2017, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

So it really is just all about cats?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread